Discen

Hyperpro shock

https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/141941531502

Anyone have thoughts ??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-04-2016, 03:52 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

Don't know about hyperpro but I liked the Hagon for what it was (another UK based alt). Although if you really wanted the good stuff I'd save for a Penske or Ohlins, the $500 alternatives are better than stock sure but if you're dropping cash on it you might as well do it right the first time instead of...I wonder how much better is the next level. (Because it's totally worth the double in price)

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '96 Race-retired GSXR 750 (Sold)
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

"Security is mostly a superstition, it does not exist in nature: avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright being exposed. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."-Helen Keller
post #3 of 7 Old 04-04-2016, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
Discen

I'm actually happy with the stock suspension. I don't know motor bikes well enough to judge what's good or bad, but it seems to be okay.. This is my 3rd bike in four or five years. First was a 96 nighthawk 750. Front forks dove bad when braking but I got used to it lol. And the '13 cb500x which I just sold was great. That thing was fun, and just damn flickable!! Would have kept it but it seemed maxed out at highway speeds. I know it technically wasn't, but it made me uncomfortable. The revs were too high for my liking at 65-70. Not so with the 919. I love it so far and haven't really RODE it yet. I haven't messed with the damping and my preload is set kinda in the middle somewhere. I'd have it jacked but I'm 5' 10" with short legs, so I like how it sags when I get on so I'm able to get most of my feet on the pavement.

It's different strokes for different folks, but I could live with a 500.00 experiment. Maybe. Anymore would be pushing it. This bike is nice enough as it is. If I had a grand to throw at it, I'd probably buy all the necessary new components to change it over to that sexy green color I love so much.

post #4 of 7 Old 04-04-2016, 08:49 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

If stock is fine then go for it. If you can be content with a slight upgrade and not get greedy down the road then yea, I'd say it should be better than stock. But if you're thinking of long term use with the 919 or any track time, be happy with stock longer and just save for the big brand. If you do that, talk to ldh at Dan Kyle racing, he'll get you fixed up proper with the gold.

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

"Security is mostly a superstition, it does not exist in nature: avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright being exposed. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."-Helen Keller
post #5 of 7 Old 04-04-2016, 10:47 PM
oops hurts

Garage
Ive had two of these 919s and the first one I didnt upgrade, had it a few years got into an accident. On the second one I bought last summer, these fellers on here convinced me it was the way to go. Personally now that I see how the bike rides, I wouldnt do a 500 dollar experiment. In case the 500 is wasted. Dan Kyle at Kyle racing hooked me up and although Ill never get the money back when I sell it, now Ill never sell it. The stock shock is *not* fine, its downright dangerous depending on your weight and how you ride IMHO. And while your at it let him do a fork rebuild. You only live once.

post #6 of 7 Old 04-05-2016, 07:07 AM Thread Starter
Discen

Quote:
Originally Posted by theboom View Post
Ive had two of these 919s and the first one I didnt upgrade, had it a few years got into an accident. On the second one I bought last summer, these fellers on here convinced me it was the way to go. Personally now that I see how the bike rides, I wouldnt do a 500 dollar experiment. In case the 500 is wasted. Dan Kyle at Kyle racing hooked me up and although Ill never get the money back when I sell it, now Ill never sell it. The stock shock is *not* fine, its downright dangerous depending on your weight and how you ride IMHO. And while your at it let him do a fork rebuild. You only live once.
Damn now that is some advice I can actually hear. I didn't think of any safety issues. Hopefully I'll never experience a situation like you did, but reading the above makes perfect logical sense to me. Now I think I will have to save for it..

post #7 of 7 Old 04-05-2016, 08:38 AM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

Your moneys is not safe here
Jonstrocity likes this.

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode