Ebay Frame Sliders? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 11 Old 06-21-2011, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Milites Gregarius

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

Ebay Frame Sliders?

Anybody ever checked these out? If so, what's the verdict. The price is right...

EXTENDED 919 Frame Sliders Honda 900F CB900F Hornet | eBay

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 06-22-2011, 12:46 AM
Pilus Posterior

Look very similar to the ones I got some years back. I changed out the bolts and frame mounted them (not engine mounted as they are set up in the images). Nothing wrong with the slider material but they are untried in respect to a crash!

Hold up fine to jack the front end of your bike off the ground too!

post #3 of 11 Old 06-22-2011, 07:00 AM
just send it.

Garage
^^ Agree with Allan. Do NOT mount these to the engine motor mount. Instead, you may need to get some hardware and mount them to your frame.

I know there are more threads with better pictures, but this should give you a better idea why not to mount them as suggested by the Ebay ad.
https://www.wristtwisters.com/f94/cal...ders-1490.html

[This space for rent]

post #4 of 11 Old 06-22-2011, 08:33 AM
The Cripple

i have em mounted to my bike, and for what they do, they work well. the price indeed is right. in fact, they were cheap enough that i was willing to mount the givi crash bars and then mount these in the engine mount area. the price was so cheap i was very willing to grind the sides down to make them fit with the givi crash bars. their purpose: foot rests and they work well.

post #5 of 11 Old 06-22-2011, 09:20 AM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvster View Post
i have em mounted to my bike, and for what they do, they work well. the price indeed is right. in fact, they were cheap enough that i was willing to mount the givi crash bars and then mount these in the engine mount area. the price was so cheap i was very willing to grind the sides down to make them fit with the givi crash bars. their purpose: foot rests and they work well.
^^ Do you have a pic of your setup?

post #6 of 11 Old 06-22-2011, 09:59 AM
road to success .. where?

Here is a link to the "How to" along with a few nice pics.
https://www.wristtwisters.com/f94/rel...ders-1518.html

post #7 of 11 Old 06-22-2011, 12:06 PM
Le So Cal Troll

ya... drill n tap the frame n ull be good, never understood why people spent tons of money on sliders when all they are is just a big piece of derlin.

post #8 of 11 Old 06-22-2011, 12:47 PM
Tirone

i bought the trex? sliders after my last deployment. they looked great. easy install. but then i had to test them...they wore out after maybe 40 ft of sliding? the gas tank was dented and shaved down pretty good as well as the alternator cover and rear seat cowl. i guess they did the job...idk...i upgraded this time to the givi crash bars...hope i never have to find out if they work...

post #9 of 11 Old 06-22-2011, 01:33 PM
The Cripple

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb View Post
^^ Do you have a pic of your setup?
not yet as i've been very busy and plan to post pictures. in boise right now enjoying the awesome weather unlike what the northwest has to offer right now

i even need to post pictures of how the bike looks now with the new tins installed and what not. stay tuned, pictures coming soon!

post #10 of 11 Old 06-22-2011, 01:35 PM
The Cripple

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-will View Post
i upgraded this time to the givi crash bars...hope i never have to find out if they work...
i can assure you, they will work great as i've tested them, both sides. right side collided with an f150 and the left side met pavement and slide 30-40 feet before being dragged another 20 ft or so.

post #11 of 11 Old 08-24-2011, 11:38 PM
Tesserarius

I put a set of them on my bike today. I bought them mostly to use for a helmet lock. They seem to be good quality and installed easily. I was initially worried it would be a pain because of some of the issues some people had installing the motovation sliders. I got out the trusty Craftsmen cordless and my Harbor Freight bits and tap&die set and went to work. I had them installed in under 20min counting the time it took to drill and tap the frame. The sliders came with bolts to install on the motor mounts, but obviously I didn't go that route. I bought 2-10X1.5mm bolts with about 20mm of threads protruding from the slider to go into the frame. Here's a few pics of the install. I am just waiting on the lock from Amazon to finish it off.

craftsman 001.jpg

craftsman 001 (1).jpg

craftsman 001 (2).jpg

craftsman 001 (3).jpg

craftsman 001 (4).jpg

craftsman 001 (5).jpg

craftsman 001 (6).jpg

craftsman 001 (7).jpg

craftsman 001 (8).jpg

craftsman 001 (9).jpg

Don't steal. The government hates competition.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode