EBC Brakes SRC Clutch Review - Honda 919 - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 3 Old 09-21-2012, 07:24 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

EBC Brakes SRC Clutch Review - Honda 919

Hey Guys,

finished installing my new clutch on my 919 today.

Ordered the clutch on ebay for $80 shipped, came with springs and friction plates. Used the original drive discs, they weren't bad (Not that I knew that when I ordered the kit lol).

Install was very straight forward; disconnect clutch cable, remove clutch cover, remove spring caps and springs, and remove the plates one by one. Replaced the old with new and installed in the reverse order after I soaked the new plates in some fresh oil. Old friction plates were pretty rough. Also didn't think ahead and order a clutch cover gasket, and of course it came off in 30+ pieces, and I cracked a clutch cover bolt when putting the cover back on, not sure how since I had my torque wrench set to 15 ft-lbs but what can you do. Local shop gave me one at no charge.

So with that side, now that the clutch is in, it is absolutely awesome. Grabs super hard, isn't too heavy on the hand at all, and my shifts have also improved. First to second literally barely makes a noise, didn't think a new clutch would have an effect on shifting.

No slippage what so ever under WOT in every gear and a variety of speeds. So nice to have a clutch that I don't have to worry about burning my drive plates with and grabs so hard, almost like having a new bike the difference is night and day.

So for $80 shipped plus $20 for a clutch cover gasket I would highly recommend it if yours in on its way out. And for a job that's easy enough to do it yourself its definitely affordable. Never did a clutch before just did a little research and it was as straight forward as it looked.

I'll post up again once I get more miles on it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 03-28-2016, 09:08 PM
Tirone

Garage
How is that clutch treating you?

post #3 of 3 Old 04-02-2016, 08:40 AM
Discen

Yes, any final thoughts ??

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode