helmet bluetooth headset - Wrist Twisters
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 Old 10-29-2012, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer
 
sytheii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,199
Rep Power: 1
 
Anyone use a bluetooth headset setup in their helmets? Ive had a J&M in my arai profile for a while now, but im gonna get a new helmet, and figured id do some more resarch on headsets out now, and upgrade.

The major contenders seem to be sena and uclear, scala rider, (havent looked at J&Ms new stuff yet)

Ive been looking at the nolan N85, and the integration of their n-com system looks sweet, but reviews I've read have been hit or miss...plus the $ of the unit. Looks sweet tho.



N85 VIRAGEFlatBlackWEB.jpg

If anyone here can chime in on the subject id appreciate it.

Edit: my main uses are tunes through phone, plus the occasional auto answer mid ride.

sytheii is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 60 Old 10-29-2012, 07:55 PM
Princeps Prior
 
boogunoogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,957
Rep Power: 1
 
I have the scala rider g4's with the g9 base(g9 has better speakers). And I love them. The g9's are even better too. You may pay a lot more, but in my opinion, they are worth each penny. Works perfect with my iphone for music, navigation, and talking to the other riders. I love the g4

boogunoogun is offline  
post #3 of 60 Old 10-29-2012, 08:18 PM
rmb
Let's go!
 
rmb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Sussex Couty NJ
Posts: 7,650
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

I have the G4 on the side of my Nolan N-102, opted for the G4 due to price of the Nolan parts. And the G4 is compatible with the Schuberth SRC a buddy has.

rmb is offline  
 
post #4 of 60 Old 10-29-2012, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer
 
sytheii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,199
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by boogunoogun
I have the scala rider g4's with the g9 base(g9 has better speakers). And I love them. The g9's are even better too. You may pay a lot more, but in my opinion, they are worth each penny. Works perfect with my iphone for music, navigation, and talking to the other riders. I love the g4
That unit seems to have a lot of good things said about it...but i dont like the bulkybox on the outside, my j&m is similar in that respect. I am looking at this new sena slim unit..but it looks like it aint even out yet.

sytheii is offline  
post #5 of 60 Old 10-30-2012, 02:27 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior
 
The Shadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Posts: 2,762
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

I've been using a Scalarider Q2 since 2009 and it's worked very well for me. If I was to complain about anything, I'd say that the speakers are not the best...but they work fine for my purposes. This model was marketed just prior to the A2DP tech becoming available...

You can buy a Q2 setup for fairly cheap these days, too.

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"
The Shadow is offline  
post #6 of 60 Old 10-30-2012, 07:16 AM
Cornicen
 
motojudo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bettendorf, IA
Posts: 510
Rep Power: 1
 
http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Prod...T1008-X-S.aspx

Just saw these helmets at the local dealer. Torc. Emailed them some questions and got prompt same day replies. They have a couple with Bluetooth, speakers etc. The unit looked fairly slim, but haven't tried it myself. They do have some pretty cool paint schemes, and even some open-face with speakers.

motojudo is offline  
post #7 of 60 Old 10-30-2012, 09:26 PM
just send it.
 
crakerjac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,600
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage
I've got a pair of Sena SMH-10 units that I picked up from a group buy at a great price. They are a little bulky, but they work great.
I ride with my gf on another bike and they have saved me hours worth of arguments as pointing and arm waiving is easily misinterpreted...
I think the group buy is still going on... Just do a Google search... I don't have a link.



[This space for rent]
crakerjac is offline  
post #8 of 60 Old 10-30-2012, 09:30 PM
The Cripple
 
Pvster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 8,765
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crakerjac View Post
they have saved me hours worth of arguments as pointing and arm waiving is easily misinterpreted...
Only if you can't pay attention to body language and use your brain to figure out what things might possibly mean.

You hearing people crack me up. There's more to communicating than just "talking"

Pvster is offline  
post #9 of 60 Old 10-30-2012, 10:03 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer
 
sytheii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,199
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster

Only if you can't pay attention to body language and use your brain to figure out what things might possibly mean.

You hearing people crack me up. There's more to communicating than just "talking"
Ha!

sytheii is offline  
post #10 of 60 Old 10-30-2012, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer
 
sytheii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,199
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by motojudo
http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Prod...T1008-X-S.aspx

Just saw these helmets at the local dealer. Torc. Emailed them some questions and got prompt same day replies. They have a couple with Bluetooth, speakers etc. The unit looked fairly slim, but haven't tried it myself. They do have some pretty cool paint schemes, and even some open-face with speakers.
Im gonna call these people and see if i cant get some more info on the units themselves...that new sena unit the R version, looks like the version id like to go with, but i cant seem to find any info on when it will be available nor its cost.

http://www.senabluetooth.com/product..._menu=overview

sytheii is offline  
post #11 of 60 Old 10-31-2012, 05:07 AM
Discen
 
abadacus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 297
Rep Power: 1
 
I'm also looking to get an Nolan N85 pretty soon to replace my agv K3, If not within this week, then early next week

abadacus is offline  
post #12 of 60 Old 10-31-2012, 12:33 PM
just send it.
 
crakerjac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,600
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster View Post
Only if you can't pay attention to body language and use your brain to figure out what things might possibly mean.

You hearing people crack me up. There's more to communicating than just "talking"
It's hard to 'pay attention to body language and use your brain to figure out what things might possibly mean' when the person you are communicating with is behind you. What you don't realize is that the headsets are great because you don't NEED line of sight to get someones attention. You can hang back and shout a warning about deer or turning traffic without invading someones personal space trying to get their attention or get close enough so you can understand body language.

I'm just going to leave it at that. No need to derail this thread any farther.



[This space for rent]
crakerjac is offline  
post #13 of 60 Old 10-31-2012, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer
 
sytheii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,199
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by abadacus
I'm also looking to get an Nolan N85 pretty soon to replace my agv K3, If not within this week, then early next week
If you do get one give me a shout and tell me what you think of it. What size noggin ya got? I wear a L head size for my arai profile...still not sure how one goes about purchasing a helmet online anyway...last time o tried one om @ cycle gear then ebayed.... :P

sytheii is offline  
post #14 of 60 Old 10-31-2012, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer
 
sytheii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,199
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crakerjac

It's hard to 'pay attention to body language and use your brain to figure out what things might possibly mean' when the person you are communicating with is behind you. What you don't realize is that the headsets are great because you don't NEED line of sight to get someones attention. You can hang back and shout a warning about deer or turning traffic without invading someones personal space trying to get their attention or get close enough so you can understand body language.

I'm just going to leave it at that. No need to derail this thread any farther.
Im pretty sure this was sarcasm...executed in such a way to leave you guessing as to whether or not it truly was... But the lurker popcorn thing at the end makes me lean towards humorous rather than serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster

Only if you can't pay attention to body language and use your brain to figure out what things might possibly mean.

You hearing people crack me up. There's more to communicating than just "talking"

sytheii is offline  
post #15 of 60 Old 11-07-2012, 03:16 AM
Discen
 
abadacus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 297
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytheii View Post
If you do get one give me a shout and tell me what you think of it. What size noggin ya got? I wear a L head size for my arai profile...still not sure how one goes about purchasing a helmet online anyway...last time o tried one om @ cycle gear then ebayed.... :P
I'm a size Small, I tried on an N85 and the fit was really good! the liner is so damn comfortable and plush! (If you have an AGV or Shark shaped head then I reckon this will fit you in the same sizes ie. AGV & shark small = nolan small) I was surprised at how light the helmet was too. For the price and the set of features it has, I think it really does give the competition a good run for its money (how many similarly priced helmets have an internal sun visor, a visor lock which allows a 'cracked-open' position and a pinlock ready visor)
However, they only come in one shell size, but seeing as you are a large helmet size - this shouldn't worry you

However, I managed to convince myself to spend a little more and I ended up getting a SPEED-R made by Shark in the following colour.

Its probably the ugliest helmet I've ever seen :P



helmet SPEED-R SAUER Black Anthracite Red Speed-R Sport/route SHARK-HELMETS - FRANCE FRANCE - English

abadacus is offline  
post #16 of 60 Old 11-07-2012, 04:38 AM
CB900
 
rockdog32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Brisbane Australia
Posts: 625
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytheii
Anyone use a bluetooth headset setup in their helmets? Ive had a J&M in my arai profile for a while now, but im gonna get a new helmet, and figured id do some more resarch on headsets out now, and upgrade.

The major contenders seem to be sena and uclear, scala rider, (havent looked at J&Ms new stuff yet)

Ive been looking at the nolan N85, and the integration of their n-com system looks sweet, but reviews I've read have been hit or miss...plus the $ of the unit. Looks sweet tho.

If anyone here can chime in on the subject id appreciate it.

Edit: my main uses are tunes through phone, plus the occasional auto answer mid ride.
We just bought the new Uclear HBC200 teamset. Works great so far, no booms and works well with my hearing aids too. Music is great. My only beef is a they are a little hard with gloves on to find the 3 buttons.

I come from the land Down Under, Where the women blow and the men thunder!!
rockdog32 is offline  
post #17 of 60 Old 11-07-2012, 10:37 PM
The Cripple
 
Pvster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 8,765
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytheii View Post
Im pretty sure this was sarcasm...executed in such a way to leave you guessing as to whether or not it truly was... But the lurker popcorn thing at the end makes me lean towards humorous rather than serious
This, I was trying to use humor to raise a valid point, that people miss the fact that 80% of communication is non-verbal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakerjac View Post
It's hard to 'pay attention to body language and use your brain to figure out what things might possibly mean' when the person you are communicating with is behind you. What you don't realize is that the headsets are great because you don't NEED line of sight to get someones attention. You can hang back and shout a warning about deer or turning traffic without invading someones personal space trying to get their attention or get close enough so you can understand body language.

I'm just going to leave it at that. No need to derail this thread any farther.

Who said you had to pay attention to the body language of the person behind you? I sure didn't. That's a silly notion/argument crackerjac. You're responsible for ensuring your communication to others is clear, and they're responsible for ensuring they're paying attention.

Perhaps its my own personal experience, but many riders in the area use hands and feet to point out dangers all the time, it works very well for the people who are paying attention. Alert Deaf riders have been communicating while riding for a very long time with tremendous success.

Why would you assume that I don't realize how "great" helmet coms are? I know what the advantages are, but I also know what the disadvantages are: not everyone uses one or the same brand. If you become so reliant on a helmet com and don't understand/forget the basics, how are you going to communicate with people who don't have a helmet com or can't connect to yours? Don't ride with them?

While its great ideally that you could hang back and warn the rider in front of dangers, the reality is they should be ahead of the game than you are, and they most likely are if they're paying attention, constantly scanning for dangers, and riding accordingly. Just food for thought.

Back to regularly scheduled programming, keep up the good reviews.

Pvster is offline  
post #18 of 60 Old 11-08-2012, 01:02 AM
StormSurfer
 
Whiplash97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northwest corner
Posts: 6,039
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Motorcycle Picture Game Award 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster

This, I was trying to use humor to raise a valid point, that people miss the fact that 80% of communication is non-verbal.

Who said you had to pay attention to the body language of the person behind you? I sure didn't. That's a silly notion/argument crackerjac. You're responsible for ensuring your communication to others is clear, and they're responsible for ensuring they're paying attention.

Perhaps its my own personal experience, but many riders in the area use hands and feet to point out dangers all the time, it works very well for the people who are paying attention. Alert Deaf riders have been communicating while riding for a very long time with tremendous success.

Why would you assume that I don't realize how "great" helmet coms are? I know what the advantages are, but I also know what the disadvantages are: not everyone uses one or the same brand. If you become so reliant on a helmet com and don't understand/forget the basics, how are you going to communicate with people who don't have a helmet com or can't connect to yours? Don't ride with them?

While its great ideally that you could hang back and warn the rider in front of dangers, the reality is they should be ahead of the game than you are, and they most likely are if they're paying attention, constantly scanning for dangers, and riding accordingly. Just food for thought.

Back to regularly scheduled programming, keep up the good reviews.

:buell:
Whiplash97 is offline  
post #19 of 60 Old 11-08-2012, 01:03 AM
The Cripple
 
Pvster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 8,765
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash97 View Post
You're just a gixr (yes whip, 1 x damnit) squid, you wouldn't be able to understand anyways

Pvster is offline  
post #20 of 60 Old 11-08-2012, 01:28 AM
StormSurfer
 
Whiplash97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northwest corner
Posts: 6,039
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Motorcycle Picture Game Award 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster

You're just a gixr (yes whip, 1 x damnit) squid, you wouldn't be able to understand anyways
I'm gonna go postal!!! it 2 X's and an E damnit!!


image-880881676.jpg

Besides that grandpa headset thing wouldn't work with my Mohawk anyway

:buell:
Whiplash97 is offline  
post #21 of 60 Old 11-08-2012, 06:10 AM
just send it.
 
crakerjac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,600
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster View Post
This, I was trying to use humor to raise a valid point, that people miss the fact that 80% of communication is non-verbal.




Who said you had to pay attention to the body language of the person behind you? I sure didn't. That's a silly notion/argument crackerjac. You're responsible for ensuring your communication to others is clear, and they're responsible for ensuring they're paying attention.

Perhaps its my own personal experience, but many riders in the area use hands and feet to point out dangers all the time, it works very well for the people who are paying attention. Alert Deaf riders have been communicating while riding for a very long time with tremendous success.

Why would you assume that I don't realize how "great" helmet coms are? I know what the advantages are, but I also know what the disadvantages are: not everyone uses one or the same brand. If you become so reliant on a helmet com and don't understand/forget the basics, how are you going to communicate with people who don't have a helmet com or can't connect to yours? Don't ride with them?

While its great ideally that you could hang back and warn the rider in front of dangers, the reality is they should be ahead of the game than you are, and they most likely are if they're paying attention, constantly scanning for dangers, and riding accordingly. Just food for thought.

Back to regularly scheduled programming, keep up the good reviews.
While I agree with most of what you are saying, your posts come off as arrogant. We all realize you are 'hard of hearing', if it's something you cant/don't want to use, then don't.

Hand signals work great for immediate dangers in the road. Stuff an experienced rider who is paying attention should catch. But what about stuff that's easy to miss?

I'm not sure how bad the deer population is in Portland, but some places here, its pretty bad. I'm color blind as a bat, so when it comes to spotting a deer standing in the trees I'm about as useless as tits on a bull. Even when riding in a car, it's always nice to have the passenger keep an eye out for deer. A verbal indicator ("DEER") is much more useful, then someone pointing at the ditch.

When I'm out riding with friends (who have no Bluetooth headsets), pointing at dangers works just fine... that's because, at the end of the day, if they dump their bike because they aren't paying attention, it's their own fault. If I'm riding with my SO and she dumps her bike, or gets hurt, I hold myself responsible.

I don't think anyone NEEDS a Bluetooth headset. The extra safety factory is my way of justifying the purchase. Just as anyone else would justify spending money on headlight modulators or a Stebil horn (neither of which are a bad idea).



[This space for rent]
crakerjac is offline  
post #22 of 60 Old 11-08-2012, 06:27 AM
The Cripple
 
Pvster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 8,765
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crakerjac View Post
While I agree with most of what you are saying, your posts come off as arrogant. We all realize you are 'hard of hearing', if it's something you cant/don't want to use, then don't.
Sorry to hear that my posts come across as arrogant. Its not my intention, but at the same time I've developed high confidence due to persevering through many difficult situations/treatment. I try to just remind people that the world does not revolve around hearing (contrary to popular belief), that we have eyes to use, and most importantly, we have a brain to use (a lot of people don't as I'm sure you know lol). I also come off as arrogant because people are constantly telling me I need to be "fixed" and constantly have to prove my worth as an intelligent human being. It gets old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakerjac View Post
Hand signals work great for immediate dangers in the road. Stuff an experienced rider who is paying attention should catch. But what about stuff that's easy to miss?
I agree, its all about perspective. There is no 1 size fits all, but the basics are fundamental for everyone, that was what I was trying to get at. People have gotten too lazy now and can't even be bothered to move their head 3 inches to look over their shoulders while driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakerjac View Post
I'm not sure how bad the deer population is in Portland, but some places here, its pretty bad. I'm color blind as a bat, so when it comes to spotting a deer standing in the trees I'm about as useless as tits on a bull. Even when riding in a car, it's always nice to have the passenger keep an eye out for deer. A verbal indicator ("DEER") is much more useful, then someone pointing at the ditch.
.

Not just Portland, its the northwet lol. I see deer all the time, used to hunt them. Had a few pretty nasty encounters with them as well. Although the one someone posted of their acura hitting a deer at 70+ mph on the freeway takes the cake for me (sorry can't remember your name, was it you cracker?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakerjac View Post
When I'm out riding with friends (who have no Bluetooth headsets), pointing at dangers works just fine... that's because, at the end of the day, if they dump their bike because they aren't paying attention, it's their own fault. If I'm riding with my SO and she dumps her bike, or gets hurt, I hold myself responsible.
I totally understand and agree with you in the sense that I'd feel the same way in that situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakerjac View Post
I don't think anyone NEEDS a Bluetooth headset. The extra safety factory is my way of justifying the purchase. Just as anyone else would justify spending money on headlight modulators or a Stebil horn (neither of which are a bad idea).
Good on you for doing what you are willing to do to be safer for your own comfort, just don't let it detract from the basics and it'll become an additional tool at your disposal.

Pvster is offline  
post #23 of 60 Old 11-08-2012, 06:47 AM
just send it.
 
crakerjac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,600
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage
^^ Nicely put. Didn't mean to call you out, but it's been a long morning.

I did see that picture, it was pretty bad, but it wasn't me who posted it. I have hit more than my fair share of deer (and a bear in a ford escort), so I'm always paranoid about something running out in front of me.



[This space for rent]
crakerjac is offline  
post #24 of 60 Old 11-08-2012, 06:59 AM
The Cripple
 
Pvster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 8,765
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by crakerjac View Post
^^ Nicely put. Didn't mean to call you out, but it's been a long morning.
Thanks. I know what you mean, its been a very long quarter for me Can't wait for the first week of Dec to end

Quote:
Originally Posted by crakerjac View Post
I did see that picture, it was pretty bad, but it wasn't me who posted it. I have hit more than my fair share of deer (and a bear in a ford escort), so I'm always paranoid about something running out in front of me.
A bear Please tell me it died upon impact, otherwise that must of been 1 pissed off bear!

I've had friends tell me stories of hitting moose while in their cars, the pictures of those are graphic to say in the least

Anyways, end of derail!

Pvster is offline  
post #25 of 60 Old 11-08-2012, 09:18 AM
Tirone
 
diloret2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 96
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post
I've been using a Scalarider Q2 since 2009 and it's worked very well for me. If I was to complain about anything, I'd say that the speakers are not the best...but they work fine for my purposes. This model was marketed just prior to the A2DP tech becoming available...

You can buy a Q2 setup for fairly cheap these days, too.

I've had my Q2 for about 2 years now and have never had one issue with it. Surprised how long the battery lasts in it too. Great system for the price.

diloret2 is offline  
post #26 of 60 Old 11-08-2012, 02:58 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer
 
sytheii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,199
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash97

I'm gonna go postal!!! it 2 X's and an E damnit!!

Besides that grandpa headset thing wouldn't work with my Mohawk anyway
Lol

sytheii is offline  
post #27 of 60 Old 11-08-2012, 05:20 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer
 
sytheii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,199
Rep Power: 1
 
Well, i did some research on helmets and bt units, and i think i am going to wait for the sena smh10r.

http://www.senabluetooth.com/product..._menu=overview

I spoke with a dude at their sales department who gave me the skinny on their unit, which will be available in january. It seems like exactly the thing im looking for, since the battery portion of the unit is seperate. I asked for its dimensions and it will fit in the back of the nolan n85. According to him the one demo unit theyve got has been really awesome.

Only drawback in this setup, i forsee, and im not even sure its a bad thing, is that the control unit will be attached to the helmet using an adhesive, on top of the little cutout designed for the n-com unit. They are roughly the same size anyhoo, and it will protrude a little bit more, which actually will be a good thing, allowing for easier detection with gloves.

I think will be saving the purchase of the helmet/unit for january, cause i need to get some new tires strait away

sytheii is offline  
post #28 of 60 Old 11-08-2012, 08:08 PM
StormSurfer
 
Whiplash97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Northwest corner
Posts: 6,039
Rep Power: 1
 

Awards Showcase
Motorcycle Picture Game Award 
Total Awards: 1

Here's a headset for ya
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352430450.933137.jpg
And the seat cover to match
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1352430492.676335.jpg

:buell:
Whiplash97 is offline  
post #29 of 60 Old 11-08-2012, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer
 
sytheii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,199
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiplash97 View Post
Here's a headset for ya
Attachment 23132
And the seat cover to match
Attachment 23133
like a ...bauss?

sytheii is offline  
post #30 of 60 Old 12-19-2012, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer
 
sytheii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,199
Rep Power: 1
 
Well, after talking to abadacus, I decided to get the shark speed'r ike.


Now I am debating whether or not to try their SHARKTOOTH...or wait on the new sena unit.

sytheii is offline  
post #31 of 60 Old 12-19-2012, 07:40 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)
 
andrewebay1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,883
Rep Power: 1
 
I've got a Shark RSI and RSR2 in CF, fantastic helmets! Fits my noggin proper too

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '96 Race-retired GSXR 750 (Sold)
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

"Security is mostly a superstition, it does not exist in nature: avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright being exposed. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."-Helen Keller
andrewebay1 is offline  
post #32 of 60 Old 12-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Tirone Choolaces
 
marylandmike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 11,123
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sytheii View Post
Well, after talking to abadacus, I decided to get the shark speed'r ike.


Now I am debating whether or not to try their SHARKTOOTH...or wait on the new sena unit.
Great looking lid!

marylandmike is offline  
post #33 of 60 Old 12-19-2012, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer
 
sytheii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,199
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marylandmike View Post
Great looking lid!
ya i really liked the simple white illustrations....ive been looking into making the white somewhat reflective...but from what ive been reading i have no idea how to go about it either tape or paint i gather, but i have no clue what's the best option.

sytheii is offline  
post #34 of 60 Old 12-20-2012, 02:01 AM
Discen
 
abadacus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 297
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sytheii View Post
ya i really liked the simple white illustrations....ive been looking into making the white somewhat reflective...but from what ive been reading i have no idea how to go about it either tape or paint i gather, but i have no clue what's the best option.
good choice dude! if you do any riding g at night, let me know if you get the 'refractions' across the visor when passing reflective signs as well;
it should be easy to get some reflective decals cut out if you trace the panels on the helmet

PS. mine looks better

Just as aerodynamic airplanes are simple and streamlined, a motorcycle--which manages to balance an engine and a seat between two wheels--has a mechanical integrity, with intertwining pipes, chains and springs, that is fascinating to behold - Peter Plagens
abadacus is offline  
post #35 of 60 Old 12-20-2012, 02:47 AM
Why's everything on fire?
 
CB700S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Dallas
Posts: 2,258
Rep Power: 1
 
Garage
I have used the Cardo Scala Rider line for many years now. Currently have a Q2 Pro with Bluetooth audio link - I can listen to FM radio or the tracks (and other noise) on my iPhone, not just phone calls. They work as advertised and I find their customer service to be good.

1986 Honda Nighthawk 700S
2002 Honda 919
CB700S is offline  
post #36 of 60 Old 12-20-2012, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
Aquilifer
 
sytheii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,199
Rep Power: 1
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by abadacus View Post

good choice dude! if you do any riding g at night, let me know if you get the 'refractions' across the visor when passing reflective signs as well;
it should be easy to get some reflective decals cut out if you trace the panels on the helmet

PS. mine looks better
Will do on the optics question.

As far as a vs. ..... your helmet looks like a retarded colored shark. Mine looks like a black and a little white helmet

sytheii is offline  
post #37 of 60 Old 12-20-2012, 10:15 AM
919>food>beer
 
Jeef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: o-town, FL
Posts: 1,151
Rep Power: 1
 
I'm a g9 user and love it, when riding with peoples with other units it is fantastic especially on long trips

Jeef is offline  
post #38 of 60 Old 02-26-2013, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Aquilifer
 
sytheii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,199
Rep Power: 1
 
Doing a quick follow up on my shark speed r and shark tooth Bluetooth communicator. I love my speed r. The fit of the helmet is snug. It's not uncomfortably tight, and the tinted extra visor eliminates the need for sunglasses, which is awesome. Optical effects/distortions with the clear visor are minimal, though I do notice that if the visor is smudged or dirty, bright lights from oncoming traffic can sort of refract a bit and make seeing clearly at night troublesome. The distortion of light at the edge of the visor is noticeable, but use of more head turn than eye tracking solves this for me, and really ain't much of an issue. Also, compared to my arai profile, its lighter, and less noisy in most upright position, slightly more noisy in mid-tuck, and almost silent in full tuck.

The shark tooth unit was good/alright for me for a while.

Bluetooth use is great, after initial pair, as long as Bluetooth is enabled on phone, two pushes to headset and you're concert ready. Mic and phone calls work well at speeds up to 80. Auto volume adjustment is a little tricky, but once you find your max volume(at speed , accounting for boost) it's alright.

Only complaint about the tiny control module is its main button; shut off method is hold down button for 5 seconds, sometimes button doesn't press right, then you get stuck with false speak to call actions, but not that big of a deal.

Sound quality with tiny speakers is tinny, and very trebbley, but using equalizer with winamp app on android phone fixed the sound quality, then later with Google play music(this apps phone integration is better) update, the equalizer setting of FX booster gave me ideal sound quality, so easy fix there.

But after a couple months of using the set, one of the speakers died, or shorted or blew, I'm not sure but squeezing the speaker would cause it to crackle blah blah, so pretty chincy little speakers. I returned it to seller to process the warranty, no idea what the outcome of that will be.

sytheii is offline  
post #39 of 60 Old 02-26-2013, 01:57 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)
 
andrewebay1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 6,883
Rep Power: 1
 
Nice writeup. If the speakers are crappin out, I'd mod it with noise isolating earbuds fitted with a plug.

My classified(s):
Nothing at the moment

----------------
------------
---------
------
---
- '96 Race-retired GSXR 750 (Sold)
- '01 RC51 SP1 (Sold)
- '03 919

"Security is mostly a superstition, it does not exist in nature: avoiding danger in the long run is no safer than outright being exposed. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."-Helen Keller
andrewebay1 is offline  
post #40 of 60 Old 02-26-2013, 02:05 PM
Discen
 
mercenario27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Schenectady NY
Posts: 268
Rep Power: 1
 
Why wife just bought me the scala rider G9 PowerSet. My buddy help her pick it out. I would have never bought it for myself because of the cost. Most riders in my area use scala.

Why cant these manufacturers make headsets compatible with each other? What justifies a msrp of $499.99 for the G9 PowerSet???

Current
2006 Honda CB900F 919 Hornet
Sold
1996 Suzuki GSF750 Kan.of.tuna
1985 Honda VF700 Intercepter
1997 Suzuki DR650
mercenario27 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome