tank sliders - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 9 Old 10-26-2010, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Why not?

tank sliders

Not too long ago we had a thread going on the production of some tank sliders. I was interested in seeing what they would look like and as to their functionality. Whether they would be only for aesthetics or if they were actually track worthy. I had some interest in a pair because I have a small dent in my tank that “magically appeared without the bike falling over” said by the previous owner. So my interest was in a slider that covered dents. As time went on I decided to make my own. I wanted to know what you all thought. They are not perfect yet but I wanted to give a preview.
Should they be longer, wider, different shape? Let me know.
I don’t have the pictures right now but will have them up in about an hour or two when I get home.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-26-2010, 05:13 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

I hate a tease, where're the pics...

post #3 of 9 Old 10-26-2010, 05:18 PM
The Cripple

what ^^^^ he said..... damn tease....

post #4 of 9 Old 10-26-2010, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb View Post
I hate a tease, where're the pics...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster View Post
what ^^^^ he said..... damn tease....
i am sorry, i had no intention to tease anyone. i was away from the house and had a few minutes to burn before an appointment so i was burning it on here. if you can be patient for "one to two hours" you will see some pictures.

post #5 of 9 Old 10-26-2010, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Why not?

here are the pictures that i took, thank you for being patient.
they are not a finished product yet as you can see from the pictures. i havent decided it i am going to do a high gloss black epoxy coating yet or a clear coat.
any how what do you all think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dent.jpg (153.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg angel 2.jpg (198.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg angel 1.jpg (205.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg P7200696 (2).jpg (181.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg P7200697 (2).jpg (202.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg P7200698 (2).jpg (191.0 KB, 8 views)

post #6 of 9 Old 10-26-2010, 07:01 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

That looks like a good start. It would definitely cover quarter-sized dents.

I would make the front portion all the way to towards the front of the tank, as to follow the curves and ease off the edge. Also, I'd make the portion that touches the HONDA words a bit higher up on the tank (maybe even cover the Honda part of the logo?) and even it out by going lower on the bottom also. I guess a horizontal water-drop shape with the front end meeting together at the front of the tanks line would be the best to describe it. It would need more materials, but it'd cover more of the impact zone and also allow people with bigger dents to keep their tanks.

It's rough and probably can be shaped a lot better, but something like this:

post #7 of 9 Old 10-26-2010, 07:17 PM
Pilus Posterior

Cool.

It does not need to go that far back. The ones I was going to mock up but have not would have a third cut off the back - basically a nice tear-drop shape to protect the front pointy bit on the tank.

post #8 of 9 Old 10-26-2010, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewebay1 View Post
That looks like a good start. It would definitely cover quarter-sized dents.

I would make the front portion all the way to towards the front of the tank, as to follow the curves and ease off the edge. Also, I'd make the portion that touches the HONDA words a bit higher up on the tank (maybe even cover the Honda part of the logo?) and even it out by going lower on the bottom also. I guess a horizontal water-drop shape with the front end meeting together at the front of the tanks line would be the best to describe it. It would need more materials, but it'd cover more of the impact zone and also allow people with bigger dents to keep their tanks.

It's rough and probably can be shaped a lot better, but something like this:
the original covered most of the "Honda" but i didnt like how it looked so i cut it down to keep my logo, i was think the same thing in regards to the length of it, i think i will make it longer in the front (material is not an issue).
thank you for the feed back .
the width is 3 inches and was enough to cover my dent. i had thought about others dents too but thought i would make one for me first.
what are the sizes of your dents that you might have?

post #9 of 9 Old 10-26-2010, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
Cool.

It does not need to go that far back. The ones I was going to mock up but have not would have a third cut off the back - basically a nice tear-drop shape to protect the front pointy bit on the tank.
i know that the slider doesnt need to go back that far and has no function for going back that far. i played with a few different lengths and though that rear portion looked best being that long(i know the front needs to extend farther). i will have to try different lengths on back and see how you all like them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode