Anyone know who has the fastest shipping on parts (brake pads)? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 9 Old 04-04-2019, 10:04 PM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior

Anyone know who has the fastest shipping on parts (brake pads)?

Just got a funny noise and it looks like I'm metal to metal on the front pads. Looking for next day options or something close to that.

Any ideas or is this just out of the question.

Don't have any Honda dealers here, Roseville is the closest and I'll call them.

I'm thinking LDH is in California, maybe he can next day a set for a fair price.

Didn't think they were that close, I'll have to inspect the rotors to see what damage was done.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 04-05-2019, 08:47 AM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 6

Probably Amazon prime.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

post #3 of 9 Old 04-05-2019, 09:02 AM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanktm View Post
Probably Amazon prime.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Bingo!
Just ordered thru Amazon (didn't use prime) and got 1 day shipping... but here's the fly in the ointment. I only got 1 day shipping on ONE pair. They showed 3 pairs in stock, and wouldn't do 1 day shipping if I did qty 2, so I decided to make two orders the same, in order to get 1 day shipping.

First order goes thru, no problem, start the second order and it's not giving me the 1 day shipping option that I JUST got on the other order.

So I figured I picked the wrong seller or something... Nope, even "order again" didn't give me the 1 day shipping option.

1 hour and 4 cut offs from Amazon customer support and I have someone telling me "maybe you missed the cutoff" or "maybe someone else ordered the other stock"... Nope, still shows in stock.

So I now have 1 day shipping on HALF of the brake pads I need and 2 day shipping on the other HALF of the brake pads I need.

Who's hair brain idea was it to sell brake pads for HALF the job should be slapped silly.

The good news is that Amazon cut the shipping costs to zero for the trouble.

I should have new pads today and Sunday.

TBH, I was blown away that they even offered 1 day (same day) shipping, pretty amazing and really shows why businesses are having a hard time competing against Amazon. I bet I can't get those pads anywhere in Sacramento same day.

post #4 of 9 Old 04-07-2019, 06:15 AM
Tesserarius

From where LDH is, to Sacramento would be one day, even if you use ground service UPS.

Keep an eye on those pads. They didn't wear out all of a sudden!

post #5 of 9 Old 04-07-2019, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper-x View Post
From where LDH is, to Sacramento would be one day, even if you use ground service UPS.

Keep an eye on those pads. They didn't wear out all of a sudden!
I knew they were due up, just didn't think they would wear so fast at the end. I think what happened is that I didn't put them back in the same spot which caused faster wear until they conform to the shape of the rotor.

I thought I had at least 6 months left.

post #6 of 9 Old 04-08-2019, 07:27 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlJay View Post
Bingo!
Just ordered thru Amazon (didn't use prime) and got 1 day shipping... but here's the fly in the ointment. I only got 1 day shipping on ONE pair. They showed 3 pairs in stock, and wouldn't do 1 day shipping if I did qty 2, so I decided to make two orders the same, in order to get 1 day shipping.

First order goes thru, no problem, start the second order and it's not giving me the 1 day shipping option that I JUST got on the other order.

So I figured I picked the wrong seller or something... Nope, even "order again" didn't give me the 1 day shipping option.

1 hour and 4 cut offs from Amazon customer support and I have someone telling me "maybe you missed the cutoff" or "maybe someone else ordered the other stock"... Nope, still shows in stock.

So I now have 1 day shipping on HALF of the brake pads I need and 2 day shipping on the other HALF of the brake pads I need.

Who's hair brain idea was it to sell brake pads for HALF the job should be slapped silly.

The good news is that Amazon cut the shipping costs to zero for the trouble.

I should have new pads today and Sunday.

TBH, I was blown away that they even offered 1 day (same day) shipping, pretty amazing and really shows why businesses are having a hard time competing against Amazon. I bet I can't get those pads anywhere in Sacramento same day.
One day shipping usually is only an option if they have the part in stock at a very local warehouse. What likely happened was there was only one pair at the local warehouse to you, so it wouldn't let you order two for one day delivery it didn't let you because they only had one pair that would make it in time. Then when you ordered that single pair for one day delivery and attempted to order again the system knew that close set was spoken for and didn't give you the option of one day.

Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle - Hunter S. Thompson
I just mı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨ade you wipe your screen.
-2009 Suzuki GSX-R 750 Race Bike
-2007 Honda 919
-1995 Nighthawk 750 (Tboned)
-1983 KZ 440 (Sold)
post #7 of 9 Old 04-08-2019, 08:47 AM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmoon692008 View Post
One day shipping usually is only an option if they have the part in stock at a very local warehouse. What likely happened was there was only one pair at the local warehouse to you, so it wouldn't let you order two for one day delivery it didn't let you because they only had one pair that would make it in time. Then when you ordered that single pair for one day delivery and attempted to order again the system knew that close set was spoken for and didn't give you the option of one day.
I think you're right, but the ended up screwing everything up. Both orders were delayed.

I got 1 of the two on Sunday and installed it one pad on each side by selecting the worse one. Seems the inner pads wore faster than the outer. So I broke in that set and I'll install the others when they come in.

I guess the good news is that I got some $30 refund on the order so far and they still have to make one more adjustment because both orders failed.

I was really surprised how quick they wore out. I inspected them just about a month ago when I got the new tires. Maybe I just didn't inspect every one and I have a fair amount on the others.

Alt least there was no real damage done.

post #8 of 9 Old 04-09-2019, 11:28 AM
LDH
Test Rider

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Referral Award 
Total Awards: 2

Both UPS and Priority Mail in California is usually a 1 day point or 2 days at the absolute worst case scenario.

post #9 of 9 Old 04-09-2019, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
Both UPS and Priority Mail in California is usually a 1 day point or 2 days at the absolute worst case scenario.
I was a few clicks from ordering from you, the noise happened on a Thursday evening and I was searching Friday morning, so I say the 1 day option on Amazon. If ordered by something like 9 AM, I'd get them by 9 PM that day.

The 1 day on a Friday is a different story as you don't always get Saturday or Sunday shipping. I ended up one one Sunday and one on Monday, so Amazon screwed up both of them.

Worse than that, they then offered to remove the shipping charges on ONE of them because of the screw up... I could have selected 2 day FREE shipping and end up the same... So they're sorry, didn't do a damn bit of good.

A few years back, Amazon had excellent service, this time they really screwed things up and didn't handle it well at all.

I really wanted your pads, but I screwed up by not seeing how close the one pad was.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode