Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Dropbox Update

6K views 38 replies 10 participants last post by  mcromo44 
#1 · (Edited)
As a result of the presently active "F3 Shock Setup" thread started by "brushbuster", I did a significant upgrade to the filing system in the Dropbox re Suspension & Chassis as found within the 919 file. It's been restructured, plus a bunch of new info added. Some folders have been created that are presently empty, but ready for later filling. For those of you regularly using the Dropbox, I hope you find it an improvement. For those new to it, the navigation within Suspension & Chassis should make it easier for you.
Regards to All, and have a good 2016 - hopefully with lots of good riding miles.
McTavish McRomo

#4 ·
Btw, I should have mentioned earlier, but I kinda cleaned house with who had read/write access to the Dropbox folder. Too many fingers in the pie...I deleted quite a few.

I left mcromo because, well, mcromo, lol

#7 ·
You can still download whatever you want from the folder, it's all public. I just locked it down because someone decided to delete it on their end and it deleted it for everyone.

#12 ·
I just did another tweak to the Dropbox.

Under "919" I have added a new folder called "1 Common Problems", the "1" merely being a simple device to locate the folder at the very top of the list.

So far I have only created two subfolders there, one re the Broken Exhaust Bracket issue, the other re the vibration induced failures of starter switches.

How about suggestions from all of you re other worthy "Common Problems" for dedictated subfolder creation and relevant documents based on website thread extracts?
Plus whatever other content you may have, can/will post or e mail in, that you feel should also be included?

#15 ·
Today's Dropbox Update:

New Folder called Lighting Upgrades & Mod's added to 919 section.
Folder has a subfolder for each of Headlights, Taillights, Signals & Auxiliary Lighting.
All the current headlamp related activity has been put in the Headlights subfolder in the form of a "page saved as"
Most of the content was also recreated as amendable documents.

I'll also comment that is sounds as though an early Honda K bucket and ring assembly is the easiest route to mount 7 inch LED automotive replacement lamps.

#17 ·
Just made a couple of changes.
Added two new categories to the 919 section.
Emission Control Systems (as holds some subfolders)
Security Systems (as holds some subfolders)

draco880's contribution today re Re-keying a 919, has just been moved to Security Systems/Ignition & Fork Lock.

#19 ·
New document just created and loaded into the Dropbox.
Re how to set up the rebound adjuster rod in the fork cap so you have proper range of adjustment AND don't ruin the needle and/or set and/or needle rod during removal, refitment, or assembly, reassembly or disassembly, of the fork caps.
As triggered by KarlJay's present work in his forks.

The path is: WT_Shared/919/Suspension & Chassis/Front Ends/F E Assembly Procedures

#24 ·
The Dropbox has just had another update.
Go to WT_Shared/919/Calculators.
Calculators now has two subfolders called "Gearing" and "Shift Points Determinations".
Each of those two subfolders have way more information in them, than the previous simple "Calculators" folder held.

#25 · (Edited)
The Dropbox has just had another update beyond g00gl3it's addition a couple of days ago.

Re WT_Shared/919
A new folder created called Parts Availability & Info
Within folder are two subfolders, one is called Availability, the other Info.
Both subfolders have their first population of documents.

New document created re NLA (No Longer Available) Parts.
It is CB700S's work as posted yesterday.
It has been located in WT_Shared/919/Parts & Availability/Availability

Some restructuring to locate the three most likely accessed folders together at the top of the WT_Shared/919 folders listing.
The first three folders to appear are now:
1 Common Problems
1 Parts Availability & Info
1 Work Details & How To's, Misc

#26 · (Edited)
I've just finished doing a major update re Maps.
What triggered it was my getting PMs from people looking in WT_Shared/919/Power Commander Files/Maps for maps I have mentioned, and not being able to find them.
Up until just minutes ago, that "Maps" folder had a poor navigation protocol, as well as being very incomplete, with many files having their old original non intuitive naming.
I was not maintaining that folder, as there was no point given the "Maps" folder in WT_Shared/919/Power Commander Files/1McRom44 All Encompassing/Maps was so much better.
But I decided that it wasn't good enough either, so I have redone that folder entirely.
Plus, I have simply copied that folder in entirety, said copy having been placed in the WT_Shared/919/Power Commander Files/Maps.
Going forward I will update both folders as driven by changes to the folder in the 1McRom44 All Encompassing.

OK you ask, what do you get out of this if you are looking for a map, or just want to sift through maps?

The maps are now grouped as follows:
Custom DJM format maps for 919s with twin cans, a good number of which are simply DJM conversions of original MAP format files from LDH's 919.org.
Custom MAP format maps for 919s with twin cans, all of which came from LDH's 919.org.
Custom DJM format maps for 900RR single outlet conversions.
Custom maps for Euro spec Cat' Con' 919s with twin cans.
Dynojet's standard global suite of DJM format maps.
Dynojet's standard global suite of MAP format maps.

In addition, all maps now have intuitive naming to some degree.

Finally, a Notes document has been added. (only one note so far, re the so called Simpson Racing map)

I hope it's all found to be of improvement and benefit.
Comments and suggestions remain most welcome.

Regards,
McTavish McRomo

#29 ·
There's now a new folder in the Dropbox.
It is called Fuel Injection System.
(triggering this was the current thread 919 dies under load)
Within the new folder is a sub folder called Throttle Body Vacuum Ports & Tubing.
The intent is multiple in order to get across and/or confirm that:
* The basic layout of the MAP related tubing complex and its Throttle Body connection points.
*The basic layout of the FPR related tubing complex, the fact that the FSM pg. 5-66 is misleading re which #2 port is for what re MAP or FPR.
*That the FPR feed ports on the throttle body are easy to identify by their much smaller I.D.
*That California 919s ONLY have an additional network of vacuum tubes that are part of that iteration's Evaporative Emission Control System.
Erroneous vacuum connections and/or bad hoses can wreak havoc with the vacuum that gets delivered to the MAP.
Likewise, disabled or removed PAIR and or Evap' systems can also wreak such havoc unless all connections are properly dealt with.

#30 ·
The above contained errors.
Corrected info has just been placed in the Dropbox, and the prior erroneous info deleted.

Inboard taps on the #'s 2 & 3 TBs are for the FPR, and have a larger passage size.
Outboard taps on the #'s 2 & 3 TBs are for MAP, all MAP taps having small passage sizes to reduced MAP fluctuations going to the MAP Sensor.
Don't be fooled by the MAP tap on #1, which is in the Inboard position, meaning that only #1 has its MAP tap inboard.

Using thread https://www.wristtwisters.com/forums/f322/starter-valve-syncronization-procedure-31333-2.html as reference:
Thanks to all concerned re the present use and revisit of the thread, as well as the thread originator.

#32 ·
Dropbox Update
I just put Mike Kline's replacement exhaust header bracket tutorial with drawing, into the Dropbox.
Note his comment about making sure the scale is correct before cutting the template from a print.
Be sure to use his "Print Scale" check of 3 in. as drawn.

The path is WT_Shared/919/1 Common Problems/Broken Exhaust Header Bracket

#33 · (Edited)
Dropbox Update
On Jan 5, I added more info re the PC-V.
Basically, I got what I could from the Dynojet website and loaded it in.
Within minutes, I'll be adding a bit more info I found from two other websites.
The short story is this:
The PC-V maps use a different format, namely .pvm
The PC-V mapping has a 15 % TP column, as compared to the prior bigger step from 10 -20.
There is a way to convert existing .djm maps to .pvm, along with the PC-V's Power Core's C3 Tuning Software to interpolate the .djm 10 & 20% data to build the .pvm 15% column.
My guess is that it's a decent result, but not as good as a highly skilled tinker tuner could get.
Beyond the above, it's not lost on me that I have yet to see a post by anyone re having a PC-V and asking anything. (OK, I don't remember such a post, but my memory is still pretty good)

The path is WT_Shared/919/Power Commander Files/1 McRomo44 All Encompassing Compilation/3d PC-V w' Autotune

#34 ·
Dropbox Update
New Folder called Adaptations added to "3a PCIIIusb Info".
Path is WT_Shared/919/Power Commander Files/1 McRomo44 All Encompassing Compilation THIS FOLDER MAINTAINED BY McRomo44/3a PCIIIusb Info/Adaptations.
The initial document for within has just been created and now resides within the folder.
The document is called Adaptation CBR1000RR PCiiiUSB to 919.
All the effort within was by WT'er Krompot.
Nice work for sure.

#35 ·
Dropbox Update
New Folder called “Horn Upgrade”
Path is WT_Shared/919/Horn Upgrade.
The initial document for within has just been created and now resides within the folder.
The document is called “Horn-Stebel_Nautilis-on-919”.
All the effort within is original by WT'er robroten.

#36 ·
Dropbox Update
New Folder called “Immobilzer & Security Systems”
Path is WT_Shared/919/Immobilizer & Security Systems.
Within are two sub folders: Aftermarket Systems and OEM Honda Systems.
Within the OEM Honda Systems are two sub folders : 1 HISS (Global non NorAm) 2 non HISS (NorAm)
2 non HISS now has two documents, one that was existent and just relocated, the other a new one as triggered by a recent thread.
The new document is called "non HISS Immobilizer diode issue"
Thanks to Melonguy for the initial post.
Thanks to all the other contributors.

#37 ·
Dropbox Update

Two new maps added, one being an original by AEG2SLOW's in PCV's .pvm format, the other being a translated copy in .djm format for use with PCiiiUSB. (K1w1Boy did the translation work)
AEG2SLOW's map was derived by the PCV in association with an O2 sensor.
The exhaust system is a single can low mount based on a 919 header whose tail end collector section has been replaced by that from a R6. (The R6 section was complete with a bung for an O2 sensor).

There is no subfolder for modified 919 headers, and seeing how rare they are, the maps are in the subfolder for 900RR conversions.

The path is:
WT_Shared/919/Power Commander Files/1 McRomo44 All Encompassing Compilation THIS FOLDER MAINTAINED BY McRomo44/Maps/919/2 DJM & PVM Customs for 900 RR header single can conversions

#38 ·
A bit more......

I had to rework the Notes section in both the original and translated versions as what was displayed didn't at all match numerous particulars. This is common, as many times an existing map is used as the baseline, but the notes are not updated to reflect the particulars. I'm not complaining, instead just pointing out that when one reads the Notes for a map, they can be very misleading if one doesn't know that the Notes are current for the actual map values.

Map file names can also be misleading, or in some cases, downright misrepresentative.
This one is my go to example of that:
The “Simson Racing” map.
Mention of, or questions about this map bubble up periodically over time.
It has been linked by at least one party to having stemmed from M112-004, the standard Dynojet issue for a Two Brothers 4:1 single outlet full system.
In fact, the map is nothing more than a simple rebadging of M112-003, the standard Dynojet issue for a stock 919 with Two Brothers cans.
In other words, there is no such thing as a bonafide unique and custom Simpson Racing map.
Which is why the so called “Simson Racing” map got binned from the Dropbox.