Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

customized aztec8 dual 4" headlight lights

5K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Pvster 
#1 ·
I recently shoved 4300k hid projectors with white halos in my aztec8 headlight housings. The lights maintain the high/low function and i ran a toggle switch to kill the headlights so i can ride around win just the halos lit.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Blue guy - here is a pic of what it looked like before i painted them. They obviously stick out of the housing but i used 1" wide foam weather stripping inside the aztec8 front ring to seal the projectors in. I had to trim the projector housing a little to allow the frog ring to lock back onto the bucket.

Attachments

#6 ·
Nicely done! Any way you can take a picture of the light spread (shoot down the road from the bike)? And like PVster said, details on price and where to purchase?

Also, a piece of hot-tub wire tubing covers those cables up nicely. I believe it's MarylandMike that has pics from his install way back.

#7 ·
I ordered them from easy-motorcycle. Shipping was kinda slow as they were shipped out of china.

H4 9003 HID bi-xenon projector kit angel eye Hi/Lo H1/H7 9006 [G3-projector] - $159.99 : easy-motorcycle.com supplies

As for wiring, there is a crap ton of wires behind my fly screen now. It obviously has 2 ballasts, 2 angel eye relays, a high low controler and i added a toggle. I ran a power and ground from the battery wit an inline fuse to the toggle then to the controller. Ran the angel eyes on the running light wires in the front turn signal circuit. And then just plugged everthing else in their respective plugs. I will get pics of low and high beam down a road and against a building tonigt.

#9 ·
Update

Took the flyscreen and projectors out the other day for a few reasons.
1. One of the ballasts fried
2. One of the angel eyes got hit with a rock and broke
3. The fly screen didn't do much for wind and moved the headlights forward too much
4. I probably save 5 lbs taking out the 2 ballasts, 2 projector lenses and housings, the 5 miles of wire needed, the fly screen with brackets, and the headlight bracket extentions
5. In a spirited night ride i find it harder to see far through a turn with brighter headlights due to your eyes having to deal with a larger difference in light.

#12 ·
So I'm in the mood for a new headlight because the aztec8 lights aren't that bright and the glass is starting to fog(not from moisture). So I have narrowed my options to the 599, mt03, or 1125cr headlight. I don't want to run hids because I haven't had good luck with them and I ride so much that having to order replacement parts would keep me off the bike and this is no bueno. So far the pros and cons are:

599 + better light than stock, easy install, cheapest option
- looks stock

Mt03 + looks great, not too expensive
- requires different gauges to look right, mounting mod required, very common

1125cr + looks mean, not very popular
- costs a lot, mounting looks difficult, needs different gauge to look right

What do you guys think?

#16 ·
Ordered the 599 from the local dealer. They hook me up so got a decent price. So as far as wiring goes, I'm just planning on hooking the low beam bulb to existing the low beam circuit and hooking both bulbs up on the existing high beam circuit. Any for seen problems with that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.