post #3 of 80 Old 08-19-2010, 08:15 PM Thread Starter
Carp Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue919Guy View Post
They are crap quality- Pazzos are made in Canada too! Pazzo FTW
Really? They look good....

post #4 of 80 Old 08-19-2010, 08:25 PM
Discen

check the shipping costs... 27.80 for a pair of levers? still a good deal, if they're as good as the seller says they are

post #5 of 80 Old 08-19-2010, 08:50 PM
Tirone shoelaces

I know a few people who have the cheaper Chinese knock-offs.

They look good!

post #6 of 80 Old 08-19-2010, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Carp Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogjaw View Post
check the shipping costs... 27.80 for a pair of levers? still a good deal, if they're as good as the seller says they are
Yeah, saw the shipping. Still only like $50-$60 for leavers. They are probably CNC machined..... in china....

The anodizing may be shit, but how do you screw up the function? The only reason I bought Pazzo leavers was because I wanted the adjustment.

post #7 of 80 Old 08-20-2010, 01:45 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Veteran Extraordinary Ride Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

I plan to get some when i'm ready, I'll take a chance on em....the extra cheap price has me sold. even if the anodizing is crappy and doesn't last long, i could buy two sets compared to one of the genuine article.

Well, fire the engines! Spur this iron space-pony on!

"The Shadow"
post #8 of 80 Old 08-20-2010, 06:53 AM
blur

Awards Showcase
Donation 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
They are crap quality- Pazzos are made in Canada too! Pazzo FTW
really,i've got a pair.you say they are crap because?????

work as good as the pazzo/crg,had them for 4000 miles the anodz. still looks brand new

i'm very happy with them they fit the perches better than the stockers did..... that i'm sure honda had made in china or korea..ect

'04 Honda 919, Candy apple red met., 17/44t sprockets,f-16 windscreen,delkevic ss exhaust,Tharbars,givi engine bars, billet alum. led turns w/ running lights,red adj.levers from china, bar end mirrors,grip heaters,adj. foot peg brackets,adj. bar risers,dunlop Q2(that are better than your pp 2ct,lol)bike wired for gps and phone charger
post #9 of 80 Old 08-20-2010, 07:07 AM
Discen

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewvir View Post

work as good as the pazzo/crg,had them for 4000 miles the anodz. still looks brand new

i'm very happy with them they fit the perches better than the stockers did..... that i'm sure honda had made in china or korea..ect
I was just going off of the many threads I have read about these levers- sometimes you have to support the local guys if we want them to stick around! Pazzos are perfect everytime, with warranty and great support. Those standards are non existant with almost anything from China.

post #10 of 80 Old 08-20-2010, 07:33 AM
Gets censored

anything and everything I buy chienese I end up replacing sooner or later. I agree pazzos, crg's, ect are way over priced so not sure what I'd do if I was in the market again....

post #11 of 80 Old 08-20-2010, 07:36 AM
Gets censored

Second thought, if I'm haulin arse and wanna grab a handful of lever I want something not built in china in control of my life.... just me. I'd go crg again.

post #12 of 80 Old 08-20-2010, 08:02 AM
Discen

Quote:

+1

I also have them. They have held up great thus far, been on for about 5 months and still look good.

post #13 of 80 Old 08-20-2010, 08:06 AM
"Whose ABBA ZABBA?"

If you buy those, keep an eye on your fingers. If you start getting strange burn marks, then skin starts blistering off revealing ligaments and bone, then your hand starts to stink bad and you can't keep dogs and cats from licking the rotting meat.............................

Look, the Chinos might be recycling reactor parts and selling them to us, OK?

“In my opinion, the M1 rifle is the greatest battle implement ever devised.”
General George S. Patton
post #14 of 80 Old 08-20-2010, 11:27 AM Thread Starter
Carp Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
Second thought, if I'm haulin arse and wanna grab a handful of lever I want something not built in china in control of my life.... just me. I'd go crg again.
It would have to be unbelievably poor quality metal in order to fail, even under the most stressful braking conditions.... I can appreciate your concern but, as was mentioned, I bet 60% of the major manufacturers parts are made in China.

I have a bunch of Chinese rifles. I have no problems with 50,000PSI in a metal cylinder beside my head. Fact of the matter is that Chinese manufacturing technology and standards have come a LONG way and for the most part, it's dependent on the QC at the individual factories that makes the difference. Some stuff is absolute trash and some stuff is extremely well built.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaa View Post
If you buy those, keep an eye on your fingers. If you start getting strange burn marks, then skin starts blistering off revealing ligaments and bone, then your hand starts to stink bad and you can't keep dogs and cats from licking the rotting meat.............................

Look, the Chinos might be recycling reactor parts and selling them to us, OK?
You might want to think about loosening the straps on your tinfoil hat.....

post #15 of 80 Old 08-20-2010, 11:49 AM
"Whose ABBA ZABBA?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallybanger View Post

You might want to think about loosening the straps on your tinfoil hat.....
Oh have I got a picture for you...................................

General George S. Patton
post #16 of 80 Old 08-20-2010, 02:00 PM
blur

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Do you remember...when we said the same thing about the Japanese?

it was only the 60's

'04 Honda 919, Candy apple red met., 17/44t sprockets,f-16 windscreen,delkevic ss exhaust,Tharbars,givi engine bars, billet alum. led turns w/ running lights,red adj.levers from china, bar end mirrors,grip heaters,adj. foot peg brackets,adj. bar risers,dunlop Q2(that are better than your pp 2ct,lol)bike wired for gps and phone charger
post #17 of 80 Old 08-20-2010, 02:36 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

You can still buy 2 pairs for the price you'd pay for Pazzo or CRG, so even IF something breaks, you got a spare set.

Oh and those bar-end mirrors, got em for $25 for the pair with shipping out of China too. They're all holding up very well. The only knock I have on them is the anodizing. While, they are still gold, they have faded tiny bit. I'd recommend getting the black ones.

post #18 of 80 Old 08-20-2010, 02:41 PM
`

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewebay1 View Post
You can still buy 2 pairs for the price you'd pay for Pazzo or CRG, so even IF something breaks, you got a spare set.

Oh and those bar-end mirrors, got em for $25 for the pair with shipping out of China too. They're all holding up very well
what happened, still no f4i front end??

post #19 of 80 Old 08-20-2010, 02:55 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

These pics were taken 5 months ago, but I'll have them on there very soon. They're sitting in the garage in the Ohlins box they came in, next to the center stand and tools. I'm thinking Labor Day weekend they'll be on!

post #20 of 80 Old 08-20-2010, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Carp Killer

Are the F4i forks inverted???

post #21 of 80 Old 08-20-2010, 05:07 PM
Tirone

I'll second these being just fine levers. I wanted to buy a set, looked around for reviews, found a whole lot of off-the-cuff "don't own then but they are chinese and therefor are surely crap". Went ahead and got them anyway, they're just fine. Even IF they were manufactured poorly, there is no way on earth the milled aluminum bar is going to be any weaker than the cheesy-ass pot metal stockers - who can seriously defend those, I've had better made paper clips.

I'm sure there are finer hand-crafted unobtanium-alloy levers available, but these are several large steps nicer than stock for sure.

post #22 of 80 Old 08-20-2010, 07:15 PM
(-(-(-(-(- -)-)-)-)-)

No the F4i are not inverted, but the ones I'm putting on are modded with 200lb springs, ohlin fluids, gold valves, and of course the adjustments that the 02-03 didn't have. And they're direct replacements with no modifications.

post #23 of 80 Old 08-20-2010, 07:22 PM
Le So Cal Troll

Quote:
No the F4i are not inverted, but the ones I'm putting on are modded with 200lb springs, ohlin fluids, gold valves, and of course the adjustments that the 02-03 didn't have. And they're direct replacements with no modifications.
they are like the 04+ 919 forks + compression adjustment down by the axle if im not mistaken

post #24 of 80 Old 08-20-2010, 08:41 PM
McTavish

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4spdbh View Post
they are like the 04+ 919 forks + compression adjustment down by the axle if im not mistaken
From what I have read and seen so far, the F4i forks are like 2004+ 919 forks except with a low speed compression adjuster fitted down on the lower portion of the fork leg, right near the axle. So you end up with external ride height and low speed rebound adjustments like a 2004+ 919 plus getting external low speed compression adjustment added. If you are dealing with a good chassis tuner, are honest about your skill level and intended use, he/she will spring it, valve it and oil it just right, and considering what a 919 is and what it is not, the external low speed damping adjustments are all you need - rebound more so.

post #25 of 80 Old 08-21-2010, 10:08 AM
Tesserarius

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Veteran 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:

Oh and those bar-end mirrors, got em for $25 for the pair with shipping out of China too. They're all holding up very well. The only knock I have on them is the anodizing. While, they are still gold, they have faded tiny bit. I'd recommend getting the black ones.
Dude you overpaid... I got mine for $17 shipped.

In 1915 T. Roosevelt said, in a speech to the KofC, "There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all. "
post #26 of 80 Old 08-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Gets censored

if they hold up they hold up you can't argue that. I will say with no offense implied they look "cheap" I bought my crg's used cause I couldn't see spending that much on levers and they look alot better... alot. Now functionality wise they're probably very similar but if they're fading so soon then I'm not impresssed. Wonder if you can re-anodize them?

I have the cheap mirrors also I think they called em tracksides, I'm not impressed with those either very buzzy and the metal is shit. I snapped one off adjusting it, cycle gear replaced it thats a good job to them not the product.

post #27 of 80 Old 08-21-2010, 12:30 PM
"Whose ABBA ZABBA?"

rotten fingers..........just saying. they always put strange shit in the baby food we get, toys are loaded with lead paint.................maybe some gene altering shit in there.

"mom?"
"yes honey"
"my finger bones are showing and my weener turned black"
"you got those chino levers, didn't you. and i told you about smacking your little fireman too much!"
"ya mom, i know"

General George S. Patton
post #28 of 80 Old 08-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Gets censored

you said weiner.

post #29 of 80 Old 08-21-2010, 07:23 PM
"Whose ABBA ZABBA?"

Quote:
you said weiner.
I said "weener", not weiner. Like...stop intimating I don no how to spel.

General George S. Patton
post #30 of 80 Old 08-21-2010, 07:46 PM
Gets censored

You're more illitereter than me...

post #31 of 80 Old 08-21-2010, 08:53 PM
"Whose ABBA ZABBA?"

Quote:
You're more illitereter than me...
No im not!

General George S. Patton
post #32 of 80 Old 08-22-2010, 05:01 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Quote:
if they hold up they hold up you can't argue that. I will say with no offense implied they look "cheap" I bought my crg's used cause I couldn't see spending that much on levers and they look alot better... alot. Now functionality wise they're probably very similar but if they're fading so soon then I'm not impresssed. Wonder if you can re-anodize them?

I have the cheap mirrors also I think they called em tracksides, I'm not impressed with those either very buzzy and the metal is shit. I snapped one off adjusting it, cycle gear replaced it thats a good job to them not the product.
cyclegear sells some pure crap. I bought a pair of speedmetal/motrax (same manufacturer) blinkers and I'll be damned if they are not cold-soldered. I've had to resolder both sides. Also, when a bulb decides to go out (left bulb has gone out twice in less than a year on me) you can't find a replacement. You're only option is to unsolder the bulb from it's base and cram your own in...or buy another set of blinkers and steal a bulb/replace the entire thing.

post #33 of 80 Old 08-22-2010, 09:03 AM
"Whose ABBA ZABBA?"

I bought stuff from Harbor Freight. Chinese stuff. I was so disappointed I threw it away and the stuff I kept I hide it from everyone. I never bought another thing from them. I know some people swear by them but I swear at them. China might be coming up on the learning curve, but that doesn't impress me. I'll save and spend more to get what I can trust.

General George S. Patton
post #34 of 80 Old 08-22-2010, 03:29 PM
Hastatus Posterior

Quote:
I was just going off of the many threads I have read about these levers- sometimes you have to support the local guys if we want them to stick around! Pazzos are perfect everytime, with warranty and great support. Those standards are non existant with almost anything from China.
Although I agree with this, it cuts both ways. I have been in the manufacturing industry for +12 years and have gotten a feel for the in some cases almost "criminal" margins between the factory door and the end user.
On the one and we are shooting ourselves in the foot by buying "cheap" Chinese products as our local industries are suffering and comes back to bite us all in the ass. On the other hand due to really greedy margins(from the factory door to retailers) for the past few decades and constant drive to increase last year's sales, no wonder its more tempting to buy Chinese.

post #35 of 80 Old 08-22-2010, 03:57 PM
blur

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farab View Post
Although I agree with this, it cuts both ways. I have been in the manufacturing industry for +12 years and have gotten a feel for the in some cases almost "criminal" margins between the factory door and the end user.
On the one and we are shooting ourselves in the foot by buying "cheap" Chinese products as our local industries are suffering and comes back to bite us all in the ass. On the other hand due to really greedy margins(from the factory door to retailers) for the past few decades and constant drive to increase last year's sales, no wonder its more tempting to buy Chinese.
farab your a man of much wisdom

post #36 of 80 Old 08-22-2010, 09:37 PM
McTavish

Quote:
farab your a man of much wisdom
The real problem is too many people wanting to pay a Wal Mart price while keeping their U A W like wages and benefits. It can't last forever. And as long as people line up to buy fancy running shoes and willingly sign over 150 $ for something that they should know has a far east factory door price of $ 5 and the poor soul that made them goes home to drink toxic water from the tap, well, where IS the root of the problem ?

post #37 of 80 Old 08-23-2010, 06:41 AM
blur

Awards Showcase
Donation 

i don't mind paying for quality,i'm not overpaying for something. as was stated above even mediocre quality billet aluminum chinese levers have to be stronger than the crap cast aluminum levers honda put on the 9er that we all know were cast in china also.then they turn around and charge you $30+ dollars a pair

post #38 of 80 Old 08-23-2010, 08:10 AM
"Whose ABBA ZABBA?"

Union wise, pensions of epic size are what we are paying for. Look for non-union American stuff. You won't be a party to bailing out their opulent pensions sometime down the line.
Seriously, man-o-shevitz.......Chinese stuff now a days is truly a no-no for us yanks given the incredible debt the government has put us in with them.
Hey, don't let me influence you guys on this stuff. I'm only a heavily armed, somewhat old, angry motorcycle rider(love's me some motorcycle, every day), who has a crush on his Nation and slightly larger than average weener that doesn't get used so much cause I'm married to a lump who thinks I'm a lump, but at least I got a Rockwell Bandsaw and a floor standing drill press. Oh, I've never shopped Wal-Mart. Never been in one. Not once. Uh uh.

vagina is good.........if i can ever get me some.......

p.s......rc90, thanks for today's girl on girl stuff. that was hot

General George S. Patton
post #39 of 80 Old 08-23-2010, 11:22 AM
blur

Awards Showcase
Donation 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdaa View Post
Union wise, pensions of epic size are what we are paying for. Look for non-union American stuff. You won't be a party to bailing out their opulent pensions sometime down the line.
Seriously, man-o-shevitz.......Chinese stuff now a days is truly a no-no for us yanks given the incredible debt the government has put us in with them.
Hey, don't let me influence you guys on this stuff. I'm only a heavily armed, somewhat old, angry motorcycle rider(love's me some motorcycle, every day), who has a crush on his Nation and slightly larger than average weener that doesn't get used so much cause I'm married to a lump who thinks I'm a lump, but at least I got a Rockwell Bandsaw and a floor standing drill press. Oh, I've never shopped Wal-Mart. Never been in one. Not once. Uh uh.

vagina is good.........if i can ever get me some.......

p.s......rc90, thanks for today's girl on girl stuff. that was hot

really???????? exactly where do you get your info? from fox??
everything you have..pension,health benefits,weekends off,vacation time,sick time,a 40 hour work week is because of union labor whether you want to admit it or not. learn your history. employers GAVE you none of that because they wanted to...union members fought,suffered and DIED! to give you what you take for granted. child labor laws,osha, ALL OF IT!!!!!!!

as far as pensions go, you don't know what your talking about. the car makers AGREED to a CONTRACT years ago telling the u.a.w. they would put $xxx away for each members retirement then they spend that money buying saab,jag,lambo,ect.
now they cry about pensions...fuck them. they should have honored their end of the contract.
how much of your health benifits do YOU pay for out of your pocket?or deducted from your check?
i pay 100% of my pension,health benifits,annunity and my vacation check comes from MY negotiated wage package. i get zero (0) paid vacation,sick,personal, or anything from my employers, can you say that?

how would you feel if you worked for ENRON? you do know they stole almost all of their employees pensions?
people who were going to get $3k-$4k a month retirement are getting $50

I BUY WHAT I FEEL IS THE BEST VALUE FOR MY MONEY. i won't buy crg,ect because i KNOW it cost them $20-30 to make the levers then they and the retailers mark them up tp $100+ each because they are greedy fuckin pigs!
a 100% markup should be more than enough not 400%-500%

BTW...ROCKWELL TOOLS IS UNION

post #40 of 80 Old 08-23-2010, 11:31 AM
"Whose ABBA ZABBA?"

Unions have outlived their usefulness. Period. teamsters, for example, are looking for you and I to pay for their pension responsibilities through government bailouts right now. No amount of cheering is going to make that palatable. You look for the good values alreight, and blast me for saying buy local, when in fact union strongarming got the fucking product so god damned high in cost? I won't buy crg because of what did you say? The cost was so god damned high so you chose to by cheap china stuff and send your cash away from the same unions you seem to be so proud of. Daddy-o, that's just one walking talking contradiction. Unions were essential in making this country. Now, they are partly causal in it's decline. This is fact, not fancy. Just think, look smell and feel. It isn't clean any more.

Seriously, I'd never deny anyone from buying where and what they wanted. But, I certainly reserve a right to talk about it. And I do pay more for stuff I bought made in the USA. I have gone home empty handed when I couldn't find any in stock USA made stuff. I don't do it 100% of the time, but I do it enough to make a difference to me.

General George S. Patton

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode