Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Renthal bars for 919 vibration damping

4K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Ditch 
#1 ·
I take it the general consensus is that the Renthal bars are great for damping the vibration my hands suffer from around the 4500rpm on the 919. I tried the Throttlemeister, and while I like it, it doesn't do much to cure the vibes. Even with the extra heavy bar ends.
So now I'm considering Renthal bars, for both looks and vibration damping. But I don't think the Meister will fit the Renthals. Smaller ID right? Can anyone confirm that?
Thanks

#2 ·
yes, the renthals do have a significantly smaller ID than stock and most other bars. This is the same reason they help so much with vibration as they are much thicker than a lot of other bars. Some people have drilled out the ends to add bar end mirrors or vibranators, and I don't see there being a huge obstacle to doing this with the throttlemeister... the only possible problem would be weakness in a tip over or crash, and even then, it's as thick as a stock bar would be, so it shouldn't be a huge issue.

#3 ·
Mine came with a throttlemiester and I never used it, so I sold it. After I took it off and with nothing at all in there the vibs went away by 80%. I'm starting to thing the "heavier is better" is a scam by the bar weight manufacturers. Seems to be all about matching the engine's vib frequency to me. Which is what the renthals to btw.

#5 ·
I use a throttle boss for distance riding but a crampbuster is pretty much the same thing. You can get them on Amazon and the prices range from around 3 to 15 bucks depending on the style you get. They work great for extending your hand and being able to avoid cramps from holding the throttle closed or tightly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.