Center Stand Fitment Issue (SW-Motech) - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 6 Old 03-03-2015, 02:35 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Center Stand Fitment Issue (SW-Motech)

For anyone familiar with a SW-MOTECH Centerstand for a Honda 919 Id appreciate your help. The stand is listed as fitting 01-05 919/Hornet. My bike is a 2007 which I would think should still fit and Twisted Throttle saw no reason why it wouldnt. They advised I try it for fitment and if it doesnt fit I can send it back. The stand fits and works perfectly the concern I have is the outward angle of the springs. In fact both spring ends (upper) wont fit completely in the slot so one rests partially on the other and on the slots rim. Naturally the spring would fly off if the rim wears down much.
Im not getting much help from Twisted Throttle when I sent these pictures they simply say it should fit.

If anyone has one of these stands on their 919 does it have the springs at such an angle?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 03-03-2015, 04:52 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Both springs would fit in the slot when I had mine on the bike, something is wrong if they don't. I wouldn't trust that. You could try to take a file to the slot to open it up a bit or ask for another stand( I would ask for a replacement).

post #3 of 6 Old 03-03-2015, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

The springs don't rest in the slot simply because the slot isn't deep enough given how much of an angle they're on. The rim at the end (2nd pic) is pretty thin, maybe 1/16"-3/32" so I wouldn't want to reduce it any more with a file.

post #4 of 6 Old 03-03-2015, 06:22 PM
Imaginifer

I have the springs turned around so the thinner inner one's hook is on the outside. The hook pair at the front (when the stand is up, or the one on top when the stand is down) looks like yours in that both hooks are not firmly seated in the groove - the skinnier one is riding up. I zip-tied the two hooks together such that as long as fat hook is in the groove the other isn't going anywhere. The hook pair at the other end (the one on the bottom when the stand is down) looks better in that the skinnier hook is towards the outside and is firmly seated in the groove, and the fatter hook is about half in the groove but not about to come off without the skinnier hook coming completely out of the groove.

I've had no problems with mine for the past 2-1/2 years and many thousands of miles. I think as long as you have one of the hooks firmly seated in each of the grooves you'll be OK.

"Keep on 9-in"

post #5 of 6 Old 03-03-2015, 06:48 PM
Why's everything on fire?

Garage
I've had mine on for a couple years and about 20,000 miles. It is pretty much how HornetMan's got his.

No weird arch and no problems with the spring coming off (because it's always under tension anyway.)

1986 Honda Nighthawk 700S
2002 Honda 919
post #6 of 6 Old 03-04-2015, 06:08 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Thanks for the help and taking the time to post pictures of your springs. I'll reposition my springs with the inner (smaller) on the outside and a small zip for insurance may be a good idea too. Sure is nice having a center stand on a chain drive motorcycle!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode