OMG!! Check out this buying experience!!! - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 54 Old 03-06-2010, 06:47 PM Thread Starter
Red Rider

OMG!! Check out this buying experience!!!

Ok, I've gotta share an AWESOME experience with you all here!! I have been looking for a set of these gauges for over a year but could just never swallow the $70+ price tag PER piece!!! I found these guys on ebay and found their prices quite incredible at roughly HALF everyone else's prices so I pulled the trigger on a pair from ebay store! Shortly after I ordered I learned they had an internet store and I had to go look! I saw on their store they made these cool as shit little gauges with a built in backlight option!! So I emailed them to get an order status and told them I wish I knew of their site before I ordered off ebay, they said just send them back when you get them and we'll give you a full credit towards whatever you want! Awesome!

So I get them in the mail and am immediately blown away by the quality of the units!! PLUS they came with a HAND WRITTEN Thank You card!!!!! Thank YOU!!!

So I send the original units back and order the backlit version of them and happen to mention to them that I thought the only place I could find to mount them was gonna be an obscured view due to the crossbar on my Renthal Streetfighter handle bars but oh well! Ross immediately emailed me back and said why dont we just make a custom mount that will mount ON the crossbar!!! Wow, great idea! So I measure and email the dimensions to him and he says I should be able to make them this weekend! I heard nothing so I emailed him back on the following Thursday and his wife Linda emailed back and said "I am so sorry we forgot to notify you but we already sent them out, you should have them today"!!! Low and behold their they were right in my mailbox!!!

Now, the backlit versions are an extra $10 so I ask them to let me know how much for the special mount and backlit gauges so I can get them paid, so far several emails back and forth and STILL no mention of cost difference??? Oh and the new ones came with another HAND WRITTEN Thank you!! Class act!

As if I wasnt already giddy with my find and the attention to detail and level of customer service already, I look at their warranty policy just for the hell of it and it IS as follows!!

"Our Warranty is pretty simple.
You lose it,
You break it,
Some Jack Ass steals it,
It falls off,
It quits working,
Someone steals your whole bike,
any reason, any time you ain't happy,
let us know and we'll "make it right."
No BS, I've been doing this for a long time now,
and I will do whatever it takes to keep you happy for three full years!

Thanks, Ross

P.S. Batteries are pretty much your deal, but if you have a concern, I want to hear about it."

I dont have ANY idea what a company could do ANY better than Ross and Linda to earn and keep your business??? YOU GUYS RULE!!!!

I would be sick if I didnt do all I could to get the word out about these guys! PLEASE give them a call and let them impress you, these gaues are AWESOME and would make great gifts for your fellow bikers as well! If you need proof below are some pictures and feel free to ask me to see mine anytime!!!

Clocks4Bikes motorcycle handlebar clock, thermometers, stem nut clocks, road king lock clock
Phone:
866-856-5825 (toll free)

Some people live and learn and some just live!
My blood runs Honda Red......
2003 Honda 919
2004 Honda 599
1999 Honda XR650L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 Old 03-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Le So Cal Troll

wait ur tellin me they machined up some SICK brackets for no extra cost and where awesome in talkin with you... That is simply amazing!

i find it funny how honda had the spot for the second button in the stock dash for the clock even in 03 haha.

post #3 of 54 Old 03-06-2010, 11:27 PM
UJM
Banned

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

They look like pistons, pretty neat.

post #4 of 54 Old 03-07-2010, 01:12 AM
Imaginifer

Nice addition

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o222/woodyeee/IMAG0306.jpg
post #5 of 54 Old 03-07-2010, 04:19 AM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Cool clocks. Great to find a company with great customer service. Thanks for passing it on.

post #6 of 54 Old 03-07-2010, 05:32 AM
My friends call me Bill

Awards Showcase
Donation 

give us a dollar amount dude, what did YOU pay for them nifty deals

HELLO from Arkansas

post #7 of 54 Old 03-07-2010, 06:57 AM
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Looks good and great customer service, com'on. You just yanking our chain?

Spoiler:

post #8 of 54 Old 03-07-2010, 07:58 AM
Tirone is my middle name

Awards Showcase
Donation 

they look good Woody, awesome to find companies like that.

I Don't try to explain to people why I ride a motorcycle
"For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
For those who don't understand, no explanation is possible."

'08 Yamaha WR290R/X
'09 KLX140L (wifes bike)
post #9 of 54 Old 03-07-2010, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Red Rider

I think it's screwed up too that the 03 didn't have clock and second tripmeter! Yes I am so thrilled with this purchase, the temp is spot on accurate too! Just did a monthly rally ride today and was amazed at how much attention they got from passerbys! I'll have to go back and look at what I actually paid for them, I know I owe them at least $20 more for the $10 each backlit option but they haven't billed me or answered that question yet even though we have spoken a few times since I got them and asked????

Update!!! I just looked at my eBay page and I paid them $50 + $4.95 for shipping, that IT!!!! I don't guess he is charging me for the custom machined mounts either??

2003 Honda 919
2004 Honda 599
1999 Honda XR650L
post #10 of 54 Old 03-09-2010, 04:32 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

WOW on customer service!!!

Ok, saw this and thought "I gotta have one of those thermometers" (I have an '07 919, so no need for a clock). I went to their web page and saw that they make one that goes on the front centered mounting bolt on the tree; even better!

But I am doing my bike completely in powdercoat black or red, so the chrome finish is way off. I call them. Talk to the Mrs. I tell her what I'd like to do and she says "Why don't we set you up with the aluminum one, and I'll tell my husband not to polish it; in fact, we'll put it through the tumbler so it comes out with a matte finish" (perfect for powdercoating). She also verified my question of whether or not the thermometer was removable in order to do the powdercoating; she said it was.

Needless to say, I ordered one on the spot. She then says that I was the 2nd person today to call them with a 919; someone else on here must have seen this thread as well!

...and THEN she tells me that she's not going to charge me shipping and that it would be here Saturday - today's Tuesday. And it's after 5:30 MST. And they still answered the phone.

WOW. They ROCK!

post #11 of 54 Old 03-09-2010, 04:47 PM
The Cripple

woody, more details on your cross bar pls... i would love to mount the gauges exactly as you did for best visibility... i want to email them as well but idk how to explain the setup....

so more details of the cross bar : )

post #12 of 54 Old 03-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Le So Cal Troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00gl3it View Post
Ok, saw this and thought "I gotta have one of those thermometers" (I have an '07 919, so no need for a clock). I went to their web page and saw that they make one that goes on the front centered mounting bolt on the tree; even better!

But I am doing my bike completely in powdercoat black or red, so the chrome finish is way off. I call them. Talk to the Mrs. I tell her what I'd like to do and she says "Why don't we set you up with the aluminum one, and I'll tell my husband not to polish it; in fact, we'll put it through the tumbler so it comes out with a matte finish" (perfect for powdercoating). She also verified my question of whether or not the thermometer was removable in order to do the powdercoating; she said it was.

Needless to say, I ordered one on the spot. She then says that I was the 2nd person today to call them with a 919; someone else on here must have seen this thread as well!

...and THEN she tells me that she's not going to charge me shipping and that it would be here Saturday - today's Tuesday. And it's after 5:30 MST. And they still answered the phone.

WOW. They ROCK!
if only all businesses were ran like that... thats simply extraordinary service right there.

post #13 of 54 Old 03-09-2010, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Red Rider

My bars are Renthal Streetfighter bars and the crossbar measured 1/2 inch with calipers that is the dimension I gave Ross! Just call them and tell them what you want, they just did mine a week back so I'm sure they'll know what your talking about! I will email them and tell them to be on the lookout for your call regarding the same setup!

I was going to red powdercoat mine too until I mounted them up and I like them just the way they are! I am so glad some of you are jumping on these as well, you'll love them!!!

2003 Honda 919
2004 Honda 599
1999 Honda XR650L
post #14 of 54 Old 03-09-2010, 07:35 PM
The Cripple

hey woody.... hmmm that'll be a problem for me as i have the stock handle bars : / how do i tell them that i want what you have but for the stock bars?

post #15 of 54 Old 03-09-2010, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Red Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster View Post
hey woody.... hmmm that'll be a problem for me as i have the stock handle bars : / how do i tell them that i want what you have but for the stock bars?
Ahhh, that's simple! You just tell them you need a set in the 7/8 inch bar mount, black face and backlit! They will set perfectly between your bar clamps on the stock bars, that will be great!! Be sure and tell them where you heard about them!

2003 Honda 919
2004 Honda 599
1999 Honda XR650L
post #16 of 54 Old 03-09-2010, 09:15 PM
The Cripple

what colors are the backlighting perchance?

woody, ur right, that is simple! thank you for that!

is there a possibility of having it direct wired rather than operating off of a battery?

post #17 of 54 Old 03-09-2010, 09:38 PM
Le So Cal Troll

Quote:

is there a possibility of having it direct wired rather than operating off of a battery?
id imagine the battery lasts for a LONG time... no need to hardwire.

post #18 of 54 Old 03-10-2010, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
Red Rider

Quote:

No hardwire available but the battery will last a long time and easy replacement! The backlighting appears to be like the Timex indiglow, kind of a blue hue to it and the face colors are white and black!

2003 Honda 919
2004 Honda 599
1999 Honda XR650L
post #19 of 54 Old 03-10-2010, 04:41 AM
not cro-magnon

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Vey cool instruments. Is the big screen on the left a plasma or LCD? HD?

"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room." - President Merkin Muffley
post #20 of 54 Old 03-10-2010, 04:55 AM Thread Starter
Red Rider

Plasma HD with a satelite feed!!

2003 Honda 919
2004 Honda 599
1999 Honda XR650L
post #21 of 54 Old 04-02-2010, 03:56 AM
just ride it...

the thermometer I get, but doesn't your bike has a clock? seems a little redundant doesn't it? Not trying to be a jerk, looks good, and thanks for sharing it info. Just saying...

post #22 of 54 Old 04-02-2010, 04:00 AM Thread Starter
Red Rider

No the 2003 does not have a clock, I think they added one on the 2004!

2003 Honda 919
2004 Honda 599
1999 Honda XR650L
post #23 of 54 Old 04-02-2010, 04:13 AM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase

My 07 has a clock, but I rarely use it because of the lack of a fuel gage. I keep it on the trip odo. Would be nice to have another one handy.

post #24 of 54 Old 04-02-2010, 06:29 AM
Gets censored

NEAT!

post #25 of 54 Old 04-03-2010, 08:14 AM
just ride it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody469 View Post
No the 2003 does not have a clock, I think they added one on the 2004!
Oh, well my mistake. thanks for the heads up, makes perfect sense then... I've only ridden a '04 and my '07 so, please accept my apologies...

I'm lovin' the reservoir cover, where'd did you pic that up? or did you have it made?

Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandmike View Post
My 07 has a clock, but I rarely use it because of the lack of a fuel gage. I keep it on the trip odo. Would be nice to have another one handy.
mine it on the clock constantly, I hardly ever leave it on the trip odo. I have a fuel light, I generally check the mileage before I head out. Any when the light pops on, get gas... but that's just me...

post #26 of 54 Old 04-03-2010, 08:33 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Very cool indeed.

Which meter do you need if you want to see if your battery is taking a charge, amp or volt meter? Volt, right?

Do thay do one of those?

post #27 of 54 Old 03-01-2011, 07:50 AM
Shawn

Question Question about thermometer face colors

I just purchased a sweet bike thermometer like yours off ebay for $32. I chose black because it matches my gauges. But now a friend is trying to convince me that BLACK will give false readings in direct sun because black attracts and absorbs heat. I say he's on crack!

Anyone know of any higher than normal readings on black faced thermometers over white faced?

Please, let me know. The seller said no problem at all with returning it and getting white, but I want to see what others say before I rush to conclusions and send it back.

Thanks much!

Oh, this is the one I got...

post #28 of 54 Old 03-01-2011, 12:14 PM
Burn-em Upus Asphaltus

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Black will attract the sun. I don't think it matters the color, generally temperature is taken in the shade any ways. If you try to take it in the sun the needle will go right off the scale.

Spoiler:

post #29 of 54 Old 03-01-2011, 11:25 PM
Shawn

Thanks. That's what my friend was trying to say. He reminded me how hot a car interior gets when it's black, which I agreed on. But I didn't think it would matter in a thermometer. Yet I have never seen a black outdoor (or even indoor) home thermometer, so it's starting to make sense.

post #30 of 54 Old 03-02-2011, 10:20 AM
The Cripple

you being in the northwest... being in the sun does not happen to begin with so keep the black, you're not missing anything lol.

post #31 of 54 Old 03-02-2011, 10:47 AM
LDH
Test Rider

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Referral Award 
Total Awards: 2

I'm not entirely sure I get the point of either mod LOL Why do you care about the outside temp? I mean it is what it is and you cannot do anything about it... Do you not go riding it the temp is above or below a certain min/max?

As for the time well I have a watch and a cell phone thank you

post #32 of 54 Old 03-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase

I wonder if these come with a handlebar mount?

post #33 of 54 Old 03-02-2011, 02:16 PM
The Cripple

while i may understand your comments lord, for someone such as myself who commutes on this bike in all weather/times of day this is a brilliant setup. looking forward to getting this same set up myself as i see both being very handy. the temp for me is to keep an eye out for ice when it hovers or dips below freezing when its wet out. perfect for those continuous changes in elevations we have here in the northwest.

post #34 of 54 Old 03-02-2011, 02:43 PM
LDH
Test Rider

Awards Showcase

So just knowing that it is really cold out isn't enough to be on the lookout for ice? LOL

What is the difference between knowing it is cold enough to potentially freeze versus knowing the actual ambient temperature? You could easily be well above freezing point on your temperature gauge, but not knowing the windchill factor everything could be iced up already especially bridges etc. I fail to see how knowing the actual ambient temp truly helps you for situational awareness. I mean you would think that just knowing it was cold out would be enough to make the lightbulb go off in your head to the idea that there could be ice on the roads, but maybe things have changed since I became a fair weather only street rider...

You should get a compass, regional charts, transponder & file a flight plan before every ride bro. We wouldn't want you getting lost without those aids

post #35 of 54 Old 03-02-2011, 04:41 PM
Princeps Prior

....Got all excited at first....

thought they were something useful like a boost gauge & air/fuel monitor.....

Nope --- just more weight.....

post #36 of 54 Old 03-02-2011, 04:43 PM
LDH
Test Rider

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic954 View Post
....Got all excited at first....

thought they were something useful like a boost gauge & air/fuel monitor.....

Now that I would dig

post #37 of 54 Old 03-02-2011, 05:16 PM
notsowisecracker

Quote:
the temp for me is to keep an eye out for ice when it hovers or dips below freezing when its wet out. perfect for those continuous changes in elevations we have here in the northwest.
I completly get what your saying Pv.
Must be a regional thing.

Personally, I want nothing to do with riding on ice. I check the current temp online for my city, and for the town I work in before heading to work in the morning. Due to elevation changes, anything in the 35 degree range on either end and I'll take the truck.

Different people want different things out of their riding experience, and bikes.
I have a GPS mounted, and electronic cruise control, 'cause I wanted them for when my "all purpose bike" is performing touring duty.

post #38 of 54 Old 03-03-2011, 08:15 AM
The Cripple

35? wow you're lucky.... if its around 40 here in portland i gotta be weary of potential ice in 3 different places during my 15 minute commute to campus lol.

post #39 of 54 Old 03-03-2011, 03:42 PM
The chill Moderator

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Those gauges look great and what AWESOME customer service!!!
Why do you need a temp gauge on the track? Maybe to understand the tracks surface a little better right? I think it is very important to have a temp gauge on your bike. As stated you want to know the wind chill and the air temp. We have these odd days in Colorado where there is not a single cloud in the sky so the sun is shining as brightly as can be yet you step outside and it is hovering around 30 all day long. Just looking out the window is not enough in Colorado. Plus with every 1,000ft in elevation gain you drop 5 degrees (give or take). Spring and Fall riding can be a pain in the ass, hands, feet, back, and whatever else, you just don’t know just how cold it is unless you have a temp gauge handy.
And who really looks at their watch (which for me is under my jacket sleeve under my gauntlet glove) or God forbid their cell phone (which is in my breast pocket) while riding? It is certainly nice on my '07 to take a quick glance down and see what time it is. That clock has saved my ass on missing out on an all out brawl with the wife because of not making it home on time for some important thing that she set up and claims to tell me about, but we all know she didn't Saying “OH look at that it’s 1330 and I am two hours away from home need to turn around now so I can make it home by 1600 and still be able to get gas on the way home without being late,” is much better then pulling over to buy gas then pulling out your cell phone and seeing that it is now 1430 and you are three hours away from home and you need to be there by 1600. God bless the man who has to make that phone call home.

Never Trade the Thrills of Living for the Security of Existence.
post #40 of 54 Old 03-03-2011, 03:58 PM
LDH
Test Rider

Awards Showcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07919Dave View Post
That clock has saved my ass on missing out on an all out brawl with the wife because of not making it home on time for some important thing that she set up and claims to tell me about, but we all know she didn't Saying OH look at that its 1330 and I am two hours away from home need to turn around now so I can make it home by 1600 and still be able to get gas on the way home without being late, is much better then pulling over to buy gas then pulling out your cell phone and seeing that it is now 1430 and you are three hours away from home and you need to be there by 1600. God bless the man who has to make that phone call home.

I had a girlfriend once that acted like your wife.

It was a very brief relationship...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode