checked memory code for 919 - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 7 Old 12-06-2012, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

checked memory code for 919

Here is my update to"Need Mechanic in 33905", and I still do!! I was reading a post here about a weak battery. Talked to the guy that sold me the bike and he said the battery was 2 years old. I took it in to get tested and it read 62cca and is rated 185cca. I did some test on the bike with the ignition turned to on but did'nt start it up. when I did try to start it the battery died. So I took it to get tested and bought a new one. Battery plus had one, said it took 6 months to ship from China!? So sat on the shelf for 3 more months.. Should of had that tested too but I did,nt think about it till I got home, I should take it back and have it tested Because I really think that is what Caused my problem with the 919. Faulty map sensor..2 left pipes cold.. Checked momory code from ECU,codes blinked 1,2,8,9,12,13,14, and 15...All 4 injectors!!I've done test on ALL these codes, The map sensor was the only one that was FAULTY. I'm hoping that the map sensor just chain reacted the other codes. Between the Undercharged Battery and the Map Sensor and new Ignition Coil,((because 1 of the connectors looked burnt,got very hot) I'm hoping this will solve the problem! Check for spark plug wires being crossed,they are in order, made sure they were on the plugs, ok, made sure I heard the SNAP..Wiring diagram shows #1 and #2 share the same black/white wire and #3 ties in later and #4 is on its own. 2 Left pipes are cold, I think there is something about #1 and #2 sharing the same ground!?Measured the resistance on #1 And #4 injector, 11.6 tuesday, 12.2 next day,11.4 today. Supposed to be between 13.0-14.4..for #3 injector too..- 2 right pipes get hot, so I don't know what to make of the readings! #2 is supposed to be between 11.1-12.3. Since the bike sat for so long, 2007 with 1600 miles, I was thinking of RINSING the tank out with ACETONE.. Any feedback would be helpful!! I was also thinking about doing a (Pair System Removal),Just wondering if it was cause problems with the ECU? Since I can't find a mechanic I might have to take it to Harley Davidson to have it tested when I get it running again, To see what Sun Sports Cycle in FortMyers SCREWED UP!!! I know they Bumped up my idle..Parts are supposed to be in Friday..HOPEFULLY

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-06-2012, 08:55 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Did you check the sparkplugs themselves?

I think that its pretty likely that the whole cascade of failures may have been caused initially by a weak battery...but since it began running badly (and you have fixed about everything else it could be) maybe the pluga in the dead cylinders have become fouled and arent functioning...?

Otger than re-checking those grounds, there doesnt seem to be much left...

After resetting the ECU, is it still throwing codes?

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"
post #3 of 7 Old 12-06-2012, 09:48 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

reset ECU

I took my 919 in because it was jerking,after a HOT Run,2 left pipes were cold, They SAID they replaced the FPRegulator and Fuel Pump and spark plugs, went to pick up bike and they tell me I HAVE A NEW PROBLEM..cleaned injectors, still was not right, After $1200.00 Told me I needed a $1000.00 Ecu! Told them I would take it somewhere else-Not in a good tone!! Anyway I Reset ECU, But have'nt been able to ride or fix it yet until parts come in. I can ride it, but since I checked everything I can think of I don't want something to go wrong with something I have already checked. I'm really hoping that your right about the battery. I'm taking the battery I just bought back, I've been reading many articles about buying a battery that's NOT more than 6 months old. New battery is 9 months old! Battery Plus told me it took 6 months to ship from China!! So sat on the shelf for 3 more months..I feel pretty stupid since I NEED a FRESH battery! Also I don't want to foul up the plugs more than they are now, even supposedly brand new. I am going to change them just to make sure they did! It's a nightmare to change the plugs on the 919. I also think If it turns out to be a nicked wire somewhere I think they may have done it while doing work on bike!! I really miss working on my Susuki DR 650!!!

post #4 of 7 Old 12-08-2012, 08:48 PM
Toll Runner

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 1

Any update ?

post #5 of 7 Old 12-14-2012, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Waiting for parts for 2 weeks now.

The parts guy told me my parts would be in in 5 days...2 weeks now...NO PARTS.. I'm going in today to ask if they were sent to China or if somebody is walking to deliver my parts. I learned my lesson to order parts myself instead of letting a highly recommended shop order them from me. Some people REALLY suck!!!

post #6 of 7 Old 12-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by erked in fortmyers View Post
The parts guy told me my parts would be in in 5 days...2 weeks now...NO PARTS.. I'm going in today to ask if they were sent to China or if somebody is walking to deliver my parts. I learned my lesson to order parts myself instead of letting a highly recommended shop order them from me. Some people REALLY suck!!!
I order small parts that I'm not in a hurry for from the dealer to save on shipping, but they always seem to take a couple of weeks to arrive. BASTARDS!

post #7 of 7 Old 12-17-2012, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Still no parts Monday. Called the parts store and the guy called and said his place where he buys JUST shipped them this morning, said they would be in his shop by Tuesday. 2 weeks and they JUST shipped them. NEVER, NEVER will I shop here again. Anyway I erased memory codes , Installed new battery and went for a ride, rode the same but when I got back and checked the 2 left pipes. They were NOW warm, not hot to the touch. 2 right pipes burnt my fingers. Checked memory codes and got--Faulty TP sensor--Faulty IAT sensor- Faulty #1 Injector- Faulty #4 Injector.. Now, I've got a faulty map sensor and I'm wondering if it is throwing out these false codes..I've already checked these codes out and they come back Ok. Going to reset the ECU and install parts AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS!!!!!Still looking for a good mechanic!!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode