9'r is fueling wierd - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 9 Old 06-17-2012, 07:07 AM Thread Starter
919>food>beer

9'r is fueling wierd

My 919 has some where in the ball park of 80k miles on it, she is maintained well but ridden. I just got back from a 2k mile trip to the gap, a lot of it in the rain. Anyway, I get back to florida it is starts misfiring at low rpm and on deceleration. It seems to be loading with fuel. I checked the fuel pressure reg. and the diaphram is still good on it. Spark plugs were just changed and all are firing. I didn't see any loose vacuum lines or such.

now once I get rolling and on the gas it'll clear up just fine and will tear off... it's just low load-rpm- decel that are issues.

I will be checking my tps again, maybe it got knocked out of position, but other than that I am at a lose. I've ran through two tanks of gas and also pug seafoam in there thinking maybe there was some moisture. but nothing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 06-17-2012, 07:33 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Check your vacuum lines.

if you love your motorcycle, set it free.. if it comes back and hits you.. you highsided
post #3 of 9 Old 06-17-2012, 07:37 AM
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

You checked the pluggs and they didn't look to be fowling or any thing? Do you have a Power Commander? Did you make sure the correct wires were going to the correct pluggs?

Never Trade the Thrills of Living for the Security of Existence.

post #4 of 9 Old 06-17-2012, 07:41 AM Thread Starter
919>food>beer

plugs are 2k miles old and didn't see any fouling, plug wires on the 9'r are kinda hard to put on wrong due to the lengths

post #5 of 9 Old 06-17-2012, 10:20 AM
Le So Cal Troll

check the ground under the tank, as well as the two wires to the coils.

also it could be the fpr... you might have a very very small pinhole leak in the fpr.... and under decel when the throttle is closed vacuum is highest and its very possible that is when its showing its weakness.

post #6 of 9 Old 06-17-2012, 11:43 AM Thread Starter
919>food>beer

ground is possible... the fpr i hooked up to the miti-vac and it held the vacuum fine, it may be putting out too much fuel though

post #7 of 9 Old 06-17-2012, 04:29 PM
Le So Cal Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeef View Post
ground is possible... the fpr i hooked up to the miti-vac and it held the vacuum fine, it may be putting out too much fuel though
naw.... thats the job of the injectors to regulate fuel... the ammount of fuel that they dispense doesnt change all that much with increased or decreased pressure.

post #8 of 9 Old 06-17-2012, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
919>food>beer

I'm at the Gf's apt tonight, hooked the volt meter to the tps. key on not running it is reading .04 and running it is reading .58 closed throttle... now the thing is, i know that sensor should read .5 with the key on not running, and i believe there should be no difference between running and not... will play with it in my garage tomorrow.

post #9 of 9 Old 06-19-2012, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
919>food>beer

welp... here is the story, I got the tps back to .5v at closed while running and once again the bike is happy and not way over rich. however, I am still baffled as to why it is giving me two different reading when the bike is running and just on. They should be the same. I checked the grounding and it is fine, its not that there is a short between the ecm and tps, as I checked and its the same reading at the ecm.

It runs great now so I guess I should be happy with that...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode