My bike turned a little bit Italian over Mothers' Day weekend...
I had these aftermarket shorties on the front for the past couple of years & I recently realized that they weren't worth a damn in the daylight
So, I picked up a pair of stock Ducati turn signals off of eBay, these can be found on the newer ('09+ I believe) Monster & Streetfighter.
Of course they couldn't just bolt up,
I had to do a bit of altering to make it work... because the holes in the mounting plate on the bike were a different offset than the "studs" in the turn signal, I had to improvise with a hack saw & a dremel tool...
STEP 1) disassemble the new turn signals (to get the wires out of the way)
STEP 2) cut along the dotted line
STEP 3) with a dremel tool and an abrasive cylindrical-shaped bit, I cut out one side of the bore so that the wires could pass through their intended route, but bend out of the way so that they could mate up to the hole in the mounting plate of the bike. (if that makes any sense)
STEP 4) Using some gasket material I bought from the autoparts store (this is the grey stuff meant for watertight gaskets - NOT the cork stuff) I made my own spacers to place on the end of the stock. In these pics you only see one, but I actually had to double-up & make 2 for each turn signal.
^^ in these two pics you can see how my dremel work combined with the custom-cut gasket allow the proper spacing between the mounding stud and the wiring.
The final results...