Doing things the hard way
Join Date: Oct 2010
Rep Power: 1
Resurrecting a thread, and no surprise that it is the thread of a fellow Canadian considering the topic.
I have been riding into December, and I start riding again even before the winter tire law expires (dont get me started on that law... this year I filed my 2 week dispensation saying: "Going to Ontario to get Tim Hortons coffee"). But -1C/30F is where I draw the line.
I'm looking at the Oxford grips which seem to be improved since the last model. Questions:
1) Will these be an exact replacement for my grips? between the control pods and motovation bar ends I have very little extra space.
2) What else will I need for the install? I see from another thread that the EC Master Ground block would help... the alternative is just putting a fuse and wiring to the battery?
3) Best place for the controller? I would rather it be stealth...
4) Any issues with Renthal bars?
5) Bonus Question: Do any of those grip muffs (sounds dirty) work with bar end mirrors, or would I need to cut holes?
I know there is the debate of heated gloves vs grips too... but I know I'll always remember to bring my grips.
"No matter where you go, there you are." - Buckaroo Banzai