Can't lock down the seat when I use the bags. - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 2 Old 03-06-2017, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior

Can't lock down the seat when I use the bags.

For a number of years now, the 919 has been my only transportation. I use a backpack and bags when I need to haul things. The "toss over" bags go under the seat where the pass would sit and hang just outside the exhaust.

When I run the bags, I can't get the seat to lock. I'm going to fab something better, but that'll be a different time.

The lock hook needs to go down further, but I can't see any simple way to do that.

The housing for the lock is fixed to the frame, and the hook on the top looks to be a combo of metal and plastic.

The moving part of the lock could be modified to make it shorter, but then without a spring, it would be lose fitting when the bags aren't in place.

Q. Does anyone else have this problem and did you come up with a solution?

I'm looking to make some fiberglass bags with mounts that go down to the pegs, but I just can't get to that project right now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-06-2017, 10:50 PM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior

Problem solved.

There's a spring loaded slide bar that goes from the key to the hook on the seat. Take that out and grind off a bit from the top stoppers and/or from where the hook catches. This make the seat catch, but it has more play. The two rubber covered stoppers on either side of the lock can be raised. Raise those up to adjust the play out of the rear of the seat.

The slide and it's holder comes out thru the front. There's two parts, they simply fall apart and come out the front. When you replace, just twist around like a puzzle and work it back into place. Small pliers help.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode