Gerbings heated gear and the ole 900
My wonderful wife, for the holidays had bought me Gerbings heated gloves and a jacket liner. She is a good woman.
Last night I hook up the connections to the battery of my '02 919 (that I bought used 1.5 yrs ago)
I decided to go on my maiden voyage using the gear to the dentist today. Man, the stuff worked great that is until I got about 2 miles away from my house.
The bike died while riding. Dead she was and I had to walk it for about 1/5 (part of that uphill). She finally did manage to start after about 20 minutes of walking.
Anyways...my question is...does the issue stem from the battery? Like I said, I bought the bike used and have no idea how old the battery is. It is too coincidental that the day after I hook up the connections for the gear up to the bike, she dies on me. I am not overly technical....but the battery was hooked up to a multimeter and it was just getting a hair over 12v but it wasnt liking the load....as in the load number was pretty bad. I had taken the battery to Iron Pony (great bike store) and they want to charge the battery overnight and hook it up again tomorrow for it was pretty close to dead.
Do I have a battery issue? Does it sound like that? Or could be an alternator issue? I am thinking battery, but like I said...I am so not technical.