Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Those who installed Renthal handlebars

3K views 34 replies 16 participants last post by  redline919 
#1 ·
Did you cut the ends off to reduce width? If so, by how much? I installed the ultra low & I like the feel but I don't like the width at all. Its too much of an arc for my arms.

Even if you didn't cut, how far in did you install the grips & controls to make it identical to stock width? I am not going to cut mine so that will be route I will be taking.

#13 ·
I didn't cut mine (road mediums) and have the switchgear in maybe an inch... I used the leftover bar space to mount my bar end mirrors since my bar end weights don't fit in the renthals and really aren't necessary with them either

Reactions: arshishb
#14 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, that helps. Looks like I will move the grips/controls 3/4 inch inwards & see how it feels.

EDIT: I would like to second Badmoon's opinion on the vibrations. I was amazed at how well the Renthal is damped without any bar end! I thought the stock bar with the weights was pretty good considering I am coming from a Gixxer which was quite "lively". But the ULs blow everything out of the water.

#15 ·
I'm sure the ul's are a little different than the mediums but watch how far you go in...I drilled mine in a little to far and now my clutch lever is at a bit of an angle to the bar... Woops!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.