Renthal Bars.... I'M GETTIN' UPSET - Wrist Twisters
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 Old 08-20-2010, 11:57 AM Thread Starter
Carp Killer
 
Wallybanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 285
Rep Power: 1
 
Renthal Bars.... I'M GETTIN' UPSET

[rant]

So there is ONE importer of Renthal bars into Canada... MOTOVAN and they are sold out of the bars I want. Apparently they won't be back in stock until the end of Sept

They are available ALL over the internet for prices from anywhere between $60 and $80. If they were in stock here in Canada I could get them for probably $80 after tax.

Every single American company that I can find with these bars wants to bend me over and penetrate me on the shipping charges. $40 shipping for $60 handle bars..... can you believe that??? It's free shipping in the US but $40 to Canada.... It's bad enough that 40% of all companies in the US won't even ship to Canada and then those that will charge astronomical shipping rates. Then there are the companies that will only ship to Canada with UPS. So we pay retarded shipping costs with UPS and then get screwed by UPS on the "brokerage fees". $40 shipping turns into $80 shipping so fast the money leaving your wallet will give you friction burn.

Would it really be so difficult to just charge actual shipping rates and ship with USPS?? I don't even mind a handling charge to cover packing materials etc but COME ON!

[/rant]

Sorry, had to get that out of my system. Anyone know of a good place in the US that has reasonable prices and won't screw me on the shipping?

Wallybanger is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 15 Old 08-20-2010, 12:14 PM
Immune
 
frankly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Northeast PA
Posts: 329
Rep Power: 1
 
I'd be willing to ship them to you at cost (plus a six-pack of suds) if you bought them and had them sent to me. I'm on the East coast so it would probably be cheaper if a member on the West coast was willing to do this for ya...

frankly is offline  
post #3 of 15 Old 08-20-2010, 12:18 PM
Tribunus Laticlavius
 
voodooridr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Salinas, CA
Posts: 4,601
Rep Power: 1
 
If I lived closer I'd be willing to toss them across the border to you


Dan
voodooridr is offline  
 
post #4 of 15 Old 08-20-2010, 12:29 PM Thread Starter
Carp Killer
 
Wallybanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 285
Rep Power: 1
 
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I'm trying to find a way to do this in a cost effective manner. There is a place just across the boarder where I can have them shipped but it's a 1.5hr ride for me. On the plus side, I can turn it into a really nice 4hr loop and maybe take some buddies. The bars from Renthal are $65 and then probably about $10 shipping and $4 handling fee at the package place. After exchange I'm lookin at about $85 and then I'll have to pay 12% at the boarder. Then $20 gas if I just go there to pick em up. That's the price you pay for not waiting I guess.....

If someone on the Wet Coast passed em along for me it may be a little cheaper. I'll have to wait and see. In any case, it's still frustrating to have to do this.

Wallybanger is offline  
post #5 of 15 Old 08-20-2010, 01:07 PM
Discen
 
Blue919Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 192
Rep Power: 1
 
I ended up ordering mine from Amazon. Cheap shipping

Blue919Guy is offline  
post #6 of 15 Old 08-20-2010, 03:45 PM Thread Starter
Carp Killer
 
Wallybanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 285
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue919Guy View Post
I ended up ordering mine from Amazon. Cheap shipping
Amazon.ca???? I saw them on amazon.com but it said they were going to be shipped from Motorcycle Superstore and they want $40 for shipping.

*ETA

Amazon.com
Order Summary
Items: $64.95
Shipping & Handling: $53.56

Total Before Tax: $118.51
Estimated Tax:* $0.00
Order Total: $118.51

Wallybanger is offline  
post #7 of 15 Old 08-20-2010, 04:26 PM
McTavish
 
mcromo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,743
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallybanger View Post
[rant]

So there is ONE importer of Renthal bars into Canada... MOTOVAN and they are sold out of the bars I want. Apparently they won't be back in stock until the end of Sept

They are available ALL over the internet for prices from anywhere between $60 and $80. If they were in stock here in Canada I could get them for probably $80 after tax.

Every single American company that I can find with these bars wants to bend me over and penetrate me on the shipping charges. $40 shipping for $60 handle bars..... can you believe that??? It's free shipping in the US but $40 to Canada.... It's bad enough that 40% of all companies in the US won't even ship to Canada and then those that will charge astronomical shipping rates. Then there are the companies that will only ship to Canada with UPS. So we pay retarded shipping costs with UPS and then get screwed by UPS on the "brokerage fees". $40 shipping turns into $80 shipping so fast the money leaving your wallet will give you friction burn.

Would it really be so difficult to just charge actual shipping rates and ship with USPS?? I don't even mind a handling charge to cover packing materials etc but COME ON!

[/rant]

Sorry, had to get that out of my system. Anyone know of a good place in the US that has reasonable prices and won't screw me on the shipping?
Get a hold of Tony Blue at Blue Streak Racing near Woodstock Ontario.
Tell him Sandy from Calgary directed you to him.
Tony got me my Renthal ULs this year.
I bought two sets with an each net price delivered to me in Calgary, and my guess is that he could get you one set to you for around $ 80
He will take good care of you, price included.

mcromo44 is offline  
post #8 of 15 Old 08-20-2010, 04:31 PM
Discen
 
Blue919Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 192
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallybanger View Post
Amazon.ca???? I saw them on amazon.com but it said they were going to be shipped from Motorcycle Superstore and they want $40 for shipping.

*ETA

Amazon.com
Order Summary
Items: $64.95
Shipping & Handling: $53.56

Total Before Tax: $118.51
Estimated Tax:* $0.00
Order Total: $118.51
Wow, that is retarted... With shipping I was under $80. Yes, from Amazon.com. If Bluestreak can get them for you go for it, I have heard nothing but good things about the guys there.

Blue919Guy is offline  
post #9 of 15 Old 08-20-2010, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Carp Killer
 
Wallybanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 285
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcromo44 View Post
Get a hold of Tony Blue at Blue Streak Racing near Woodstock Ontario.
Tell him Sandy from Calgary directed you to him.
Tony got me my Renthal ULs this year.
I bought two sets with an each net price delivered to me in Calgary, and my guess is that he could get you one set to you for around $ 80
He will take good care of you, price included.
Sounds good! Thanks!

I also have a buddies girlfriend coming to town from texas and I just talked to her. If I can find a set in Houston before she leaves on Tuesday she'll bring em up for me! Had I thought of this sooner I would have ordered them direct from Renthal last week. Free shipping in the US.

Wallybanger is offline  
post #10 of 15 Old 08-20-2010, 07:51 PM
Pilus Posterior
 
AllanB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,101
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 
Try www.denniskirk.com - I got mine shipped from there to New Zealand for less than that!!!!!

AllanB is offline  
post #11 of 15 Old 08-20-2010, 08:21 PM
McTavish
 
mcromo44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary
Posts: 5,743
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallybanger View Post
Sounds good! Thanks!

I also have a buddies girlfriend coming to town from texas and I just talked to her. If I can find a set in Houston before she leaves on Tuesday she'll bring em up for me! Had I thought of this sooner I would have ordered them direct from Renthal last week. Free shipping in the US.

Sounds good, but if it falls through, try Tony.
I also now realize I got my Renthals from him last year in June.
I've bought lots of stuff from him over the past two years, and his prices and service are both excellent.

mcromo44 is offline  
post #12 of 15 Old 08-20-2010, 08:59 PM
Brain stolen again?
 
Bigdaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Goleta, California
Posts: 17,146
Rep Power: 1
 
Wally, it's because you folks up in the snowy tall tree north have been bad mouthing us, and like good old Reverend Wright said "The chickens have come home to roost"
By the way, I'm still working on that 'foil-on-the-head' shot for you.

I said I never had much use for one.
Never said I didn't know how to use it."
Mathew Quigley
Bigdaa is offline  
post #13 of 15 Old 08-20-2010, 10:19 PM
Tribuni Angusticlavii
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,704
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Donation 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallybanger View Post
There is a place just across the boarder where I can have them shipped but it's a 1.5hr ride for me. ..... After exchange I'm lookin at about $85 and then I'll have to pay 12% at the boarder. Then $20 gas if I just go there to pick em up.
Wait a second....
You're able to take a 3hr roundtrip ride to pickup new bars and you haven't done it yet?? AND you're complaining about fuel costs to go riding?

and ya know, if you installed the bars at the time of pickup you wouldn't have to pay the 12% crossing back over. (I know I know - having to drill the holes blah blah blah)

Won't the airport people give the girl a hard time about bringing crap in?

gpzTurbo is offline  
post #14 of 15 Old 08-21-2010, 10:10 AM Thread Starter
Carp Killer
 
Wallybanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 285
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
Try www.denniskirk.com - I got mine shipped from there to New Zealand for less than that!!!!!
OK, denniskirk is actually the most reasonable place I've found, thanks! $25 for shipping, $65 for the bars so it was $88US before tax and exchange which is still pretty expensive.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcromo44 View Post
Sounds good, but if it falls through, try Tony.
I also now realize I got my Renthals from him last year in June.
I've bought lots of stuff from him over the past two years, and his prices and service are both excellent.
Great call. Tony just said he can have bars in my hand next Monday for $83CDN I owe you a beer sir!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaa View Post
Wally, it's because you folks up in the snowy tall tree north have been bad mouthing us, and like good old Reverend Wright said "The chickens have come home to roost"
By the way, I'm still working on that 'foil-on-the-head' shot for you.
Not me! I love 'mericans Everything down there is big. Everything down there is CHEAP. You let your citizens have guns. You are legally aloud to defend your selves. You don't take shit from anyone. You're patriotic. What's not to like?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpzTurbo View Post
Wait a second....
You're able to take a 3hr roundtrip ride to pickup new bars and you haven't done it yet?? AND you're complaining about fuel costs to go riding?

and ya know, if you installed the bars at the time of pickup you wouldn't have to pay the 12% crossing back over. (I know I know - having to drill the holes blah blah blah)

Won't the airport people give the girl a hard time about bringing crap in?
I know, I know. I'm just short on time and money right now and want them shipped to my door for a reasonable price. Tony to the rescue.

Wallybanger is offline  
post #15 of 15 Old 08-26-2010, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Carp Killer
 
Wallybanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 285
Rep Power: 1
 
Tony is awesome. He should have the bars to me next week. Thanks for the suggestion. Had it not been for here I wouldn't know about Blue Streak Racing and I would still be fiddle-fucking around trying to find some bars

Wallybanger is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome