1/2 off Bosch oil filters - Wrist Twisters
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By marylandmike
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 Old 08-10-2017, 04:00 PM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 2,140
Rep Power: 1
 
1/2 off Bosch oil filters

Just went to Autozone for an oil filter, when ringing it up, it gave a $2 discount. I bought all they had (3).

IDK if it's offered online or not, but that's a pretty sweet deal.

EDIT: just checked, they're $1.79 online. Can't beat that.

KarlJay is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 22 Old 08-10-2017, 04:14 PM
Milites Gregarius
 
TheScientist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 124
Rep Power: 1
 
Maybe it's just me but I have a hard time trusting that a filter is built well enough for $1.79.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2003 Honda CB900 919 Hornet - Current
1999 Suzuki Bandit S1200 - sold
1986 Honda Magna V65 - sold
TheScientist is offline  
post #3 of 22 Old 08-10-2017, 05:50 PM
Milites Gregarius
 
IHellsent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 103
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage
Which Bosch filter are you running on your 919? I use oem but i'm a cheap bastard at heart lol.

PS. Yes i've heard the argument against running non honda mc filters on the 919.

Just ride!
2006 Honda 919 (my baby)
1990 GS500 (POS first bike)
2015 Honda Grom (City destroyer)
IHellsent is offline  
 
post #4 of 22 Old 08-10-2017, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 2,140
Rep Power: 1
 
I'm running the 3320. I noticed how much bigger it was than the Wix I replaced, I thought it was wrong, but it fits.

As far as the cost/quality... Oil filters are probably $0.10 of actual materials, suggesting that a promo from Bosch means they are 2nd rate, just doesn't add up.

When they offer promo sales on tires, do you refuse to buy them? This stuff is so marked up, it's unreal. I've heard bad things about Fram before, but never heard bad about Wix or Bosch.

KarlJay is offline  
post #5 of 22 Old 08-10-2017, 10:26 PM
Tirone?
 
Sckill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,250
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 12

Don't buy Bosch. The filters are paper thin.

2 years ago on a cross country trip with my wife on the Tenere, the Bosch filter got nicked by gravel and started leaking out. The gravel was from a parking lot next to the hotel and I was going no more than 10mph in the lot. Luckily we saw the oil leak at the gas station next door and found a Napa 2 miles down the road to do a roadside oil filter change.

2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
2001 Honda Blackbird
2007 Honda 919



49/50 visited on two wheels. 1 more to go!
Sckill is offline  
post #6 of 22 Old 08-11-2017, 05:50 AM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 2,140
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sckill View Post
Don't buy Bosch. The filters are paper thin.

2 years ago on a cross country trip with my wife on the Tenere, the Bosch filter got nicked by gravel and started leaking out. The gravel was from a parking lot next to the hotel and I was going no more than 10mph in the lot. Luckily we saw the oil leak at the gas station next door and found a Napa 2 miles down the road to do a roadside oil filter change.
Not exactly what they were designed for. I've opened a few and I don't remember any brand where the outside shell was much thicker than any other.

Do you actually think that Bosch filter's have a thinner outer shell than others?

KarlJay is offline  
post #7 of 22 Old 08-11-2017, 06:47 AM
Tirone?
 
Sckill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,250
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlJay View Post
Not exactly what they were designed for. I've opened a few and I don't remember any brand where the outside shell was much thicker than any other.

Do you actually think that Bosch filter's have a thinner outer shell than others?
At least the one I had in my bike was thin enough to start leaking from a superficial scratch. Either they are thin or their quality control sucks.

Not sure what you mean by not exactly what they were designed for? Riding anywhere even on street you can expect some loose debris. It's one thing if your oil filter gets punctured rolling down the highway at 60mph, but my situation was slow speed in a hard packed gravel parking lot. My bike even has a skid plate which blocks off almost the entire front and sides of the filter. Anything that could have hit would have been tiny and shouldn't have had enough energy to puncture a normal oil filter, but it did on my Bosch filter.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
2001 Honda Blackbird
2007 Honda 919



49/50 visited on two wheels. 1 more to go!
Sckill is offline  
post #8 of 22 Old 08-11-2017, 07:18 AM
Milites Gregarius
 
TheScientist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 124
Rep Power: 1
 
I have to say that I've heard negatives about every single oil filter out there. There will always be an anomalies.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2003 Honda CB900 919 Hornet - Current
1999 Suzuki Bandit S1200 - sold
1986 Honda Magna V65 - sold
TheScientist is offline  
post #9 of 22 Old 08-11-2017, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 2,140
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sckill View Post
At least the one I had in my bike was thin enough to start leaking from a superficial scratch. Either they are thin or their quality control sucks.

Not sure what you mean by not exactly what they were designed for? Riding anywhere even on street you can expect some loose debris. It's one thing if your oil filter gets punctured rolling down the highway at 60mph, but my situation was slow speed in a hard packed gravel parking lot. My bike even has a skid plate which blocks off almost the entire front and sides of the filter. Anything that could have hit would have been tiny and shouldn't have had enough energy to puncture a normal oil filter, but it did on my Bosch filter.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
The shells are made from mild steel, everyone I've ever seen is made from mild steel. I've opened a number of them from cars, trucks and bikes. I'd be willing to bet that Bosch, the world's largest supplier of automotive components in 2011, founded in the 1800's actually knows how to make a quality filter. You didn't do a test to see if Fram or Wix would have done the same, nor did you measure the thickness of the shell and compare it to others.

You blame quality control, yet you don't know that filter was any thinner than any other filter. How many reports have there been about "pebbles hitting bike filters and breaking them"? Is this a common thing? I've never had that happen to me.

How hard would it have to hit to not only bend the mild steel, but to bend it to the point of failure? How much thicker is the Fram or Wix oil filter?

If we take 100 random filters, open them and compare the quality and thickness of the metal, would Bosch actually be thinner?

I actually have a BS in management science. I've done quality control systems for some of the largest companies. Suggesting that because you had one problem with one filter, that some how those filter's are "paper thin" without any analysis of the actual filter is just crazy. I don't know what you hit or what hit you, but concluding that Bosch make paper thin filters just doesn't have any sound logic.

It's amazing how much bias people have. Logic just goes out the window.

BTW, you don't have to buy any Bosch filters, I'm sure you feel much safer, but your logic that concludes Bosch has paper thin filters doesn't hold water.

KarlJay is offline  
post #10 of 22 Old 08-11-2017, 02:31 PM
Milites Gregarius
 
TheScientist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 124
Rep Power: 1
 
I don't have a BS in science YET (that will be coming in about 4 years) but I do work for one of the largest construction product companies and I do analysis on these products every single day. I can attest that there is no way to dub a product as poor unless the sample size is large enough to say there is a reasonable amount of data backing it up. One rock to one filter is hardly enough evidence and I think we can all agree on that. Like I said earlier, anomalies DO happen. They usually cannot be explained without extensive detective work and even then it's extremely difficult to determine the cause.

I personally use K&N for no particular reason other than they are a decent price at my location parts store and I like the nut function. I'm willing to try anything but I need data to back it up.

2003 Honda CB900 919 Hornet - Current
1999 Suzuki Bandit S1200 - sold
1986 Honda Magna V65 - sold
TheScientist is offline  
post #11 of 22 Old 08-11-2017, 02:50 PM
919 Rider
 
Islandboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Flinders island
Posts: 2,199
Rep Power: 1
 
Not sure if it's valid, but in this link a comparison between oil filters, the bosch filter has one of the thinnest cases.
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&s...Dase2H4AxrK5oQ

Islandboy is offline  
post #12 of 22 Old 08-11-2017, 03:22 PM
Tirone?
 
Sckill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,250
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlJay View Post
The shells are made from mild steel, everyone I've ever seen is made from mild steel. I've opened a number of them from cars, trucks and bikes. I'd be willing to bet that Bosch, the world's largest supplier of automotive components in 2011, founded in the 1800's actually knows how to make a quality filter. You didn't do a test to see if Fram or Wix would have done the same, nor did you measure the thickness of the shell and compare it to others.

You blame quality control, yet you don't know that filter was any thinner than any other filter. How many reports have there been about "pebbles hitting bike filters and breaking them"? Is this a common thing? I've never had that happen to me.

How hard would it have to hit to not only bend the mild steel, but to bend it to the point of failure? How much thicker is the Fram or Wix oil filter?

If we take 100 random filters, open them and compare the quality and thickness of the metal, would Bosch actually be thinner?

I actually have a BS in management science. I've done quality control systems for some of the largest companies. Suggesting that because you had one problem with one filter, that some how those filter's are "paper thin" without any analysis of the actual filter is just crazy. I don't know what you hit or what hit you, but concluding that Bosch make paper thin filters just doesn't have any sound logic.

It's amazing how much bias people have. Logic just goes out the window.

BTW, you don't have to buy any Bosch filters, I'm sure you feel much safer, but your logic that concludes Bosch has paper thin filters doesn't hold water.
I think you miss the point. You can work with averages all you want and you'd be right to say the average filter across Bosch, Fram, Wix, or whatever company should stand up to road use and it is not common for an oil filter to be punctured unless there was a significant impact. I would agree with you and I expected the same when I had the Bosch filter on my bike. In fact, other than that failure, I have not had any issues with about 3 previous Bosch filters or any other oil filter.

But I don't have to do any randomized sample testing to determine thickness of my Bosch filter vs. any others. My test was seeing oil leaking out of my Bosch filter in a gas station 400 miles from home. It doesn't matter what the average is when it's plain and simple the Bosch filter I had on my bike was punctured. Did it happen to you? No. Should it have happened if it was an average filter? No, but it did and you can call it an anomaly, but clearly quality was lacking and it was enough to turn me away from their products because we could have had a major engine failure if it wasn't caught early.

Don't try to throw around your college degree to make a point. You might get one upped by someone who has a BS and Masters of Engineering in Operations Research and Industrial Engineering. I know very well from a statistics standpoint that my experience was outside the norm. Something that we should not expect to have happened, did happen, and the procedures to control quality in the process failed. So yes, I do feel better not having a paper thin Bosch filter on my bike.

2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
2001 Honda Blackbird
2007 Honda 919



49/50 visited on two wheels. 1 more to go!
Sckill is offline  
post #13 of 22 Old 08-11-2017, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 2,140
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sckill View Post
I think you miss the point. You can work with averages all you want and you'd be right to say the average filter across Bosch, Fram, Wix, or whatever company should stand up to road use and it is not common for an oil filter to be punctured unless there was a significant impact. I would agree with you and I expected the same when I had the Bosch filter on my bike. In fact, other than that failure, I have not had any issues with about 3 previous Bosch filters or any other oil filter.

But I don't have to do any randomized sample testing to determine thickness of my Bosch filter vs. any others. My test was seeing oil leaking out of my Bosch filter in a gas station 400 miles from home. It doesn't matter what the average is when it's plain and simple the Bosch filter I had on my bike was punctured. Did it happen to you? No. Should it have happened if it was an average filter? No, but it did and you can call it an anomaly, but clearly quality was lacking and it was enough to turn me away from their products because we could have had a major engine failure if it wasn't caught early.

Don't try to throw around your college degree to make a point. You might get one upped by someone who has a BS and Masters of Engineering in Operations Research and Industrial Engineering. I know very well from a statistics standpoint that my experience was outside the norm. Something that we should not expect to have happened, did happen, and the procedures to control quality in the process failed. So yes, I do feel better not having a paper thin Bosch filter on my bike.
You don't know that any other filter would have done the same or not. That's the point. You actually don't know that the filter in question was actually thinner than any other filter. You don't know the energy at the point of impact.

All you have is the conclusion that a pebble broke a Bosch filter. If you have a higher degree, you should be able to see this. It's basic logic. You assumed the filter was "paper thin", but didn't actually compare it to others.

You can't "one up" logic. You can have every degree know to man, that doesn't make what you say true. If you do have that level of degree, you should understand that you don't actually know what the thickness is and that you didn't do a compare of that filter to any other.

I'm not sure what the energy level is of a pebble at 60 MPH, but what if it were a sharp metal object? Did you get the pebble? Did it have sharp edges? You just assume the shell is paper thin and much weaker than others. No science or logic in this at all, just bias. Maybe bring back some research about all the motorcycle that have failed because of "paper thin filters"...

Here's a start...

https://www.google.com/search?q=pape...hrome&ie=UTF-8

If the same "pebble at 60 MPH" cracked your turn signal or mirror, would you feel the same? There's just no science here at all.

KarlJay is offline  
post #14 of 22 Old 08-11-2017, 05:16 PM
919 Rider
 
Islandboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Flinders island
Posts: 2,199
Rep Power: 1
 
My two cents worth.
I only use OEM or Hiflo oil filters on my 919. I've read they're best. Good filter medium and correct by pass valve.
I don't need a nut on my filter as I only hand tighten and a bit.
I'm a cheap bastard but when it comes to filters and fluids only the best and what Honda recommends.

Islandboy is offline  
post #15 of 22 Old 08-11-2017, 05:33 PM
Milites Gregarius
 
TheScientist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 124
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandboy View Post
My two cents worth.
I only use OEM or Hiflo oil filters on my 919. I've read they're best. Good filter medium and correct by pass valve.
I don't need a nut on my filter as I only hand tighten and a bit.
I'm a cheap bastard but when it comes to filters and fluids only the best and what Honda recommends.


I hand tighten as well but it's so simple to remove with the nut rather than a filter wrench.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2003 Honda CB900 919 Hornet - Current
1999 Suzuki Bandit S1200 - sold
1986 Honda Magna V65 - sold
TheScientist is offline  
post #16 of 22 Old 08-11-2017, 05:45 PM
Tirone?
 
Sckill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 1,250
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlJay View Post
You don't know that any other filter would have done the same or not. That's the point. You actually don't know that the filter in question was actually thinner than any other filter. You don't know the energy at the point of impact.

All you have is the conclusion that a pebble broke a Bosch filter. If you have a higher degree, you should be able to see this. It's basic logic. You assumed the filter was "paper thin", but didn't actually compare it to others.

You can't "one up" logic. You can have every degree know to man, that doesn't make what you say true. If you do have that level of degree, you should understand that you don't actually know what the thickness is and that you didn't do a compare of that filter to any other.

I'm not sure what the energy level is of a pebble at 60 MPH, but what if it were a sharp metal object? Did you get the pebble? Did it have sharp edges? You just assume the shell is paper thin and much weaker than others. No science or logic in this at all, just bias. Maybe bring back some research about all the motorcycle that have failed because of "paper thin filters"...

Here's a start...

https://www.google.com/search?q=pape...hrome&ie=UTF-8

If the same "pebble at 60 MPH" cracked your turn signal or mirror, would you feel the same? There's just no science here at all.
It doesn't sound like you have any data to back up a claim one way or another on how Bosch filters compare in quality and durability vs. other brands. Yet your point is that we can't draw any conclusions about Bosch filters unless we have all of the data. Unfortunately you're not going to get that data, and basic logic tells us in absence of that, you go by what you have which are real world experiences.

I'm not going to reconstruct every detail of that morning because you have no information to confirm or deny it. The bike was working fine starting up, we went through the gravel lot, and then immediately afterwards in the gas station next door we saw oil dripping onto the floor from the filter. So logic tells me the filter was nicked by a rock. Logic tells me that since we traveling no more than 10 mph through the lot, and that my oil filter was protected by a skid plate, any impact should have been small and not enough to puncture a normal oil filter. If you don't like the term paper thin, how about weak sidewall? Logic tells me this Bosch oil filter had a weak sidewall which indicates there was a quality control problem and to steer away from their filters.

Your point isn't invalid, but don't say logic isn't being used especially when you have no data of your own other than your own personal experiences.

2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
2001 Honda Blackbird
2007 Honda 919



49/50 visited on two wheels. 1 more to go!
Sckill is offline  
post #17 of 22 Old 08-11-2017, 06:28 PM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 2,140
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sckill View Post
It doesn't sound like you have any data to back up a claim one way or another on how Bosch filters compare in quality and durability vs. other brands. Yet your point is that we can't draw any conclusions about Bosch filters unless we have all of the data. Unfortunately you're not going to get that data, and basic logic tells us in absence of that, you go by what you have which are real world experiences.

I'm not going to reconstruct every detail of that morning because you have no information to confirm or deny it. The bike was working fine starting up, we went through the gravel lot, and then immediately afterwards in the gas station next door we saw oil dripping onto the floor from the filter. So logic tells me the filter was nicked by a rock. Logic tells me that since we traveling no more than 10 mph through the lot, and that my oil filter was protected by a skid plate, any impact should have been small and not enough to puncture a normal oil filter. If you don't like the term paper thin, how about weak sidewall? Logic tells me this Bosch oil filter had a weak sidewall which indicates there was a quality control problem and to steer away from their filters.

Your point isn't invalid, but don't say logic isn't being used especially when you have no data of your own other than your own personal experiences.
The data that I have is the lack of other claims. I've never heard of someone getting their filter punched by a rock or pebble. No lawsuits against Bosch, no actual measurements. Take a filter on a running bike, use a slingshot and shoot the filter with a rock and see what happens. Track the speed and tell me you took a pebble or rock, shot a running filter at 10 ro 50 mph and broke thru the mild steel wall. The filter is under pressure when running, the side is rounded, so max power would be perpendicular and the rock would need to have a sharp edge.

Even _IF_ all that were true... there's STILL the compare, how'd the Fram hold up? What about the Wix? How thick is the Honda? Would they be strong enough to stop the sharp edge of the pebble or rock from breaking the mild steel?

Lets say it takes 100 units of energy to break the mild steel, so if the rock had 200 units of energy, would that have been enough to break the Bosch filter and NOT break the Wix or Fram filter? What about 125 units of energy?

You claim this is logic, I could use the same logic to say that if a tree crushes a car, the car was too weak... What if that exact same tree crushed a heavy truck?

You don't know how much energy was in the pebble or if it had enough energy to break any other filter. I could have been a glass bottle or broken knife. There's no compare at all.

But I tell you what, you don't have to by any 1/2 off Bosch filters... I stocked up... I suggest others do the same, a good cheap oil change with fresh parts is a good thing.

KarlJay is offline  
post #18 of 22 Old 08-11-2017, 06:46 PM
rmb
Let's go!
 
rmb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sussex Couty NJ
Posts: 7,650
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlJay View Post
The data that I have is the lack of other claims. I've never heard of someone getting their filter punched by a rock or pebble. No lawsuits against Bosch, no actual measurements. Take a filter on a running bike, use a slingshot and shoot the filter with a rock and see what happens. Track the speed and tell me you took a pebble or rock, shot a running filter at 10 ro 50 mph and broke thru the mild steel wall. The filter is under pressure when running, the side is rounded, so max power would be perpendicular and the rock would need to have a sharp edge.

Even _IF_ all that were true... there's STILL the compare, how'd the Fram hold up? What about the Wix? How thick is the Honda? Would they be strong enough to stop the sharp edge of the pebble or rock from breaking the mild steel?

Lets say it takes 100 units of energy to break the mild steel, so if the rock had 200 units of energy, would that have been enough to break the Bosch filter and NOT break the Wix or Fram filter? What about 125 units of energy?

You claim this is logic, I could use the same logic to say that if a tree crushes a car, the car was too weak... What if that exact same tree crushed a heavy truck?

You don't know how much energy was in the pebble or if it had enough energy to break any other filter. I could have been a glass bottle or broken knife. There's no compare at all.

But I tell you what, you don't have to by any 1/2 off Bosch filters... I stocked up... I suggest others do the same, a good cheap oil change with fresh parts is a good thing.
You're trying to defend your purchase, whatever, good luck with 'em.... I trust Sckill's logic and will never buy a Bosch filter either way, for any vehicle I own... I trust Honda's engineers to make sure my OEM filter is up to spec... For the price difference there is no reason, in my book, to buy aftermarket oil filters.

rmb is offline  
post #19 of 22 Old 08-11-2017, 08:08 PM
Tirone Choolaces
 
marylandmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 11,123
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

WalMart SuperTech FTW!
TheScientist likes this.

marylandmike is offline  
post #20 of 22 Old 08-11-2017, 08:34 PM
Milites Gregarius
 
TheScientist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 124
Rep Power: 1
 
Who knows how truthful they are but I've ready countless times on many forums of people using cheap filters (e.g. SuperTech) for the entire life of the bike and getting high miles. Some people say they change every 3000 some every 9000 and still say they get great results overall. Everyone will have a strong opinion on all fluids and filtration. State your thoughts and move on. You guys know by now no one is going to convince anyone that something is better.

I still think it's good to know that something punctured a Bosch filter. Might never happen again but the fact is something DID happen to it.

Now I'm unsubbing from this one and taking that extra time to dunk my tires in diesel because it makes them softer for better traction.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2003 Honda CB900 919 Hornet - Current
1999 Suzuki Bandit S1200 - sold
1986 Honda Magna V65 - sold
TheScientist is offline  
post #21 of 22 Old 08-11-2017, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Pilus Posterior
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 2,140
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScientist View Post
Who knows how truthful they are but I've ready countless times on many forums of people using cheap filters (e.g. SuperTech) for the entire life of the bike and getting high miles. Some people say they change every 3000 some every 9000 and still say they get great results overall. Everyone will have a strong opinion on all fluids and filtration. State your thoughts and move on. You guys know by now no one is going to convince anyone that something is better.

I still think it's good to know that something punctured a Bosch filter. Might never happen again but the fact is something DID happen to it.

Now I'm unsubbing from this one and taking that extra time to dunk my tires in diesel because it makes them softer for better traction.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Which brand of diesel?

KarlJay is offline  
post #22 of 22 Old 08-12-2017, 07:20 AM
Milites Gregarius
 
TheScientist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 124
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlJay View Post
Which brand of diesel?
Biodiesel of course! Time to go hug some more trees.

2003 Honda CB900 919 Hornet - Current
1999 Suzuki Bandit S1200 - sold
1986 Honda Magna V65 - sold
TheScientist is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome