cbr 954 rr doa ! - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 3 Old 09-27-2012, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

cbr 954 rr doa !

Hey Guys
I new to these forums but I need some advice?

I have a real interesting problem with my bike. I have trying to fix it myself but have had no luck. they say two heads are better then one !
I have a 2003 cbr 954 rr that developed a crack in the water jacket. I bought a new case and swapped everything out fine..Got it all back together and now I have a no start problem.
I have checked all the wires,have a new ECM new main harness, and swapped the injector/tps rack.
The tps wires have good ground ,5 volts signal, and 0.50 volt reference.
here is the good part: I hook up my power probe to the battery, that gives the tip 6 volts, I back probe the signal wire(0.50 v ) that gives it 3 volt. the bike starts right up. runs great, but the voltage on the signal wire stays at 3 volt no matter where the throttle is. I disconnect the power or ground from the battery and it dies. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-28-2012, 02:08 PM
Princeps Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerfan34
Hey Guys
I new to these forums but I need some advice?

I have a real interesting problem with my bike. I have trying to fix it myself but have had no luck. they say two heads are better then one !
I have a 2003 cbr 954 rr that developed a crack in the water jacket. I bought a new case and swapped everything out fine..Got it all back together and now I have a no start problem.
I have checked all the wires,have a new ECM new main harness, and swapped the injector/tps rack.
The tps wires have good ground ,5 volts signal, and 0.50 volt reference.
here is the good part: I hook up my power probe to the battery, that gives the tip 6 volts, I back probe the signal wire(0.50 v ) that gives it 3 volt. the bike starts right up. runs great, but the voltage on the signal wire stays at 3 volt no matter where the throttle is. I disconnect the power or ground from the battery and it dies. any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Ok you said it doesn't start then you said it does so if it does....Sounds like a bad stator or regulator/rectifier. Your battery should be at least 12 volts probably a lil more. Get a service manual and check those parts. You will prob need a new battery unless it will take a full charge also.

post #3 of 3 Old 09-28-2012, 06:45 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

+1. Stator or regulator/rectifier. You should be getting 13-14v at the battery when its running.

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode