Brand new battery, $4 w/free shipping. - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 11 Old 01-29-2018, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior

Brand new battery, $4 w/free shipping.

I just got a brand new battery for $4 with free shipping.

I looked at this one posted here before:
https://www.batterysharks.com/Sigmas...iAAEgJSVfD_BwE

It was about $28~30 total. So I checked Walmart and it was $28 and they have "sign up for a CC and get $25 now" deal.

Signed up for a Walmart CC, got the battery for $4 with free shipping.

I think the Walmart card is 0 fees.

I hear one of them offers 3~5% rewards, not sure if mine has that or not.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 01-29-2018, 02:21 PM
919 Rider

That is ridiculously cheap.

post #3 of 11 Old 01-29-2018, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandboy View Post
That is ridiculously cheap.
I should have pointed out that the deal killer was trying to get the $16 battery shipped. The fact that that price nearly doubles after you checkout, made me want to check around.

I have no clue how this has FREE SHIPPING, but I'll take it.

Even if you don't sign up for the CC, Walmart still matches the $16 once you account for shipping.

I hope it's a good battery, I got nearly 5 years out of the current one and only now is it really starting to concern me.

post #4 of 11 Old 01-31-2018, 08:33 AM
just send it.

Garage
It's going to take more than $25 or $30 for me to sign up for another credit card.

[This space for rent]
post #5 of 11 Old 01-31-2018, 03:28 PM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakerjac View Post
It's going to take more than $25 or $30 for me to sign up for another credit card.
The way I look at it is that it's free money from them and you don't have to use it. If there's no fees, then you can just burn the card and never use it, so what's the harm?

It's the people that can't control spending that get caught up, and that's one problem I've never had, self control.

post #6 of 11 Old 01-31-2018, 05:37 PM
just send it.

Garage
Every time you apply for a card it's a hard pull on your credit. You have also just put all you info into another database that can get hacked. There may be no fees now, but you will likely forget you had this card, terms and conditions change, and all of a sudden you are being charged to keep an inactive card open.

My ex had this happen. Signed up for some card and used her college address. Terms changed and she started getting charged for an inactive account. Not much, but enough for there to be a balance, followed by a late charge, followed by interest. This went on for quite some time. They kept sending bills and notices to an address she no longer resided at. We were notified of the situation when she was served papers by a collections agency and at that point it was thousands of dollars.

[This space for rent]
post #7 of 11 Old 01-31-2018, 06:07 PM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakerjac View Post
Every time you apply for a card it's a hard pull on your credit. You have also just put all you info into another database that can get hacked. There may be no fees now, but you will likely forget you had this card, terms and conditions change, and all of a sudden you are being charged to keep an inactive card open.

My ex had this happen. Signed up for some card and used her college address. Terms changed and she started getting charged for an inactive account. Not much, but enough for there to be a balance, followed by a late charge, followed by interest. This went on for quite some time. They kept sending bills and notices to an address she no longer resided at. We were notified of the situation when she was served papers by a collections agency and at that point it was thousands of dollars.
I had that happen with a Chase bank account, they went from free to paid and wiped out a few hundred and then I started getting demand letters for more money. I was pissed.

Any idea how much damage a hard pull causes? I was looking to get another card for the balance transfer. Should 2 months be long enough to wait for the FICO score to go back to normal?

post #8 of 11 Old 02-01-2018, 08:16 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlJay View Post
I had that happen with a Chase bank account, they went from free to paid and wiped out a few hundred and then I started getting demand letters for more money. I was pissed.

Any idea how much damage a hard pull causes? I was looking to get another card for the balance transfer. Should 2 months be long enough to wait for the FICO score to go back to normal?
I'm pretty sure it dings your score for 2 years... but it's only around 5 points

Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle - Hunter S. Thompson
I just mı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨ade you wipe your screen.
-2009 Suzuki GSX-R 750 Race Bike
-2007 Honda 919
-1995 Nighthawk 750 (Tboned)
-1983 KZ 440 (Sold)
post #9 of 11 Old 02-01-2018, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmoon692008 View Post
I'm pretty sure it dings your score for 2 years... but it's only around 5 points
Any idea why they ding your credit? I get that there's odds that a person asking for credit is more in need of credit, but I've heard numbers < 5 points (I think it was 2 or 4) but that seems kinda silly.

Basically it won't make any difference unless someone was right at the edge.

I know some loans/credit cards that won't give credit below a certain point, but why wouldn't they make it "X points if they say no, 0 if they say yes"?

Maybe it washes out after a short period of time if you get approved and use it wisely. Meaning 5 point over 2 years could be countered by having a new account in good standings for a few months.

post #10 of 11 Old 02-05-2018, 08:08 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlJay View Post
Any idea why they ding your credit? I get that there's odds that a person asking for credit is more in need of credit, but I've heard numbers < 5 points (I think it was 2 or 4) but that seems kinda silly.

Basically it won't make any difference unless someone was right at the edge.

I know some loans/credit cards that won't give credit below a certain point, but why wouldn't they make it "X points if they say no, 0 if they say yes"?

Maybe it washes out after a short period of time if you get approved and use it wisely. Meaning 5 point over 2 years could be countered by having a new account in good standings for a few months.
for sure the hard pull can be countered with the new account, as inquiries don't have a huge affect. If for example you're close to your credit limit on a few cards, and open up another one, you'll lose a few points because of the pull, but you'll be less close to your credit limit with the new card, which will likely raise your score more than the pull lowered it.

Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle - Hunter S. Thompson
I just mı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨ade you wipe your screen.
-2009 Suzuki GSX-R 750 Race Bike
-2007 Honda 919
-1995 Nighthawk 750 (Tboned)
-1983 KZ 440 (Sold)
post #11 of 11 Old 02-05-2018, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmoon692008 View Post
for sure the hard pull can be countered with the new account, as inquiries don't have a huge affect. If for example you're close to your credit limit on a few cards, and open up another one, you'll lose a few points because of the pull, but you'll be less close to your credit limit with the new card, which will likely raise your score more than the pull lowered it.
Good point.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode