Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Who has used a Chatterbox system?

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  TLR_Nate 
#1 ·
Looking to get the wireless headsets for when I go out riding with my gf. She is starting to finally ride her bike on the street and I need some way to tell her to stop looking in the mirror at herself so she doesn't crash into the back of a truck. :D

Seriously though, whats your guys experiences with them. I know there are a few models out there, and have heard about some problems, but was told it was due to not charging the batteries. We will be pretty much always within sight of each other so range is not going to be a factor, just sound quality and clarity.

#5 ·
Motohead said:
Looking to get the wireless headsets for when I go out riding with my gf. She is starting to finally ride her bike on the street and I need some way to tell her to stop looking in the mirror at herself so she doesn't crash into the back of a truck. :D

Seriously though, whats your guys experiences with them. I know there are a few models out there, and have heard about some problems, but was told it was due to not charging the batteries. We will be pretty much always within sight of each other so range is not going to be a factor, just sound quality and clarity.

well if you're gonna be within sight of each other could always use the tried & true... 2 cans & a string.:)

i do have Collett that i use for snowmobiling. they work pretty good as for hearing & talking, just takes a little bit of fine tuning to adjust to not pick up engine noise. also, it helps when you go to speak that you drag out the first syllable, b/c it's voice activated. the only real downfall is the mouth piece has to be basically rubbing against your lips for when you speak. mine are also 4-5yrs. old...

G
#9 ·
I have the Chatter Box! HJC-FRS Multi-Sport+ system. I bought a set when I bought a bike for the wife. Seems a little bulky when looking at it but you don't notice it with the helmet on. Works really slick. It seemed kind of spendy but ended up being worth the money - it got rid of all the hand signals...

#11 ·
CMulford said:
One thing to keep in mind though is that it needs to be used wisely while rocking and rolling through some twisties or else it could provide just enough distraction and/or confusion in the person on the other end that they miss a corner............

didn't miss the corner... just widened it:D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.