Jesus Decals - Wrist Twisters
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 Old 04-01-2010, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Tesserarius
 
919Rev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Clayton, NC
Posts: 691
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Jesus Decals

Hey, a lot of you know that I am a youth pastor and that I am pretty involved with my church. Well, I have never been a bible thumper or one to push my religious views on others, and I am not about to start now. I did, however, want to mention some decals to you.

I removed some of the stock decals from my ZX9R because they looked pretty dated and some of them didn't seem to even match the bike IMHO. I was looking for some decals for my rear cowl since it looked so bare once I had removed the Ninja stickers. Well, I found these "Jesus" decals in this really cool script that I think look great. No, I am not one of those people who plaster religious bumper stickers all over my car. That kind of junk is tacky. These are really nice looking. If anyone is interested, I have already put them on my bike and could take some pictures.

Jeremy

919Rev is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 Old 04-01-2010, 03:05 PM
UJM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Saint Joseph Missouri
Posts: 1,686
Rep Power: 0
 

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

I'd like to see them.

UJM is offline  
post #3 of 16 Old 04-01-2010, 03:59 PM
Machine Head
 
ideajones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Jose
Posts: 1,168
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Pictures please
I have interest if their not the lighting bolt or fire script. Also if you are Southern Baptist you had better start Thumping !!

-Mark-
There's gold in them hills
ideajones is offline  
 
post #4 of 16 Old 04-01-2010, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Tesserarius
 
919Rev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Clayton, NC
Posts: 691
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Not the best picture. I took this in the garage with low lighting tonight.


919Rev is offline  
post #5 of 16 Old 04-01-2010, 05:42 PM
UJM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Saint Joseph Missouri
Posts: 1,686
Rep Power: 0
 

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

that is awesome!

Let's have some fun -


UJM is offline  
post #6 of 16 Old 04-01-2010, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Tesserarius
 
919Rev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Clayton, NC
Posts: 691
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

I like that with the color fade. Too bad I couldn't get them with a fade to green to match the green on the other parts of my bike.

919Rev is offline  
post #7 of 16 Old 04-01-2010, 05:50 PM
UJM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Saint Joseph Missouri
Posts: 1,686
Rep Power: 0
 

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 919Rev View Post
I like that with the color fade. Too bad I couldn't get them with a fade to green to match the green on the other parts of my bike.
Any good local sign shop can whip that right out for you, these are modern times in which we live!

UJM is offline  
post #8 of 16 Old 04-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Tirone Choolaces
 
marylandmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 11,120
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

I like it! That looks too cool Rev

marylandmike is online now  
post #9 of 16 Old 04-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Milites Gregarius
 
blackthorn64's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Southwest Michigan
Posts: 124
Rep Power: 1
 
that does look pretty cool!

blackthorn64 is offline  
post #10 of 16 Old 04-01-2010, 08:19 PM
Tirone
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Around
Posts: 10
Rep Power: 1
 
Looks great! I'd use it without hesitation, in fact have you thought of offering them through your youth group as (I'm sure) a much needed fund raiser to help with the operating costs of a youth group. I know how hard it can be to meet budget and still keep things interesting for the kids. My Brother-in-Law is the youth pastor at our church which is very large and still has issues with funding. He is leaving Sunday for a Mexico Missions trip, the first for my son who is going to attend this year and I only hope (actually I know) he will touch the lives of those he meets.

If you have some Let me know as I would like to buy a few from you.

otoMrepuS is offline  
post #11 of 16 Old 04-01-2010, 08:32 PM
orange
 
sbeau1960's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 9,193
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Community Service 
Total Awards: 6

Figured Jesus would have a cool signature like that.

sbeau1960 is offline  
post #12 of 16 Old 04-02-2010, 02:28 AM
Fool in the Rain
 
HondaJim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Louisville, Kentucky
Posts: 10,284
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 4

That looks cool.

"Towards the end of the vid, it looks like she may have had a bafflectomy." - MarylandMike
HondaJim is offline  
post #13 of 16 Old 04-02-2010, 03:50 AM
just ride it...
 
cb919er's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 292
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 919Rev View Post
Hey, a lot of you know that I am a youth pastor and that I am pretty involved with my church. Well, I have never been a bible thumper or one to push my religious views on others, and I am not about to start now.
And not to start a religious discussion, but I thank you for that. To many people out there take religion serious to the point that it's annoying. Can't even thank someone for holding the door for you without them telling you how it was really Jesus that held the door because they are just a vessel. Ok, you love Jesus, that's cool. But if Jesus had held the door, I'm sure I would have noticed, and said, thank you Jesus!

sorry... end rant...

cb919er is offline  
post #14 of 16 Old 04-02-2010, 05:08 AM Thread Starter
Tesserarius
 
919Rev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Clayton, NC
Posts: 691
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by otoMrepuS View Post
Looks great! I'd use it without hesitation, in fact have you thought of offering them through your youth group as (I'm sure) a much needed fund raiser to help with the operating costs of a youth group. I know how hard it can be to meet budget and still keep things interesting for the kids. My Brother-in-Law is the youth pastor at our church which is very large and still has issues with funding. He is leaving Sunday for a Mexico Missions trip, the first for my son who is going to attend this year and I only hope (actually I know) he will touch the lives of those he meets.

If you have some Let me know as I would like to buy a few from you.

Using them for a fundraiser isn't a bad idea if I can get them at enough of a discount to actually make a decent profit. Unfortunately, I don't have any of them that I could sell you right now, but I could give you the name of the place where I got them if you want to pick a few up.

I hope your son has a great experience on his missions trip. Those can be very eye opening. Our church has been doing missions in Haiti for several years, so we already had some doors open to get supplies in after the Earthquake. We have received some good reports on their progress over the last few weeks.

919Rev is offline  
post #15 of 16 Old 04-02-2010, 08:19 AM
Tirone
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Around
Posts: 10
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 919Rev View Post
Using them for a fundraiser isn't a bad idea if I can get them at enough of a discount to actually make a decent profit. Unfortunately, I don't have any of them that I could sell you right now, but I could give you the name of the place where I got them if you want to pick a few up.

I hope your son has a great experience on his missions trip. Those can be very eye opening. Our church has been doing missions in Haiti for several years, so we already had some doors open to get supplies in after the Earthquake. We have received some good reports on their progress over the last few weeks.
Contact info would be great and or maybe the file used to make it so I could just have our resident vinyl guy cut them for us. Just about very Church has someone that is in the sign business and could really put that resource to use.

My Son is really looking forward to going, he's been preparing for 8 months now. My B'in-law feels he is called to live in Guadalajara where they are going and my son wants to spend summers with him. He's a good kid and my wife and I are so very proud of him.

otoMrepuS is offline  
post #16 of 16 Old 04-03-2010, 02:33 PM Thread Starter
Tesserarius
 
919Rev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Clayton, NC
Posts: 691
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

It wasn't my design....just a stock decal at this site

919Rev is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome