Can anyone explain the difference in these two tires? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 6 Old 02-04-2019, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

Can anyone explain the difference in these two tires?

Same size, both ZR rated, same tread design (based on pics), different part numbers. One list the load and speed, other doesn't.

https://www.2wheel.com/bridgestone-b...rear-tire.html

https://www.2wheel.com/bridgestone-b...rear-tire.html

Also, the Hypersport doesn't have the 180 size, but the ONLY front tire offered is a Hypersport.

https://www.2wheel.com/bridgestone-s...ront-tire.html

I emailed them and never got a response. I'd guess it has something to do with softer compounds, but no way to tell.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-06-2019, 09:22 PM
Tirone

https://www.bridgestone.com/products...cts/index.html
Must be a mistake or they get parts from different suppliers. My guess would be the latter and they are middlemen. Either way, if they haven't replied to you, do you really want to do business with them? Good luck,
Dan

post #3 of 6 Old 02-06-2019, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

Quote:
Originally Posted by grgmini View Post
https://www.bridgestone.com/products...cts/index.html
Must be a mistake or they get parts from different suppliers. My guess would be the latter and they are middlemen. Either way, if they haven't replied to you, do you really want to do business with them? Good luck,
Dan
Seems they have at least two different rears with about a $40 difference.

Here's the deal, they offer a $50~$60 rebate on a set a few times a year. That would make a brand new set of tires about $130, that's less that the front tire for most sets. I've seen some good reviews of them and haven't really heard too many bad things about them.

@ $130 for a pair of new tires, you can toss them as soon as they don't perform very well. It's really a balance of a few things. Hardness of the center for more mileage, handling and how much you use them.

Getting others that some might say are better, might be over my skill level or offer things I don't ever need. The point is that at this price, it doesn't hurt so bad to toss them when they get too old but still have a good amount of tread.

I'm used to poor customer service. In fact, I haven't had good customer service in a LONG time, other than Amazon. Not getting a response from an email from someone that might buy one set of tires isn't such a big deal.

post #4 of 6 Old 02-06-2019, 11:49 PM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

Dunlop, although their tires always have some minor defect, has pretty good customer service. They send me free tires when I complain and respond pretty fast

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

post #5 of 6 Old 02-08-2019, 10:41 AM
LDH
Test Rider

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Referral Award 
Total Awards: 2

I don't know the answer directly, but I can tell you that many times the same basic tire model is used for both OEM fitment and aftermarket fitment even though there are differences in construction between the two.

post #6 of 6 Old 02-08-2019, 02:45 PM
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
I don't know the answer directly, but I can tell you that many times the same basic tire model is used for both OEM fitment and aftermarket fitment even though there are differences in construction between the two.
As there is in the automotive world also.
Quite common.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode