I need a new mod. - Wrist Twisters
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 Old 05-23-2009, 09:03 AM Thread Starter
I killed Barton664
 
Basspiece919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Home is Warrenton VA, School is JMU.
Posts: 1,653
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

I need a new mod.

I have caught the disease I swore I wouldnt... And I need a new mod, something cheap (free is best) and cool.

So far I have:
Flapper Mod
Bafflectomy
Painted grab bar and side covers and bolts
Givi A755a
No Name Renthal Ultra low knockoff bars
Integrated turn signals into brake light



I am in touch with a powdercoater who said he will do the Heat shields, grab bar, rear sets (and the part that its bolted to I dont know what thats called), side covers, radiator covers, levers, and mirrors for $150. Good deal?

Any other ideas? Remember I got to be pretty cheap... I have a money pit goldwing in the garage and rent, school and books to pay 4 to...

Spoiler:
Basspiece919 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 11 Old 05-23-2009, 09:14 AM
Tesserarius
 
Shaughnessy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: 46234
Posts: 760
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

Hmm just looking at your pic and I am thinking Samco hose for your radiator, bar end mirrors, and powdercoat. If you are really going the powdercoat way, wait until winter when you cannot ride anyway and have your entire exhaust blasted and ceramic coated. It will protect those headers from all the rust that is already forming and looks wicked. Powdercoat will not withstand the heat from the exhaust for long and starts to chip.



In 1915 T. Roosevelt said, in a speech to the KofC, "There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all. "
Shaughnessy is offline  
post #3 of 11 Old 05-24-2009, 08:29 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior
 
zookmor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Columbus, Ga.
Posts: 2,760
Rep Power: 1
 
grips($20)
turn signals($20)
mirrors
riding pegs
GP shifter(free)
remove front reflectors
wheel stripes(ebay $5)
clean headers
H4 Headlight bulb swap($10 ebay)
Pairs block off plates from "semi grey"
tank pad
stomp grip
remove stickers
blacken radiator covers
front sprocket swap

Hows that for a list of cheap mods Luke?

'04 919---40k----6/18/10 SOLD

http://s603.photobucket.com/home/ZookMor/index
zookmor is offline  
 
post #4 of 11 Old 05-24-2009, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
I killed Barton664
 
Basspiece919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Home is Warrenton VA, School is JMU.
Posts: 1,653
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookmor View Post
grips($20)
turn signals($20)
mirrors
riding pegs
GP shifter(free)
remove front reflectors
wheel stripes(ebay $5)
clean headers
H4 Headlight bulb swap($10 ebay)
Pairs block off plates from "semi grey"
tank pad
stomp grip
remove stickers
blacken radiator covers
front sprocket swap

Hows that for a list of cheap mods Luke?
Everything just got put on hold... I had to drop 174 on a new back tire... Pilot Power 2ct... Freaking retarded, it will be the 8th tire on my bike this year... But it is a great list, and one that I will come back to for sure! U da man

Spoiler:
Basspiece919 is offline  
post #5 of 11 Old 05-24-2009, 08:58 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior
 
zookmor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Columbus, Ga.
Posts: 2,760
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basspiece919 View Post
Everything just got put on hold... I had to drop 174 on a new back tire... Pilot Power 2ct... Freaking retarded, it will be the 8th tire on my bike this year... But it is a great list, and one that I will come back to for sure! U da man
Why not try the Pilot Road 2ct tire since you keep needing tires. Plus you can install yourself to save some money.

'04 919---40k----6/18/10 SOLD

http://s603.photobucket.com/home/ZookMor/index
zookmor is offline  
post #6 of 11 Old 05-24-2009, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
I killed Barton664
 
Basspiece919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Home is Warrenton VA, School is JMU.
Posts: 1,653
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookmor View Post
Why not try the Pilot Road 2ct tire since you keep needing tires. Plus you can install yourself to save some money.
Because I already ordered the Power 2ct...

Spoiler:
Basspiece919 is offline  
post #7 of 11 Old 05-24-2009, 09:03 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior
 
zookmor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Columbus, Ga.
Posts: 2,760
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basspiece919 View Post
Because I already ordered the Power 2ct...
Alright NP. Its your bike and riding style. Was merely posing a question. I went with the Road 2ct, but kind of think I would rather a stickier tire. The Road2 is a good tire, but I am curious to try a Power2. I just installed my own Power2 front tire and its amazing.

'04 919---40k----6/18/10 SOLD

http://s603.photobucket.com/home/ZookMor/index
zookmor is offline  
post #8 of 11 Old 05-24-2009, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
I killed Barton664
 
Basspiece919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Home is Warrenton VA, School is JMU.
Posts: 1,653
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookmor View Post
Alright NP. Its your bike and riding style. Was merely posing a question. I went with the Road 2ct, but kind of think I would rather a stickier tire. The Road2 is a good tire, but I am curious to try a Power2. I just installed my own Power2 front tire and its amazing.
I would love to get more miles but having total confidence that my tire is going to be planted around a turn is worth buying a new tire a few thousand miles early. I wish they made a more extreme 2 compound tire, harder in the middle with the same grip on the edges. Because I used every single inch of my tire this time but i have a TON more life on the sides because I do so much highway...

Spoiler:
Basspiece919 is offline  
post #9 of 11 Old 05-24-2009, 09:16 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior
 
zookmor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Columbus, Ga.
Posts: 2,760
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basspiece919 View Post
I would love to get more miles but having total confidence that my tire is going to be planted around a turn is worth buying a new tire a few thousand miles early. I wish they made a more extreme 2 compound tire, harder in the middle with the same grip on the edges. Because I used every single inch of my tire this time but i have a TON more life on the sides because I do so much highway...
Pirelli just came out with a new Sport Touring tire called an angel. You might want to check it out. Supposed to be a nice tire, but I only have read the magazine article on it so far. I just finished off a Pirelli Rosso front, and it was a good tire.

'04 919---40k----6/18/10 SOLD

http://s603.photobucket.com/home/ZookMor/index
zookmor is offline  
post #10 of 11 Old 05-24-2009, 09:22 PM Thread Starter
I killed Barton664
 
Basspiece919's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Home is Warrenton VA, School is JMU.
Posts: 1,653
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by zookmor View Post
Pirelli just came out with a new Sport Touring tire called an angel. You might want to check it out. Supposed to be a nice tire, but I only have read the magazine article on it so far. I just finished off a Pirelli Rosso front, and it was a good tire.
I had a pirelli diablo on the front and it was great until just recently, its totally bald now, almost all the way around and it has a funky shape to it.

Spoiler:
Basspiece919 is offline  
post #11 of 11 Old 05-24-2009, 09:33 PM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior
 
zookmor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Columbus, Ga.
Posts: 2,760
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basspiece919 View Post
I had a pirelli diablo on the front and it was great until just recently, its totally bald now, almost all the way around and it has a funky shape to it.
I have heard mix reviews on the original diablos, but I can say for a fact that the Rosso's were nice. "Sike" uses them as well, but I saw the Angel the other day, and it grabbed my curiosity a bit, it is supposed to be Pirellis answer to the Road 2. and Replace their Strada.(strada wasn't a bad rear tire)

'04 919---40k----6/18/10 SOLD

http://s603.photobucket.com/home/ZookMor/index
zookmor is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome