Wind screen reviews - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 10 Old 09-27-2011, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
Why not?

Wind screen reviews

I have been thinking about this thread for some time now but have been to lazy to start the post.
i have seen lots of questions about the different windscreen options that can be installed on the 919.
i am going to post some pictures of my windscreen and give it a review.
i have an Italian Racing windscreen that i love
the aesthetics are the best i have seen (in my opinion).
The screen is somewhat adjustable as to which angle the screen can be placed in, this will change the position of wind placement.
when the screen is closest to the instrument panel the wind feels like the bike is stock.
when i have the screen angle as high as i can get it, the wind is channeled up to my helmet, i do not get wind up under the chin but i do have a little around my visor. this is when i am sitting in the upright position and i am 6,1. if i crouch down a little bit or hug the tank i feel no wind.

if i were to rate the windscreen out of 10
looks- 10
displacing wind away from me- 5

so the screen is not the most effective but it looks a hell of a lot better then some of the big gaudy screens.

I was thinking that it would be cool if those of you with windscreens could review them. that way members that are looking to buy one can get some good insight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010001.jpg (202.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg P1010002.jpg (375.3 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg P1010003.jpg (327.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg P1010004.jpg (336.9 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg P1010005.jpg (215.6 KB, 14 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 09-27-2011, 06:47 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

That is a good looking screen! Here's an older thread with some opinions:

https://www.wristtwisters.com/forums/...lds-22732.html

post #3 of 10 Old 09-27-2011, 07:09 PM
Heavy Metal

Awards Showcase
Donation Extraordinary Ride Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 5

I agree, that is the best looking screen out there.

post #4 of 10 Old 09-27-2011, 07:11 PM
Chief 10 Beers

I have been playing with a Givi 240. It is similar to yours but a little smaller in all respects (Yours is better looking). I think I prefer it on the bike but I have noticed it exaggerates the "stink problem" because it increases the low pressure area behind me. It puts the air right at the base of my helmet and I get a little buffeting but I feel less fatigued when riding at freeway speeds for long periods. For now it is not on my bike. I have 900rr pipes coming and after the low exhaust conversion I will put it back on.

There are bold motorcyclists and old motorcyclists, but (OK) there are few old bold motorcyclists
post #5 of 10 Old 09-27-2011, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb View Post
That is a good looking screen! Here's an older thread with some opinions:

https://www.wristtwisters.com/forums/...lds-22732.html
I apologize to everyone, i did not mean to start a new thread on an existing topic. (i promise i used the search tool)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgrady View Post
I have been playing with a Givi 240. It is similar to yours but a little smaller in all respects (Yours is better looking). I think I prefer it on the bike but I have noticed it exaggerates the "stink problem" because it increases the low pressure area behind me. It puts the air right at the base of my helmet and I get a little buffeting but I feel less fatigued when riding at freeway speeds for long periods. For now it is not on my bike. I have 900rr pipes coming and after the low exhaust conversion I will put it back on.
i do not know if it is my riding position or if my olfactory nerve has stopped working but i have noticed no difference in smell after riding with it on.

post #6 of 10 Old 09-28-2011, 03:44 AM
Tirone

So where did you get it and how much did it cost?

post #7 of 10 Old 09-28-2011, 04:37 AM
Former 919er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redneck View Post
I apologize to everyone, i did not mean to start a new thread on an existing topic. (i promise i used the search tool)...
The site has been up since 2006. We are almost always posting about the 919. Therefore, it is likely that every topic has been covered at least once. If no one posted because the topic was previously discussed, we would never have new posts and discussions. Remember too, that there are a lot of newer members that may not have seen a particular topic discussed. Keep them coming!

Great looking screen!

post #8 of 10 Old 09-28-2011, 05:12 AM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottawa919 View Post
The site has been up since 2006. We are almost always posting about the 919. Therefore, it is likely that every topic has been covered at least once. If no one posted because the topic was previously discussed, we would never have new posts and discussions. Remember too, that there are a lot of newer members that may not have seen a particular topic discussed. Keep them coming!

Great looking screen!
+1 on the screen and the post.

post #9 of 10 Old 09-28-2011, 10:26 AM
Hastatus Prior

I have an extremely similar Givi windscreen on my bike and really like it. Matches the bike well, and after riding my 599 with no shield at all then riding the 919 with this it is awesome. It puts most of the wind to the top of my shoulders and helmet, which makes my 40 mile commute 100x better.

Also great to tuck in behind in the rain.

"A motorcycle is not just a two-wheeled car; the difference between driving a car and climbing onto a motorcycle is the difference between watching TV and actually living your life."
-2005 CBR 600 F4i
-2001 RC51 ** SOLD
-2002 VFR 800**SOLD
-2002 919 **SOLD
-2006 599 ** WRECKED
post #10 of 10 Old 09-28-2011, 10:51 AM
Tirone

I have 2. The bike came with a Honda fly screen. Doesnt do much and rattles. I bought a National Cycle Plexistar 2 for highway use. It keeps the wind off me and the passenger, but for the rider, it creates alot of noise. I find that if I duck down about 2 or 3 inches, it is really quiet. I am 6' so I guess that someone shorter would have no problems at all. It also mounts or comes off in just a few minutes. I prefer riding without either around town or in the canyons around here.
Ratings.
Fly screen. 1 or a 2 for blocking wind if you lay on the tank.
Plexistar 2. I give it a 9 for blocking wind.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode