Last weekend I found the time to run the rearsets through the CNC mill, and to make a few other parts.
Here are some pictures of the CNC mill carving out the shapes (this took about seven different cutters, not including the drills and taps):
Here are the finished parts (not powder coated yet):
The right side has a pin on the back side for the brake lever:
I made up some stock, flat, 3-ply carbon to make the left side heel guard:
I also had to make a little T-bracket for the brake light switch, since I didn't have any suitable metal. Gee, darn.
This is the final piece:
And this is the assembly:
And finally, I mounted everything up to check fitment!
Then I had to go out of town on business, so I have not had a chance to try these out. Hopefully tomorrow!
Now seriously, these were a LOT of work to make. I can get them quoted in quantity ten sets, but I have a feeling you guys would balk at the price. Never know, though.
Some would say, "make them as castings" and they are probably on the right track. I have no experience with that yet, though.