Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Got the Seat covered

3K views 31 replies 19 participants last post by  str8ghtjacket 
#1 · (Edited)
So without going the 300 dollar plus range and getting a new seat I had my Upholstery lady here in Austin redo my seat. Vinyl is prob twice as thick, has a kinda carbon fiber look, should go well with the CF Satos that should be here today or tomorrow. She also took out the void pocket right before the passenger part of the seat that almost all 9ers have. So for 60 bucks looks pretty good. Whatcha think?
[/URL][/IMG]

See less See more
#17 · (Edited)
I had a local upholstry place recover the seat on my last bike (nighthawk 750) and brought him a picture of the corbin version of the seat and he matched it perfectly. seams, piping, texture, different materials. I think he charged 100 bucks, but it was pretty involved. I would check it out. I wouldn't see why they couldn't do leather, and most places would probably have a look-a-like to leather that would handle being outside better

Attachments

#16 ·
Ok guys here you go, I contacted my lady and if you want her info just PM me. I talked to her this morning to make sure she wanted the extra work and that it was something she wanted me to put out there. Please be respectful and understanding that this is really not her main business (bike seats) She is a contractor for the company I work for. Great lady and does nice work.

#20 ·
That's a nice seat. How is the material for moving around on? I like to hang off so a grippy material would be a problem.

I want to add foam to the front of mine to flattern it out a bit and bring the ridge at the back forward a bit. I may go for stock material for the rider part and carbon look for the pillion to give an effect of a seat pod.

#23 ·
Seat looked great until my fucking cat clawed the shit out of it yesterday. Going have to have it redone. Nothing like flushing money down the toilet. This has not been a great holiday, death in the family now my fucking cat, Seems I can never catch a break. :banghead:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.