50k maintenance - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 3 Old 04-16-2019, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

50k maintenance

So guys, I've had my 919 for a couple months now and since the rain is finally clearing up in the bay area, I've been riding it more often.

I finally hit 50k miles on it yesterday and was wondering, what are some things that I should change or have it checked out for?

I already changed the oil, oil filter, air filter and had the chain and sprocket replaced. Besides that, anything else?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 04-16-2019, 07:08 PM
Milites Gregarius

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

Have the valves been checked? Any noises bothering you? Fuel consumption issues?

My experience with the niner in ~60k of ownership is that of "don't fix what isn't broken."

In general, if it starts making a lot of rattling noise, check the cam chain tensioner. If fuel consumption goes out of whack, check the fuel pressure regulator. That's about it aside from the maintenance schedule.

post #3 of 3 Old 04-16-2019, 07:18 PM
Cornicen

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Yeah I'm about the same. If you haven't changed fork oil, I'd do that. If you have adjustable suspension, I'd check that the rebound setting is correct as it changes over time. I intend to change spark plugs soon. Also, make sure the little oil collector thing that hangs off the airbox is cleaned out every once in a while. Otherwise your airbox fills up with oil. Could check wheel bearings and steering head bearings. Clutch and throttle cable adjustments, brake fluid change, coolant change, check the rotors for wear maybe. All I got off the top of my head, as these are things I recently checked/did on my bike.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode