HELP identifying aftermarket CBR 600 turn signals - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 11 Old 06-09-2013, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

HELP identifying aftermarket CBR 600 turn signals

I apologize if asking for help here is a little unconventional but I wasn't quite sure where else to turn. One of the rear turn signals on my 2003 CBR 600RR recently burnt out, just in time for safety inspection. The turn signals are aftermarket and the guys at my local Honda dealer said they had never seen them before. I also got in contact with the guy I bought the bike from and he didn't know either, said they were on the bike when he bought it from its first owner. So, without knowing anything about the signals, I thought I would post a few pictures of them here and hope that they would be recognized before I disassemble the bike in hopes of maybe finding a brand name or anything else helpful. If I can't identify them I will have to spent an unnecessary bit of money get a new kind of signal and the old ones will just have to sit on the bike and not do anything. Only information I got from the previous owner is they are "LED black chrome". Any input is appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image2.jpeg (395.2 KB, 51 views)
File Type: jpg image1.jpg (154.8 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg image.jpg (145.5 KB, 49 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-09-2013, 05:17 PM
The Cripple

They look like cheap pieces of shit. Just take them off and replace them with something actually worthwhile.

post #3 of 11 Old 06-09-2013, 09:21 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Yes I would love to do that but the guys at the Honda dealership make it seem like the signals were fairly unique to the fender tail kit and didn't have anything there that would fit. If that is not the case I would love to see some alternatives.

post #4 of 11 Old 06-10-2013, 09:23 AM
Imaginifer

Aside from complying with a legal requirement to have turn indicators on a bike to prevent getting a writeup from a LEO another reason for having them is to let others in traffic know what you and your bike are doing or about to do. An example of that is where you are slowing to make a left turn and an impatient cager behind you decides to pass you at the same time. Visible turn signal recognizable as such - maybe he doesn't pass. Small shiny flashing chrome thing tucked under the tail of the bike - maybe he does.

You'll never know when little things like turn signals have prevented a catastrophic event. You or your next of kin will always remember when their absence did not.

"Keep on 9-in"

post #5 of 11 Old 06-10-2013, 09:31 AM
Discen

To me they look like the front flush mount signals.

post #6 of 11 Old 06-10-2013, 09:51 AM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

Lookes mirrored/tinted. Unfortunately not too many 600rr owners here that might have an idea what undertray you have. Looks like it did come with them.

Jimmy rig flush mounts?

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '96 Race-retired GSXR 750 (Sold)
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

"Security is mostly a superstition, it does not exist in nature: avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright being exposed. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."-Helen Keller
post #7 of 11 Old 06-10-2013, 01:02 PM
The Cripple

Quote:
Originally Posted by zstamper View Post
Yes I would love to do that but the guys at the Honda dealership make it seem like the signals were fairly unique to the fender tail kit and didn't have anything there that would fit. If that is not the case I would love to see some alternatives.
You'll likely have to come up with something as it looks like a custom job as is (par for most aftermarket flushmounts anyways).

Replace them with some high quality units such as Watsens: Universal LED Signals

Or Protons: HighTechSpeed - motorcycle high technology

Or even better, get a high quality integrated unit from CUSTOMLED meant specifically for your bike: Custom LED 2003-2006 Honda CBR 600RR Integrated LED Tail Light

post #8 of 11 Old 06-10-2013, 01:20 PM
Former 919er

That wouldn't come close to passing a safety up here. My new to me 954 had flush mounts under the tail about half way up to where yours are. I removed them and installed a new plate bracket closer to the tail that has the 90 degree bends on the ends for signals. I installed some good quality LED's with the resister and they look and work great. I want cars to see my signal!

Is that plate even readible? You'd get pulled over pretty quick up here with that. Good luck with the solution. The undertail exhaust makes it a real challenge on that model.

post #9 of 11 Old 06-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Tirone

Sounds like you might want to go onto eBay and see if you can find the same tail light. Looks like it was purchased on there anyway.

post #10 of 11 Old 06-13-2013, 04:15 PM
Tirone

They look like Hotbodies LED Turn Signals.
01 06 Honda CBR 600 F4i Hotbodies LED Flush Mount Front Turn Signals Smoke | eBay

"Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly"
post #11 of 11 Old 06-14-2013, 08:16 PM
Tirone

Another recommendation depending on how those lights mount you may be able to find some flush mounts that would fit similar. Buddy had similar issue.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode