Experiences with Tekarbon? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 1 Old 03-30-2016, 03:49 PM Thread Starter
-Thread Lurker-

Experiences with Tekarbon?

Hey guys,

So back in December (the 12th) I placed an order with Tekarbon for a twill weave under tail and lower heat shield for my 09 R1. As stated on their website, a "custom" order (ie. twill weave on non stocked part) can take up to 7 weeks to fulfill. I was very patient and waited until the end of Feb to contact them. I was told they have received a larger number of orders than usual and may take longer than expected. Last week I emailed them back to ask just how long that would be so I can make arrangements to get the bike back together. It has been now 7 business days (excluding Easter) and have not heard back from them. I'v called twice to only get voicemail, and left a message with Clara. My order was paid in full back in December, and I have received the order notification as well as confirmation my order went through from Clara.

Has anyone ordered stuff from them before? Any issues? How long did it take? If I can't get ahold of them I'm going to open a dispute with Visa and get a charge back.

When I bought the R1 it had a twill tank cover, chain guard and hugger all from Tek installed by the previous owner. The CF itself appears to be good quality and fits well so I figured I'd order more. So far I am not impressed..

Guess Il be riding the Ol' reliable 919 long before the R1 gets put back together...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-467346168.jpg (61.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg image-3223798489.jpg (64.0 KB, 16 views)

Till next time, Brrraap

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode