919 - Yoshimura Dual Exhaust Alignment and Fitting - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 2 Old 01-12-2020, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

919 - Yoshimura Dual Exhaust Alignment and Fitting

So I cut/fitted up rubber lining on my exhaust clamps (tighter clamp and reduce vibration) when I found a couple of issues.

1. While tightening the clamp, I was aligning the muffs when it was completely removed with the mid pipe with ease! I was shocked how easy it was removed! I immediately put em back and tighten the screws where the endcan and midpipe meet, however it's not that airtight! I can feel air coming out of it (not enough to blow a tissue paper when placed on top but you can definitely feel there's a small leak)

Is such small leak acceptable? What can I do to improve tightness? Anything to put in the connecting pipes?

2. Related to #1, I pushed the left Yoshi endcan all the way to the midpipe, however it's not aligned with the right pipe which is already fitted end to end with the midpipe. So what I did was not to "push" the left Yoshi pipe to the midpipe so that it will be aligned with the right Yoshi pipe.

Could this be the reason for the small leak that I have? Do I need to check if my midpips are the same?

Anyone out there who have tips on fitting Niner exhausts? Please let me know 😎😎😎

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 01-13-2020, 04:31 AM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

When I did the 900RR conversion, the muffler fit on the pipe was a little loose, so I built up the diameter a little using some aluminum exhaust tape. I think I got it an an auto parts store.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Exhaust tape.jpg (97.1 KB, 5 views)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode