Today started great: got my Ohlins on! I then took it for a ~40 miles trip to test it out. For the entirety of the trip it acted perfectly fine (except once I accidentally kicked into neutral instead of 1'st, and then when it actually got into 1st it thunked much harder than normal). I got all the way home, and things went downhill.
I hopped off the bike to put the door up, got back on... and killed it shifting to first. What the fuck? I had the clutch pulled in fully, but it died. So I tried it again - same result. I tried again going into second instead of first - dead.
Here's what I tested:
1) With it off I put it in gear and rolled it with the clutch pulled - no problems.
2) I started it in 1st with the clutch pulled (on center stand now) - no problems, and the wheel didn't even think about spinning.
3) With the clutch still held, I was able to shift into neutral and then second with no issues.
4) I put it in neutral, released the clutch for a couple seconds, pulled it back in, checked that the wheel wound down to a complete stop (to make sure the clutch wasn't rubbing), and kicked it into first. This time it didn't die, but it thunked in EXTREMELY hard, almost dying.
5) I repeated 4 going into 2nd instead of 1'st, and it had the same response.
I REALLY would like to get this fixed since right now it's my primary transportation, so any advice/ideas would be appreciated
Oil change was about 1200 miles ago with full synthetic 5w-40 and new filter.
The oil is at about half. It also looks pretty dirty, but not too bad.
Oh yeah, the bike is an '07 919 with ~8000 miles.