Is it me or is shipping taking forever - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 32 Old 01-17-2013, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

Is it me or is shipping taking forever

Maybe its just me but it seems like shipping is taking way longer than it used to. I've been ordering from BikeBandit and Motorcyclesuperstore for quite some time now and since around November it seems they take forever to ship something out. For example I ordered a pair of bar end mirrors from bikebandit on Dec 28th and they didn't ship out until Jan 10th!!! Ther weren't backordered or anything they just didn't ship. Another example is I ordered a bunch of little "do-dads" from MSS on Dec 27th and it didn't ship until Jan 9th!

Oddly I was going to complain about me ordering a pair of Icon super duty 3 boots from MSS but I just got an email (right now) they have been shipped ordered on the 12th. Maybe they're watching me....

Anyway have you guys ordered from either of these two stores lately? What was your experience like? Where else do you order your MC junk from?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 Old 01-17-2013, 06:05 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

MCSS either ships out of Oregon for us here in the West but some things come out of Kentucky, I take it they have a bigger warehouse over there. Usually they're very fast, as in out to the truck the next day or two but I haven't ordered anything since Sept of 2012.

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '96 Race-retired GSXR 750 (Sold)
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

"Security is mostly a superstition, it does not exist in nature: avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright being exposed. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."-Helen Keller
post #3 of 32 Old 01-17-2013, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

I believe most of the stuff I get comes from Kentucky, and they used to ship like you said next day maybe 2 but now it's taking 5-7 days to ship and I feel like that's crazy.

post #4 of 32 Old 01-17-2013, 06:23 PM
Tom
Immune

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Extraordinary Ride Donation 
Total Awards: 3

i get very irritated about shipping delays...I don't see how it would hurt if, after a moderate wait, customer service was contacted with a courteous "what's the deal?" inquiry.

I have been buying a lot of stuff recently, and have noticed typical slowness (similar to the waits you have mentioned) with items I assume to have been drop-shipped...no slowness with items shipped direct.

And in keeping with internet protocol to veer off the center of a question or topic, I would like to add I have never been dissatisfied dealing with Revzilla: they ship fast, communicate very professionally, and their customer service falls all over itself making things right if there is an ordering or product issue.

post #5 of 32 Old 01-17-2013, 06:36 PM
Pierre-Marc

^+1 on Revzilla have never had a problem ordering from them
but I ordered a wiring kit from Gerbings in Nov. they said it
would ship by mid to late Dec. still haven't seen it. I order my
Honda OEM parts from Babbitts in MI. they beat BikeBandit's
price on most things. received my order in one week.

post #6 of 32 Old 01-17-2013, 06:43 PM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

+2 for Revzilla, I've ordered a bunch of stuff from them and almost always get it in one or two days.

post #7 of 32 Old 01-18-2013, 12:08 PM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

And another damn example. I ordered a new battery on the 13th and paid for express shipping hoping it would be here today so i could ride in to the IMS and they haven't even shipped yet!!! Now I have to drive/train it in instead. Bastards!

post #8 of 32 Old 01-18-2013, 01:11 PM
Left of Centre

Just by the by, why do you have a pic of this guy as your avatar?

Chopper Read - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

post #9 of 32 Old 01-18-2013, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

Because he's a badass. I was an E-pen pal with him for a while. Him along with a few others like Sam Childers.

post #10 of 32 Old 01-18-2013, 03:45 PM
Left of Centre

Really?!? Far out. He IS a bad-ass...

post #11 of 32 Old 01-18-2013, 09:27 PM
Tirone

At least 2 days longer here

post #12 of 32 Old 01-18-2013, 09:29 PM
Why's everything on fire?

Garage
It's just you. I've been getting stuff earlier than expected from some vendors of late - I just got a cat fountain (as in, to dispense water to cats) from Amazon a day earlier than expected and a bunch of firearms accessories three days early from another seller.

1986 Honda Nighthawk 700S
2002 Honda 919
post #13 of 32 Old 01-18-2013, 11:04 PM
The Cripple

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB700S View Post
a bunch of firearms accessories three days early from another seller.
OOOO firearms accessories! Do tell!

post #14 of 32 Old 01-18-2013, 11:40 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster View Post
OOOO firearms accessories! Do tell!
Sorry, dude. I'm using them in an 'off-label' application, so in your world they couldn't possibly ever work. I mean, you can't use an Aimpoint CompM4s with a magnifier scavenged from a tank, because that would create glare or something. Aimpoint and everyone else making sights says you have to use their authorized magnifiers and such. Therefore it can't possibly work evar.

Psst: Google "LaRue Po Boy Special" - not supposed to work, shouldn't work, does work anyway.

2002 Honda 919
post #15 of 32 Old 01-19-2013, 01:22 AM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

Quote:
It's just you. I've been getting stuff earlier than expected from some vendors of late - I just got a cat fountain (as in, to dispense water to cats) from Amazon a day earlier than expected and a bunch of firearms accessories three days early from another seller.
Well then they're getting me good. Maybe if I ordered a cat fountain they would forgive me

post #16 of 32 Old 01-19-2013, 01:56 AM

Garage
Well, the cat fountain was on sale. Was $120+ when I first saw them, Amazon had them at $45. They may have wanted to get rid of them.

If you think ordering a cat fountain might do you some good here is the one I got. :P

Amazon.com: Drinkwell 360 Pet Fountain, Stainless Steel: Pet Supplies

2002 Honda 919
post #17 of 32 Old 01-19-2013, 07:02 PM
The Cripple

Very interesting cb700s. Does it just recirculate the water or? Might have to snag this as a gift for my mother-in-law however silly I think this is lol.

post #18 of 32 Old 01-19-2013, 08:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Very interesting cb700s. Does it just recirculate the water or? Might have to snag this as a gift for my mother-in-law however silly I think this is lol.
It recirculates and filters the water through a charcoal filter, so it stays fresher longer, tastes better, etc. The flowing water noise attracts animals too, so they drink more. It also holds a gallon of water so if you have to go away for a couple of days, the cat will be provided for (combined with an auto-feeder).

Unfortunately, some 'experts' say you should only ever use a static bowl of water for a cat, so I guess you won't be getting one. Too bad.

2002 Honda 919
post #19 of 32 Old 01-19-2013, 08:18 PM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 

Quote:
She's gonna hurt her neck trying to drink out of it.

post #20 of 32 Old 01-19-2013, 08:21 PM
The Cripple

Quote:
Unfortunately, some 'experts' say you should only ever use a static bowl of water for a cat, so I guess you won't be getting one. Too bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandmike View Post
She's gonna hurt her neck trying to drink out of it.
That's kind of the point on both accounts....

post #21 of 32 Old 01-21-2013, 01:04 AM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

Fountains, mother in laws.... WHERES MY FREAKING BATTERY!!!! still hasn't shipped yet. Placed order on the 13th

post #22 of 32 Old 01-21-2013, 01:56 AM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

No tracking numero?

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

"Security is mostly a superstition, it does not exist in nature: avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright being exposed. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."-Helen Keller
post #23 of 32 Old 01-21-2013, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

No tracking, it hasn't even left their warehouse yet. I sent them a nasty email a few days ago with no reply. Today they send me a "It Shipped" notice which is bullshit. They just printed a shipping label to generate a tracking number and who knows when it'll actually leave the shop. This sucks! It's been warm the past few days now it's supposed to snow tomorrow for 3 days. Bastards!

post #24 of 32 Old 01-21-2013, 12:46 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

You ought to complain about the processing time. If it was free shipping then no problem but you paid for express. Processing shouldn't be more than 24 business hours with expedited shipping.

I would give them a call when you get the battery and demand your shipping money back. Shipping companies guarantee their express services, the company taking your money ought to as well.

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

post #25 of 32 Old 01-23-2013, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

I did send them a nasty Email and they replied

Quote:

Hello Sean,
Thank you for writing in to BikeBandit.com. We regret to hear that you were not satisfied with your recent order. We value your business and hope that you continue to choose BikeBandit.com for your power sports needs. As stated on our web site, our processing time for an order usually takes only up to 1-2 business days. As a courtesy for the inconvenience, we have entered a refund for the ground shipping costs to be refunded to your original form of payment. Please allow up to 5-7 business days for the refund to reflect on your next bank or credit card statement. As always, please let us know of any other way in which we may further assist you.
At least they did that. Still I don't know if I'm going to order from them at least for a while.

post #26 of 32 Old 01-23-2013, 11:19 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

Slight derail - I have an entire shopping cart full of stuff for my little XR100R on BikeBandit.

If they suck so bad, who else is better to go to? Anyone have a better seller?

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #27 of 32 Old 01-23-2013, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
Tesserarius

At least for me Motorcycle superstore isn't any better. I ordered from both and they both sucked ass.

post #28 of 32 Old 01-24-2013, 01:13 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by g00gl3it View Post
Slight derail - I have an entire shopping cart full of stuff for my little XR100R on BikeBandit.

If they suck so bad, who else is better to go to? Anyone have a better seller?
Got plenty of options. BikeBandit is the Moss Motors of the motorcycle world - overpriced and under-delivering.

Is this OEM parts you want for the XR or aftermarket stuff?

2002 Honda 919
post #29 of 32 Old 01-24-2013, 02:26 AM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

I've had good luck with Motosport for OEM parts.

post #30 of 32 Old 01-24-2013, 03:04 AM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 

A little of both - I need a kickstarter shaft seal, fork seals, but also actuator cables, levers, a set of bars, etc. I'll check out Motorsport, thanks!

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #31 of 32 Old 01-24-2013, 03:21 AM

Garage
Hondaparts-direct is a good one for OEM parts, so is Service Honda. Service Honda is who I used to get the baseline and discount prices in the Tanks and Tails price thread.

Once you check out the parts prices dealers like that charge, you'll never go back to WalletBandit.

Edit: For that matter, it is cheaper and faster for me to get on my Honda, ride to any of my three nearby Honda bike dealers, order parts in person, tell them to skip both my usual and my HRCA discounts, pay, ride off then come back in a couple days to get my parts than it is to order parts from BikeBandit.

Which brings me to the next point - if you join Honda Riders' Club of America (HRCA - it's free with no obligation) you get at least 5% off of parts at participating dealers (most are) and you even get a $5 off $50 or more parts coupon when you join. With the HRCA discount alone, even some of the most pricey dealers will beat BikeBandit.

2002 Honda 919
post #32 of 32 Old 01-24-2013, 05:32 AM
Tirone Choolaces

Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 

For OEM parts, I order them on my local dealer's website (10% off) and pick them up at the dealer so there is no shipping charge. Not the fastest in the world either but cheaper in the long run.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode