Where to buy flash2pass - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 12 Old 05-14-2015, 06:52 AM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

Where to buy flash2pass

Anyone know a place that has flash2pass in stock? It has been hard to find online.

I moved out of my parents house which has the flash2pass but my dad still uses it with his trike.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 05-14-2015, 09:30 AM
I'm going riding.

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

F2ptechnologies.com? It appears that they have them.

30,000 mile 919 survivor. No plans of stopping the abuse any time soon.
post #3 of 12 Old 05-14-2015, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

Last time I called they were on backorder

post #4 of 12 Old 05-14-2015, 06:18 PM
I'm going riding.

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

Well I am absolutely no help at all then. Dang!

30,000 mile 919 survivor. No plans of stopping the abuse any time soon.
post #5 of 12 Old 05-15-2015, 07:22 PM
Aquilifer

I bought one some time ago and it seemed like it would be great and worth the money if it worked. Mine had issues from day one. Any time the power would trip (due to storms or brownouts or whatever) then it would have to be disconnected from the wiring, button pushed, and then reconnected. It wasn't so bad until I was locked out of the apartment, the garage door opener was in my truck, my truck keys in the apartment... You can see where this is leading, lol. Thankfully I had left my patio door open, not thankfully the Holly bushes were in their prime. I got over the walk of a thousand needles, at least now I know noone other than me would be stupid enough to go though them ever again.

Anyways after the first time I started carrying my truck keys on me so to be able to access the garage door opener and then after about the fifth time of fighting it I just finally gave up and ripped it off the wall in a fit of rage. I think I still see pieces of it laying around the garage from time to time. The headlight module was still installed on the Hornet when I sold it. I told the current owner about it but he probably forgot on his ride home. It's seemed like a perfect solution but it just wasn't reliable. If you are still thinking it over FWIW I got mine from Amazon. I've been thinking about going full retard and making one that is either arduino or Raspberry Pi based but I just recently got a second garage next to my current one so I've been looking at just getting one of the learning remotes and attach it somehow conveniently on the bike. I have a gate to work with as well so I was thinking of getting a Liftmaster 3 button remote that is programmable for all three. They are only around 15 bucks on Amazon and if the first one works then I'll have one for each bike and the truck.

Rob C

88 Blue Hawk (NT650) Project Pics - http://tinyurl.com/clw8h3q
2000 DL650 - Being ridden but make me an offer if interested...
2002 DL1000 V-Strom
post #6 of 12 Old 05-15-2015, 09:51 PM
notsowisecracker

wired to a replacement remote in the headlight bucket.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1010023-1.jpg (54.0 KB, 26 views)

post #7 of 12 Old 05-15-2015, 10:29 PM
RIDE RED

I carry a remote in my right chest pocket of my jacket it's the only thing in that pocket I also have a remote in the JEEP the Focus ST and the wife's Subaru Impreza 2.5i lots of remotes but real simple

post #8 of 12 Old 05-18-2015, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

Found a seller for just the receiver.

I've used mine for years not 1 problem. I love em.

Installed it today worked great. With my current garage opener I needed the additional power supply. Not enough amps in the genie control circuit.

Works great like the one at my parents house

post #9 of 12 Old 05-21-2015, 01:27 PM
I WANNA RIDE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPYDER View Post
I carry a remote in my right chest pocket of my jacket it's the only thing in that pocket
Same here.
I have a small remote, 2 in. x 1.25 in. x .5 in thick, that fits perfectly in the inside chest pocket of my jacket and I can't even tell it's there.

Four wheels move the body ... two wheels move the soul.
post #10 of 12 Old 05-21-2015, 03:16 PM
Aquilifer

I thought about those small remotes but with gloves on it's always a pain to get out of a pocket and when I usually only have the bike key in the ignition. If I just had a house with a garage it would be easy but since the apartment thing makes me use their gate opener it makes things complicated. I'm trying to find a remote that does rolling codes and stuff that will mimic the gate opener, and then after that I know the garage door opener can be programmed easily.

Rob C

88 Blue Hawk (NT650) Project Pics - http://tinyurl.com/clw8h3q
2000 DL650 - Being ridden but make me an offer if interested...
2002 DL1000 V-Strom
post #11 of 12 Old 05-21-2015, 03:57 PM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

the remote button under the starter is cool, and pockets work...

When I lived at home we bought this system because the craftsman opener was so old and we did not have remotes or know where to get some that old.

So we bought the flash2pass and it worked great. Now that I've used it for so long...I HAD to get one for my house. I love em. so easy

post #12 of 12 Old 05-21-2015, 06:16 PM
Old, Bold rider

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran Community Leadership 
Total Awards: 3

When moving into a rental house while waiting for my new house to be ready I did not get a remote for the garage door opener, and found that since the replacements were made of a gold / platinum alloy (and cost accordingly) I looked for an alternative. Went to Home Depot and found this: Defiant Universal Garage Door Key Chain Remote with Visor Clip-MK-1TH - The Home Depot It is a transmitter about the size of a typical car remote (with rolling code no less) and a receiver that splices into the inside opener button wires. After opening up the transmitter to solder two wires to bypass the integral button and wiring it to a sealed pushbutton already on the left switch housing, installing and programming, it worked like a charm. And since it was only $19.99 I really had little to lose.

Worth looking into.

Rob

If it has already been done, it is safe to assume it is possible to do it.
On the other hand, if it has not been done never assume it is impossible to do it.
------- Rob --------

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode