Vizi-tec - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 23 Old 02-21-2009, 07:42 AM Thread Starter
So, you're a human...

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

Vizi-tec

Just ordered this. Figured it might be worth it. Kinda expensive when you can get a cut&splice for half the price, but this way I won't have to cut anything, and can put it back to factory lickety split. Don't know why I'm sharing, just felt like today was the day to tell the world I just spend 70 bucks on a little box that makes my brake lights blink.

http://www.vizi-tec.com/HONDA/PRODUCT_HONDA.htm

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 Old 02-21-2009, 09:20 AM
Chuck Norris has lost in battle with this Member

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

its good to be seen... i like it.. and if it keeps one person from smackin you in the butt ... 70 bucks aint much money...

post #3 of 23 Old 02-21-2009, 10:02 AM
Hippie Tinkerer

Awards Showcase
Donation 

I have one, works GREAT!!!! It really made a difference when cars are coming up on me at stop lights, I just flick the brake lever and the brake light flashes making people pay attention. It takes some practice to get used to, but it does work just like the directions say.....so read 'em

Pics: https://www.wristtwisters.com/album.php?albumid=176

Build List in Spoiler
Spoiler:

SOLD SOLD SOLD

When Sold:
2004 Honda 919 Silver and Black w/red accents
599 Headlight
Koso Gauges DB-02r
GiPro gear indicator
Buell M2 shield - plasti dip black
Givi Crash bars
Dynojet PCIII, Custom Akrapovic map
Akrapovic GSXR 750 Exhaust, Shorty Carbon fiber Low mount
Custom weld job on OEM header, to enable use of center stand and GSXR exhaust
VFR front fender, re-shaped and CF wrapped
Seargent seat w/ gel insert
Custom LED Rear lights w/ Vizi-tech flasher
Competition Works Fender Eliminator, modified
Front 3-way LED Turn Signals flushmount via cbr1000r
6-Spoke wheel conversion ( 900rr-rear / F3-front ) Powdercoated white, Plasti-dipped black
Michelin Pilot Road 3 - New @ 19940 8/10/11 190/55r17 rear
Dyna Beads for tire balancing
17t / 44t Sprockets, 520 conversion from LDH
New All-balls bearings thru-out 6/2012
Piaa horns 400 & 500 hertz
Ohlins rear shock from an F3, Re-Valved/Sprung- By Pro Pilot Suspension
F4i Forks, custom sprung/sealed/valved, Plasti-dipped Black
ASV shorty clutch and front brake levers - Black W/Red Adj.
Tech-Spec custom tank Pads
Napoleon bar end mirrors
SW-Motech center stand
Custom Handle Bars with Grip Heaters and OEM hidden switch, Hi/Lo heat
FuzeBlocks FZ-1 Power Distribution
Shorai Battery
F2P garage door opener wired to brake switch
Hydraulic rear brake switch
RC51 front brakes SP1, with 10 button rotors
Buell Ulysses Dropped Foot Peg conversion
Powdercoated: 22+ parts
etc, etc,

post #4 of 23 Old 03-18-2009, 10:29 AM
I'm going riding.

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

any update on how you liked this thing? i haven't seen one before...

30,000 mile 919 survivor. No plans of stopping the abuse any time soon.
post #5 of 23 Old 03-18-2009, 10:45 AM
The 919 project continues

Awards Showcase
Donation Veteran 

I've had one for a few months now and absolutely love it. It works exactly as described, and takes less than 10 seconds to install.
I was prompted to get it after being in heavy traffic at night on the freeway and notiicing the blinking of a bikers brake light ahead of me standing out among the sea of red brake lights.
I've been in a hit and run accident and it's not fun. I want to be as visible as possible. I highly recommend this product.

post #6 of 23 Old 03-18-2009, 11:30 AM
Cornicen

Awards Showcase
Donation 

I have one as well. Real easy to connect, and works as promised. You completely forget you have it. You didn't waste $70. you saved yourself from being rear ended.

There's your plan and then there's God's plan.........
Your's doesn't matter.
post #7 of 23 Old 03-18-2009, 02:50 PM
Boilermaker in B-town

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Recommended!!
I've had one for ~9months. Works great.
Anything that helps your visibility is a plus

"First You Fly, Then You Die!"--Los Lobos
post #8 of 23 Old 03-18-2009, 04:21 PM
I'm going riding.

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

do you guys know if they work with integrated tail lights/blinkers?

post #9 of 23 Old 03-18-2009, 04:56 PM Thread Starter
So, you're a human...

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

I don't see why not, but I can't say for sure if it will. I did get mine installed, takes just a few min. to install, very small unit easy to tuck away. I can't say enough about their customer service! Bernard helped me the whole way - had a little paypal problem with my address, took care of that no problem, then the shipper told him they dropped a different part number part, let me know right away and got everything squared away. Good people over there!

-Adam

post #10 of 23 Old 03-19-2009, 05:10 AM
hairball919

Mine has NOT worked yet, even a replacement!

You're right, Bernard is super cool. He answers every e-mail I send him almost immediately! When my first unit didn't work, he said he realized that he had shipped me the wrong one. Before I even sent it back he had refunded my money! I sent it back and he sent me a replacement. Well, much to my surprise (and Bernard's), the 2nd one didn't work either! I wasn't happy the first time, but now I'm pretty much pissed! He asked me if I had it hooked up wrong (but I'm not sure how the hell that could ever be done since it's only a male & female plug that goes inline with the tail light harness) but I didn't. He told me to turn the bike on and allow the unit's algorithms to do their thing by waiting 15-30 seconds before applying the brake. I did. Nothing. I tried non-LED bulbs. Still nothing. So I give up! Bernard is baffled here, and so am I. I have no explaination as to why MY particular bike won't get this thing to work! Hell, it's only a 2007 Honda 919. Not like it's some rare collector bike from the 20's. Bernard joked with me that if this 2nd unit didn't work, he would fly up here and figure out the problem! Well, I told him I'm riding down to So-Cal soon and I'll stop by and he can check it out. The best thing about all of this NOT WORKING decive is that Bernard felt so bad that he didn't charge me for the replacement. He also said that if the 2nd one doesn't work, he will personally test one on his friend's 919 to make sure it works, then ship that one. So far I just gave up. I don't need to screw with this thing forever! Hell, I've taken my tail section off so freaking many times now that I just think I'll leave the light the way it already is: NOT flashing!

If ANYONE out there has ANY idea just what the hell is going wrong here and why my unit will not flash my brake light on a 919, please let me know! The only thing I keep thinking is that I notice the white and yellow wires going in to the Vizi-Tec are in different locations on each side. I would think that where white goes in, white would come out, and so forth. But the wires coming in are different colors on the other side. Odd, but maybe it makes no difference.

Bernard asked me if I could find my wiring diagram and tell him what the color codes are but I'm not sure this will help

post #11 of 23 Old 03-19-2009, 05:38 AM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

You're gonna need a juice box to make that thing work.

post #12 of 23 Old 03-19-2009, 06:45 AM
hairball919

Funny. Apparently you read all my whining about how my Juice Box didn't work too well when used alongside the Power Commander. Well, I took it out and sold it. Now, especially after DynoJet mapped my bike in RealTime online, my bike runs better than it did since they day I bought it. Through every rpm range!

Wanna buy a Vizi-Tec?

post #13 of 23 Old 03-24-2009, 09:03 AM
hairball919

I think Bernard gave up on me...

He was so good about replying to e-mails the same day I sent them, often within minutes. But since my last e-mail to him when I sent him the wiring diagram for a 919 and told him my replacement flasher still wasn't working, I haven't heard a word from him.

Oh well, I haven't lost any money thankfully. But won't Bernard be shocked when he gets my non-working replacement in the mail. Hey, I have no use for something that won't work on my bike.

But I went to Seattle on Sunday to map a dude's 2007 919 and he has the Vizi-Tec on his bike and it works! So WFT is up with mine? Is my bike haunted?

post #14 of 23 Old 03-24-2009, 09:15 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairball919 View Post
So WFT is up with mine? Is my bike haunted?

it has a short between the seat and the handlebars...

post #15 of 23 Old 03-24-2009, 09:28 AM
hairball919

Hey, lookie me, I change MY avatar as often as YOU do Brian!

Shouldn't you be at work?

post #16 of 23 Old 03-24-2009, 09:31 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
Hey, lookie me, I change MY avatar as often as YOU do Brian!

Shouldn't you be at work?

days off... tues and weds...

ahhhhhh... sitting here in the warm south florida air... suns shining, birds singing, rotten little month old rottweiler biting the pi$$ out of my foot....

post #17 of 23 Old 03-28-2009, 06:47 AM Thread Starter
So, you're a human...

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:
The only thing I keep thinking is that I notice the white and yellow wires going in to the Vizi-Tec are in different locations on each side. I would think that where white goes in, white would come out, and so forth. But the wires coming in are different colors on the other side. Odd, but maybe it makes no difference.
Mine had different colors too, and in fact were opposite from the colors on the one in the "how to install" pdf. I don't know what's happened to yours... Real bad luck I guess. Mine is awesome, works like a charm... And people DO look at you, especially when the sun starts to go down a little. I'm sorry you had bad luck with it, at least they made good on it and gave you your money back, but on the other hand, you don't have the thing you wanted in the first place. I can imagine how frustrating this would be when you see them all over the place and yours doesn't work. Ack. Good Luck.

-Adam

post #18 of 23 Old 03-29-2009, 06:22 AM
hairball919

Thanks, Adam.

Yep, it sucks that mine won't work. Can't figure it out. Bernard gave up on me. He used to e-mail me a few times a day with suggestions or theories, but after I told him that even the second one didn't flash, and that I was no closer to having my brake light flash now than I was before I ordered his product, he totally stopped e-mailing me at all. So it sits on a shelf with all the other worthless crap I bought for my bike that doesn't work or is too cheezy to actually be used.

I won't give up hope though. I know there are several other sources for these flasher units. Besides, when something is made in some guy's kitchen rather than an actual manufacturing facility I start to wonder about it.

post #19 of 23 Old 03-29-2009, 08:21 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

shawn... mail that damn thing to me and i will see if its you or it...

call me for the address..

post #20 of 23 Old 03-30-2009, 08:38 AM
hairball919

I'll do that. Bernard seems to have given up on me. My best friend who has an 06 is always too busy. I can't figure out why it won't flash. I'll call you today but I gotta go get my new tires rebalanced (DAMN Discount Tire slacked on this set of tires and wheels!). 60mph is my top speed in the car now. THAT is more irritating than a flasher that doesn't flash.

Later, dude. And thanks for the offer. What a concept!

post #21 of 23 Old 03-31-2009, 01:33 AM
I'm going riding.

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

your just having the whole bag of nuts thrown at you at once, aren't you! it's too bad you guys can't figure that thing out, it seems to get good reviews with other people's luck. sorry

post #22 of 23 Old 03-31-2009, 05:08 AM
hairball919

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrat View Post
your just having the whole bag of nuts thrown at you at once, aren't you! it's too bad you guys can't figure that thing out, it seems to get good reviews with other people's luck. sorry
(hey look, isn't that Barton664!?!?)

Yup! But hey, I do have LED's that actually work! So for now, I just tap my foot on my brake lever a few times if I see a reason up ahead that I'm gonna be slowing or stopping suddenly, especially out on the back roads.

I'm just used to seeing things have the same color of wire coming out as the one going in. These wire colors are all mixed up. I even thought about trying to change them and see what happens. I would, of course, test it with a test light before hooking to my brake light.

post #23 of 23 Old 03-31-2009, 08:44 AM

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 

Quote:
(hey look, isn't that Barton664!?!?)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode