919 Rear wheel bearings - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 9 Old 11-02-2015, 11:23 AM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

919 Rear wheel bearings

I ordered Honda OEM bearings for the rear wheel and hub. The aftermarket bearings that the previous owner had installed were falling apart. After market bearing are junk. Anyways... Instead of buying the OEM bearings like I did I will post the Brand and model number of the bearings that Honda uses.

Here they are..

Rear wheel quantity- 2 NSK 6204DU 20X47X14 sealed ball bearings

Rear Hub quantity-1 NTN SC04866LU (could not find the measurement)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 11-02-2015, 12:51 PM
Why's everything on fire?

Garage
Aftermarket Koyo bearings are just fine. Many of us have used them with little problem - Koyo supplies Honda and sometimes you'll get Koyo in the little Honda bags if you buy the bearings from Honda. Chinese bearings, not so much.

1986 Honda Nighthawk 700S
2002 Honda 919
post #3 of 9 Old 11-02-2015, 01:05 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

All balls might be Chinese metal but Koyo is definitely a reputable Japanese brand and make. You can find then on Ebay cheaper than a Honda kit, I think in the same range as the all balls

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '96 Race-retired GSXR 750 (Sold)
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

"Security is mostly a superstition, it does not exist in nature: avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright being exposed. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."-Helen Keller

post #4 of 9 Old 11-02-2015, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewebay1 View Post
All balls might be Chinese metal but Koyo is definitely a reputable Japanese brand and make. You can find then on Ebay cheaper than a Honda kit, I think in the same range as the all balls
I think what was in it, was the ALL Balls. It says something else on the bearing (not All Balls). What I am saying is I think the bearings that I took out of the wheel, had come in an All Balls package. I will take some pictures of what I took out and post them.

If Koyo does come in the Honda packages, then I would consider them to be OEM.

post #5 of 9 Old 11-02-2015, 02:46 PM
`

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewebay1 View Post
You can find then on Ebay cheaper than a Honda kit, I think in the same range as the all balls
Dangerous route that I wouldn't take. Saving a few bucks and getting fake crap that has unknown quality control. IMO these items are too crucial for safety to take your chances. You won't believe how huge counterfeit bearing market is, thanks to China and India. Yes, fake bearing will have all correct stamping too: "SKF, Koyo, Japan, Germany etc" and come in legit looking box.

Spend a few extra bucks, and get Honda bearings that come with Honda part number on the package. The only way to make sure you are getting legit thing short of going to the authorized SKF, Koyo, NSK, Timken, FAG distributor. Trip to any authorized dealer of the above will quickly show you that Honda bearings are actually come at very discounted price. Also Honda moto market is not big enough to keep serious counterfeiters interested in faking Honda OEM packaging etc. Plus dealer gets them from trusted sources as well
Industry has all kinds of associations established strictly to fight black market crap.

one example:
Anti-counterfeiting

Just google "counterfeit bearings" for more info..

post #6 of 9 Old 11-02-2015, 05:01 PM
Tesserarius

post #7 of 9 Old 11-02-2015, 05:05 PM

Garage
Boss Bearings sells on the Internet and on EBay and has been verified as selling genuine Koyo and Nachi bearings and seals. Their merchandise has been checked by several people and they're authorized Koyo and Nachi distributors. Pretty sure you're getting what you ordered when you buy from them.

2002 Honda 919
post #8 of 9 Old 11-02-2015, 05:51 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

Seller of my Koyo bearings was boss bearings on Ebay. They're holding up quite nice (rears).

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '96 Race-retired GSXR 750 (Sold)
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

"Security is mostly a superstition, it does not exist in nature: avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright being exposed. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."-Helen Keller
post #9 of 9 Old 11-02-2015, 08:09 PM

Garage
Oh, yeah - Boss Bearings is not to be confused with Quad Boss. The former sells genuine quality bearings, the latter is the same kind of Chinese crap as All Balls.

2002 Honda 919

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode