If anyone is interested, here are the instructions on calibrating the throttle and setting the accelerator pump (along with the pump settings that were used in my 919).
I don't know anything about how he chooses the settings (other than years of experience) but I would imagine these particular settings would work similar across all 919's, as it does not change any maps, just adds extra fuel when you twist the throttle hard/fast.
All software is available for free on Dyno Jet's website, and is an easy process to complete with a PC/laptop.
I can't/won't post/attach the map, as part of the purchase agreement was that the map would only be used in one motorcycle and would not be shared (likely because of the low cost vs a dyno tuning session) so I will honor that.
********** Configuring the Throttle Position Settings: **********
1. Warm up the bike to operating temperature.
2. Make the USB connection to the Power Commander and start the Power
3. Select Power Commander Tools, then Set Throttle Position.
PCIIIUSB models; A window will open with 3 sets of numbers, Closed,
Current and Open.
PC 5 models; A window will open with Min. = Closed and Max. = Open
4. At the Set Throttle Position window observe the Current number or
voltage. The number will be changing. Look for the average number or
voltage and write it down. (the number or voltage half way between the
lowest and highest number or voltages that you observe)
5. Left click into the Closed field and backspace over the old number.
Change it to the number that you wrote down. Press the OK button. The
window will disappear.
6. Return to Power Commander Tools, then Set Throttle Position again.
7. The following steps must be completed quickly:
a. Use the kill switch to stop the engine, leaving the key on. (except
for Yamaha’s; turn key off and then back on)
b. Immediately after the engine stops, turn the kill switch back to its
c. Turn and hold the throttle to wide open.
d. Observe the number in the Current field, it may be changing or may
remain constant. Look for the average or constant number and record it.
8. Restart the bike.
9. Left click into the Open field and backspace over the old number.
Change it to the number just recorded. Press the OK button.
Verify the Throttle Position Settings:
1. Start the bike if it’s not still running
2. With the bike at idle the % Throttle window should read “0”
3. Use the kill switch to stop the engine, leaving the key on
4. Immediately after the engine stops, turn the kill switch back to its
5. With the engine off, turn and hold the throttle to wide open, the %
Throttle window should read “100”
If either the at Closed or at Open throttle positions do not read
correctly, go back and repeat the above configuration procedure and pay
closer attention to the average numbers being displayed when using the
Set Throttle Position utility.
You are now finished with the Throttle Position settings.
Enjoy the ride!
********** PC3 Accelerator Pump Utility: **********
1. Use this link to download this utility to your computer: (cut and
paste the link into your Browser’s Address Window if clicking on it does
[Should this link not work, go to Dynojet Power Commander Products
PCIIIUSB, select Support, select Downloads and select USB Power
Commander Accelerator Pump Utility Enable by clicking the Run button.]
2. When the File Download dialog box opens, click on the Save button
3. In the resulting Save As box, save the utility into your C:\pwrcmdr
4. Connect your computer to your PCIIIusb using your USB cable
5. Start your bike
6. Run the PC Accelerator Pump Utility from
C:\pwrcmdr\PCAccellPumpEnable.exe (NOTE: No other Power Commander
software can be running when you launch this utility)
7. The utility will open and should say “Power Commander Connected”
8. Click once on the “Enable Accell Pump Feature” button (NOTE: This
will change it to read “Disable Accell Pump Feature”
9. Click the Red X to exit the utility
10. To configure the Accel Pump settings, run the Power Commander 3 USB
For both PCIIIUSB and PC 5:
11. Select Power Commander Tools
12. Select Accel Pump Configuration - (Note: for PC 5, set Accelerator
Pump to “Enabled”.
13. In the resulting Accel Pump Configuration window:
Set the Sensitivity to: 62.5%
Set the Engine Revolutions to: 14
Set the % Fuel Change to: 13
14. Click on the OK button
You are now finished Configuring the Accelerator Pump Utility