Front wheel nut size? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 6 Old 11-01-2011, 07:22 PM Thread Starter
Cornicen

Front wheel nut size?

Quick question guys: whats d size of the nut on the front wheel? Looks like a quick trip to the hardware is in order.

Also, im doing a rear shock swap soon. You think i can prop-up the rear with jackstands under the footpegs? I have solid coerce footpegs/rearsets.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 11-01-2011, 08:07 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by honda ng gingsa View Post
Quick question guys: whats d size of the nut on the front wheel? Looks like a quick trip to the hardware is in order.

Also, im doing a rear shock swap soon. You think i can prop-up the rear with jackstands under the footpegs? I have solid coerce footpegs/rearsets.

From memory, but I think the nut is 22mm. Or the bolt head is 22 and the nut is 27ish, but that might be the rear wheel I'm thinkin' of. I would pick up the large metric socket set at Harbor Freight, you'll need it for the axles and swingarm eventually. Sorry, just realized your location, you probably don't have a Harbor Freight there, but yeah, a local hardware store should have what you need.

EDIT: It's 22. See here: https://www.wristtwisters.com/forums/...lts-16091.html

As for propping up the rear, check out my video of when I removed the Y pipe on my bike. It will show you how to use the center stand mounting points and a piece of rebar to support the bike:

g00gl3it's Channel - YouTube

OR, you can take an "A" frame ladder, throw it up straddling the rear of the bike, remove your seat and cowl, and then use tie-downs connected to the frame and run up through the top rungs of the ladder to raise the rear off the ground. For good measure, you may want to tie the front down to something as well to keep it straight. Zip tie the brake handle to the handgrip so that the front wheel can't roll, too.

See this for more ideas as well:
https://www.wristtwisters.com/forums/...ack-27483.html

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #3 of 6 Old 11-01-2011, 08:17 PM
McTavish

You do not have to remove the rear wheel to change the shock, so you can save yourself some time by not removing it.
I block mine under the lean stand lug on the left, and the bottom edge of the aluminum casting (that receives the swing arm pin) on the right. I use axle stands to allow differential heights to keep the bike level.
It's a very easy job.

post #4 of 6 Old 11-01-2011, 08:37 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcromo44 View Post
You do not have to remove the rear wheel to change the shock, so you can save yourself some time by not removing it.
I block mine under the lean stand lug on the left, and the bottom edge of the aluminum casting (that receives the swing arm pin) on the right. I use axle stands to allow differential heights to keep the bike level.
It's a very easy job.

I think he was asking about removing the front wheel. He didn't mention removing the rear.

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #5 of 6 Old 11-01-2011, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Cornicen

Ayt, cool. Lotsa ideas there. A centerstand would make it tons easier! Yup, just doin the front wheel for the springs. Rear wheel will stay on during the shock-swap...dont wanna complicate my life anymore than i have to. Thanks!

post #6 of 6 Old 11-01-2011, 09:32 PM
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00gl3it View Post
I think he was asking about removing the front wheel. He didn't mention removing the rear.
Ahhhh, but he is also going to be doing a shock swap.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode