2002 919 Odd Starting Issue - Wrist Twisters
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kaivat

post #1 of 3 Old 07-11-2020, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Hey guys, I detailed my bike this morning and this afternoon when I went to start it, as soon as I flipped the key and disabled the kill switch, the bike started right up without me pressing the ignition button. At first I thought I must have just accidentally pressed it because normally I let the fuel pumps go for a second and then I hit the ignition. I tried it again and sure enough, every time the kill switch is disabled and the key is on, the bike starts without the ignition button being pressed. It also sounds like the fuel pump runs louder than normal but this could just be my imagination expanding on this small issue. Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this issue with it starting on its own? My theory was that while I was washing it this morning water got in somewhere in the electrical and hadn't dried out yet and is causing a grounding issue or a short somewhere. I'm going to let it sit for a few days to see if it sorts itself out, but if not, anyone have any thoughts? Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-12-2020, 08:13 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Fixed the issue. I've got a loose wire in the starter button housing that was causing it to always be engaged.
mcromo44 likes this.

post #3 of 3 Old 07-12-2020, 12:19 PM
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaivat View Post
Fixed the issue. I've got a loose wire in the starter button housing that was causing it to always be engaged.
Good quick sleuthing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode