So, after owning the Hornet for all of 5 months, it's spent about 3 and a half of those off the road in a fair few pieces strewn across the garage. After many hours spent a-Googling and a-Youtubing i've managed the following:
- Destickered all the warning labels off
- Painted/powdercoated the Headlight enclosures, gauge backing, headlight brackets, Fork bottoms and uppers, brake calipers, side fairing panels, peg hangers, axle bolt cover panels (?), grab handle, exhaust headers, can, mid-pipe and gas cap. Blue paint everywhere else.
- Added G&J Stainless Brake Lines (Thanks to Rob T for shipping them overseas!)
- Added Renthal Ultra Low Bars and Bar End mirrors. New levers.
- Changed the LED bulbs under the gauges to a brighter bulb, had to piss about with a new flasher relay when I wasn't happy the bulbs were blinking on turbo, all back to normal now!
- LED Indicators at front, Integrated Unit in the rear
- Flapper Mod
- Slapped on a Belly Pan, and Buell-esque Fly screen
- Received a donated Seat Cowl from 2-BKing (I asked him for his bank details, and he sent it anyway with a note saying he wanted nothing in return, not even shipping costs - unreal! I know shipping to NZ is extremely expensive which is why it's tough getting parts down here. He again insisted to not taking any payment for it, so instead i'll be sending a care package of NZ goodies that he won't be able to get over there in the hopes that it will make up for it in some say. Over here that kind of gesture earns the name "good ****".
The Single high can conversion was done when I bought the bike.
Only got the Swingarm to go, which I'll do when I pick up some new tyres later in the month, and i'm all done. Yipee!
Anyway, heres the evidence. Please excuse the state of the Garage. Sometimes the Homebrew stuff starts to invade the motorcycle side of the garage depending on whoever is vying for my attention at the time.