JW Speaker 8700 EVO 2 Upgrade - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 2 Old 03-13-2019, 07:03 PM Thread Starter
Princeps Prior

JW Speaker 8700 EVO 2 Upgrade

Hello all!

Been a lurker now for some time. Life got quite busy for some time... Barely rode the 919. (got married, bought a house, new job ect.) Life is good. I decided to do some upgrades to my lighting. Which include Denali D4 fog lights and swapping out my JW Speaker 8700 Gen 1 for the 8700 EVO 2 (Gen 3 or 4 compared to the 1st gen). ALSO gen 1 has the flicker issue with stock wiring unless you use a relay setup to get power right from the battery. BUT the new 8700 evo 2 does not flicker at all. Which is nice because I was ready to use a relay set up but didnt need to do the work.

Also bought a FUZE Block. Nice unit. I really like it. Nice way to distribute power.

I took some flat bar aluminium from home depot and bent it with my vice and a mini sledge to form the bracket. drilled holes for the trim ring mounting and L brackets mounted to the fins. Used all 8-32 hardware with nylon lock nuts to secure everything. There is a spot on the rear of the light that looks like it could be threaded. I threaded that hole with an 8-32 tap as well to help secure the mount.

This set up is SOLID. Big improvement over my last setup. It does fit in the stock bucket, but you will have to make sure the wiring is in all the right places. The new 8700 evo 2 is a big upgrade over the 8700 gen 1. Add the denali lights too. It is a great setup. Ill post the pics I have below. The pictures do not do it justice, no camera does with lights. Still cold up here to get some good night time in the woods pictures, so garage only. The denali lights have the running lights / full brightness relay so those are on running lights only

I hope everyone is well, look forward to doing much more riding this year. I have a few more friends with bikes and will travel to Maine on the bikes (we did last year, some travel at night, which sparked this whole project)

20190308_062952.jpg

20190312_162719.jpg

20190312_162722.jpg

20190312_174756.jpg

20190313_171030.jpg

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 03-13-2019, 08:34 PM
Left of Centre

Welcome back!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode