Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

'02 919 Spark Plugs and Wires.

Tags
1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  philth 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I just bought my '02 919 and am doing a bunch of routine maintenance stuff in order to familiarize myself with the bike, and to have some piece of mind knowing what's IN my bike. [previous owner did not keep a record either] I just purchased some NGK Iridium spark plugs (CR8EHIX-9), but now I'm having a problem locating a model number for the NGK Race Wires that I'd like to put in. I've searched high and low, but can't for the life of me find an actual # of which ones to use! Could someone who knows what Race Wire # I'll need help me out? any help is much appreciated!

#2 ·
I've not heard of anyone having to replace the spark plug wires yet, many people here have many thousands of miles on their 919's, I wouldn't worry about the wires. As for iridium plugs, if I remember right from what I've read here, I think the standard plugs will last longer.

#3 ·
The reason I'd like to replace the wires is because they don't look too healthy. the guy said he had mice and other rodents in his garage (in the bush).. and it shows, most of the wiring didn't look too good when I got it, and I'm slowly getting around to replacing the majority of it. I got a good deal on the iridiums, and I'd like to change out the wiring while I'm 'there', you know? so I'd like to make sure I'm getting the right ends and length of the NGK racing wires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.