919 Danmoto PC3 map - Wrist Twisters
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By mcromo44

post #1 of 12 Old 07-12-2016, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

919 Danmoto PC3 map

Just put my PC3 USB in last night, currently running the Moriwaki map. My mods are Danmoto GP slip ons and a bikemaster filter (please don't crucify me, I like reusable filters). Any different suggestions on what map to try next? I will be trying the Moriwaki for a few days first.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 07-13-2016, 09:54 AM
Centurion

Garage
I also have the Danmoto GPs on with a newly installed PC3, though i've just left it with the stock map.

To clarify, the Moriwaki map corresponds to the mw919mori4.djm file ? I'm guessing that's the one since there's a mori in the name :P

Also are you using the latest dynojet software or the older gen ones?

I'm a super noob when it comes to this, so any additional info that I can get on how to update the maps properly without breaking the bike is very very welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollindurty View Post
Just put my PC3 USB in last night, currently running the Moriwaki map. My mods are Danmoto GP slip ons and a bikemaster filter (please don't crucify me, I like reusable filters). Any different suggestions on what map to try next? I will be trying the Moriwaki for a few days first.

post #3 of 12 Old 07-13-2016, 11:07 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewmin3m View Post
I also have the Danmoto GPs on with a newly installed PC3, though i've just left it with the stock map.

To clarify, the Moriwaki map corresponds to the mw919mori4.djm file ? I'm guessing that's the one since there's a mori in the name :P

Also are you using the latest dynojet software or the older gen ones?

I'm a super noob when it comes to this, so any additional info that I can get on how to update the maps properly without breaking the bike is very very welcome

Quote:
Yes that's the Moriwaki map, and I have the PC3 USB and am using the maps that have been converted. Loading maps is easy, all you do is plug the USB into the PC and the laptop and select a map to send to the PC. I switched to the Sandy map for the Yoshimura slipons with a BMC filter and that seems to be a bit better. That map was also done at altitude so it might work better for me being that I'm at about 2,500 ft.

post #4 of 12 Old 07-13-2016, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Make sure you calibrate your throttle as well using the laptop.

post #5 of 12 Old 07-13-2016, 03:12 PM
McTavish

Quote:
Make sure you calibrate your throttle as well using the laptop.
Or, slightly rephrased, be sure the synchronize the PC3usb to the Throttle Positioner.

I'll also add a bit more for the benefit of all:

If the PC3usb is not synched to the T'P, then the PC3usb's correction map will be out of synch with the ECU's baseline map.
Imagine a two identical grids, one being the ECU's baseline map, the other being the PC3usb's correction map, and wanting the correction grid to lay perfectly over the baseline grid.
Keep in mind that that PC3usb holds a "map correction" and not a "corrected map", the PC3usb being a "piggyback device".
The PC3usb instructs the ECU to correct its baseline map continuously in real time by altering the pulse width signal to the fuel injectors.

Synch at the Closed and the Open positions, the Closed position being far more critical in terms of rideability effect.
Don't just do it at the Closed position, unless the check shows the Open position already displaying 100%.
I've seen Closed position errors ranging from 2 % to 5 %, 5 being a huge error if one is riding in slow traffic with weeny throttle openings at low revs.

The so called Moriwaki map is from LDH's 2002 era dyno work.
The present day file named mw919mori4.djm is my djm conversion of the original .map version as I found on 919.org
That particular map is the 4th and final iteration (Sept 15, 2002)of LDH's dyno work with the Moriwaki cans he had on his bike at that time.
It's an excellent map.
It's not a track use oriented max power map like some others are, such as the Dan Kyle Large Bore Satos map.
What it is, is a really good "rideability" map with smoothed out torque curve all the way across and some power gain.
It's excellent mapping for the typical real world broad spectrum use of the 919, as in street/touring through to track days.

post #6 of 12 Old 07-13-2016, 06:01 PM
Centurion

Garage
Cool thanks for the detailed information !

I'll do a bit more reading from the dropbox, I saw there were how tos in there on how to do the throttle sync (though they did use an older software) but hopefully I can figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcromo44 View Post
Or, slightly rephrased, be sure the synchronize the PC3usb to the Throttle Positioner.

I'll also add a bit more for the benefit of all:

If the PC3usb is not synched to the T'P, then the PC3usb's correction map will be out of synch with the ECU's baseline map.
Imagine a two identical grids, one being the ECU's baseline map, the other being the PC3usb's correction map, and wanting the correction grid to lay perfectly over the baseline grid.
Keep in mind that that PC3usb holds a "map correction" and not a "corrected map", the PC3usb being a "piggyback device".
The PC3usb instructs the ECU to correct its baseline map continuously in real time by altering the pulse width signal to the fuel injectors.

Synch at the Closed and the Open positions, the Closed position being far more critical in terms of rideability effect.
Don't just do it at the Closed position, unless the check shows the Open position already displaying 100%.
I've seen Closed position errors ranging from 2 % to 5 %, 5 being a huge error if one is riding in slow traffic with weeny throttle openings at low revs.

The so called Moriwaki map is from LDH's 2002 era dyno work.
The present day file named mw919mori4.djm is my djm conversion of the original .map version as I found on 919.org
That particular map is the 4th and final iteration (Sept 15, 2002)of LDH's dyno work with the Moriwaki cans he had on his bike at that time.
It's an excellent map.
It's not a track use oriented max power map like some others are, such as the Dan Kyle Large Bore Satos map.
What it is, is a really good "rideability" map with smoothed out torque curve all the way across and some power gain.
It's excellent mapping for the typical real world broad spectrum use of the 919, as in street/touring through to track days.

post #7 of 12 Old 07-13-2016, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

It's pretty easy, I'm not sure what it said for yours but I used the 9 volt battery to trick it into thinking my bike was running. It won't recognize your throttle position on the laptop unless it's "running" so the 9 volt tricks it. Unless of course you own a dyno or don't mind pinning your throttle for a few seconds lol.

post #8 of 12 Old 07-14-2016, 07:07 AM
McTavish

Quote:
It's pretty easy, I'm not sure what it said for yours but I used the 9 volt battery to trick it into thinking my bike was running. It won't recognize your throttle position on the laptop unless it's "running" so the 9 volt tricks it. Unless of course you own a dyno or don't mind pinning your throttle for a few seconds lol.
The 919 can be done without the use of the external 9v battery.
Simply have the key in and turned to the run position with the engine not running.
badmoon692008 likes this.

post #9 of 12 Old 07-14-2016, 07:15 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcromo44 View Post
The 919 can be done without the use of the external 9v battery.
Simply have the key in and turned to the run position with the engine not running.
^What he said... I thought all bikes/power commander set ups were like this... It took me forever to figure out why it wasn't working on my GSXR track bike...

Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle - Hunter S. Thompson
I just mı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨ade you wipe your screen.
-2009 Suzuki GSX-R 750 Race Bike
-2007 Honda 919
-1995 Nighthawk 750 (Tboned)
-1983 KZ 440 (Sold)
post #10 of 12 Old 07-14-2016, 11:42 AM
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by badmoon692008 View Post
^What he said... I thought all bikes/power commander set ups were like this... It took me forever to figure out why it wasn't working on my GSXR track bike...
I found out about the 919 just trying it.
Then I found out about the GSXR by tearing my hair out just like you too went through !

post #11 of 12 Old 07-14-2016, 11:47 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

I realized that last night lol

post #12 of 12 Old 07-18-2016, 07:38 PM
Centurion

Garage
turns out i only had 1% of throttle position difference thing... corrected that then sent the moriwaki map :P Thankfully I'm also very close to sea level 130ft so it should work nicely.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode