Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Air Cleaner

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Ottawa919 
#1 · (Edited)
How often do you clean and or replace the STOCK air cleaner? I have a little over 5k on my '07, haven't even looked at mine yet (probably should)....

#3 ·
Just replaced mine @ 19,000 kms

The original was looking OK, but I had a nice new one sitting in the 919 box of goodies and treated the bike for the coming summer.

@ 5k miles - unless you are riding dirt roads I'd expect your filter to be nice and clean with lots of service life left in it.

#4 ·
The '03 is now at 57K, blown out with compressed air periodically and inspected. It has never been replaced. Just coming up to a plug change after 20K. I will probably check the air filter again at this time. With the Renntec crash bar in place in place, the filter can barely squeeze past it's housing.

Doc

#5 ·
I checked mine for the first time since the spring. Oops, I should have checked it sooner. It is rather filthy after the 12,000 km that I have put on so far since then. If it were a car filter it would be replaced. I am going to try blowing it out with a compressor to see how clean it can get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.