Custom fender eliminator - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 19 Old 09-23-2014, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Custom fender eliminator

Today I decided to make my own fender eliminator since I wasn't a big fan of the ones that you can purchase and came up with this. A buddy of mine had made one and I really liked his so I decided to make my own. I used a piece of aluminum sheet metal to make the bracket, it's somewhat flimsy so I may remake it with steel. Basically I made it so that it attaches where the exhaust brackets bolt on above the rear tire. I bent it so that it sticks far enough away from the underside so that the license plate bolts fit and don't run or hit anything. I used the stock wiring for the running lights and made my own led running light that is double stick taped on. The used be strip style led's that come in a longer role. Overall I'm super happy, the plate is plenty visible so I don't get hassled for it but tucked away nicely so no attention is drawn. The led's light the plate up great at night too! Tell me what you guys think!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image-708521267.jpg (56.7 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg image-627149035.jpg (93.3 KB, 94 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 09-24-2014, 02:11 AM
Discen

Looks good!

post #3 of 19 Old 09-24-2014, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

I like the tucked look. Getting rid of that stock fender and putting an integrated tail light on makes the rear end look a ton better.

post #4 of 19 Old 09-24-2014, 09:15 AM
LDH
Test Rider

Awards Showcase
Trackday Recognition Referral Award 
Total Awards: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDHonda12 View Post
Tell me what you guys think!

I think if you spent more time riding the bike and less time trying to make it look cool you wouldn't have those pussy stripes on your tires

post #5 of 19 Old 09-24-2014, 10:31 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDH View Post
I think if you spent more time riding the bike and less time trying to make it look cool you wouldn't have those pussy stripes on your tires
Forgive me for trying to improve the appearance of my bike. Didn't realize I'd be hated on for it. I work 65 hours a week so it's getting hard to find time to ride. I've only had the bike for 2 months so I'm still getting comfortable on it. I'm used to riding the dirt.

post #6 of 19 Old 09-24-2014, 10:51 AM
Tool & Die

Awards Showcase
Motorcycle Picture Game Award 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Today I decided to make my own fender eliminator since I wasn't a big fan of the ones that you can purchase and came up with this. A buddy of mine had made one and I really liked his so I decided to make my own. I used a piece of aluminum sheet metal to make the bracket, it's somewhat flimsy so I may remake it with steel. Basically I made it so that it attaches where the exhaust brackets bolt on above the rear tire. I bent it so that it sticks far enough away from the underside so that the license plate bolts fit and don't run or hit anything. I used the stock wiring for the running lights and made my own led running light that is double stick taped on. The used be strip style led's that come in a longer role. Overall I'm super happy, the plate is plenty visible so I don't get hassled for it but tucked away nicely so no attention is drawn. The led's light the plate up great at night too! Tell me what you guys think!
Looks good man. Around here I'd get hassled with a tucked plate. I'm still running with the stock shovel.

'07 Hornet - Candy Glory Red
post #7 of 19 Old 09-24-2014, 11:05 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrow919 View Post
Looks good man. Around here I'd get hassled with a tucked plate. I'm still running with the stock shovel.
thanks man! Yeah I would be worried about getting hassled but my buddy has had his plate like this on his 919 for the last year and hasn't gotten bothered for it. It's surprisingly visible, I think the single sided exhaust helps a little with visibility though.

post #8 of 19 Old 09-24-2014, 11:16 AM
Cornicen

Looks great man. I really like the high mount single side exhaust! I have a low mount single side exhaust, using the 900rr header. What's involved with your setup?

Bikes:
2004 V-Rod (sold)
2004 CBR600F4i (sold)
2003 RC51
2010 Triump Scrambler (sold)
2003 CB900F
2004 CBR 600rr

Non Bikes:
2007 JK Sahara
2005 CTS V (sold)
2006 Audi S4
post #9 of 19 Old 09-24-2014, 12:44 PM
Community Moderator

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 3

Quote:
Forgive me for trying to improve the appearance of my bike. Didn't realize I'd be hated on for it. I work 65 hours a week so it's getting hard to find time to ride. I've only had the bike for 2 months so I'm still getting comfortable on it. I'm used to riding the dirt.
Don't worry about LDH, he sometimes puts things where they don't belong and then complains when his boss tells him to take them out

I did something similar with mine, but no bracket involved:

2009 Aprilia Tuono - Ginger
2001 XR650R BRP (Big Red Pig)
2006 Honda 599 - Ex wrecked it :-D
2007 Honda CB900F (sold)
2006 Honda VTX 1300C (sold)
YouTube Channel
post #10 of 19 Old 09-24-2014, 02:10 PM
Princeps Prior

Looks good for sure! Here's my setup done by the PO of my bike. He just drilled a couple holes in the back of the under tray where it's flat. Used a couple brackets and a flat piece of aluminum to space it out. I'm sure it can be mounted here with some spacers or similar. I believe the spacing is to bring the plate under the taillight for its source of light. Also to bring it out flush with the exhaust end caps for looks I suppose.. My state requires a light for the plate, but it's well lit so I've never been pulled over for it. One could easily install a light I'm sure. Which I need to do eventually http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/Re...ujvo.jpg.html][/URL] http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/Re...u6hq.jpg.html][/URL]

post #11 of 19 Old 09-24-2014, 05:25 PM
Aquilifer

I did mine the same way as the original poster and the great thing about it was that it prevented the toll tag plazas from being able to see my plates so I never ended up paying any tolls on my bike.

Rob C

88 Blue Hawk (NT650) Project Pics - http://tinyurl.com/clw8h3q
2000 DL650 - Being ridden but make me an offer if interested...
2002 DL1000 V-Strom
post #12 of 19 Old 09-24-2014, 08:25 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibbonater View Post
Looks great man. I really like the high mount single side exhaust! I have a low mount single side exhaust, using the 900rr header. What's involved with your setup?
Thanks! It is just the two bros 919 mid pipe with the M7 black edition slip on.

post #13 of 19 Old 09-24-2014, 08:29 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by redline919 View Post
Looks good for sure! Here's my setup done by the PO of my bike. He just drilled a couple holes in the back of the under tray where it's flat. Used a couple brackets and a flat piece of aluminum to space it out. I'm sure it can be mounted here with some spacers or similar. I believe the spacing is to bring the plate under the taillight for its source of light. Also to bring it out flush with the exhaust end caps for looks I suppose.. My state requires a light for the plate, but it's well lit so I've never been pulled over for it. One could easily install a light I'm sure. Which I need to do eventually http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/Re...ujvo.jpg.html][/URL] http://s1276.photobucket.com/user/Re...u6hq.jpg.html][/URL]
that's actually pretty much the same set up I had before I did this. I originally used an L shaped piece of aluminum and fastened it to the plastic black tabs.

post #14 of 19 Old 09-24-2014, 08:31 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by g00gl3it View Post
Don't worry about LDH, he sometimes puts things where they don't belong and then complains when his boss tells him to take them out I did something similar with mine, but no bracket involved: Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17JdEMIO8JM
Thanks, you always have that one person. It's better to just ignore it i guess lol! I really like your set up! Looks great! It's cool seeing the different ideas everyone comes up with.

post #15 of 19 Old 09-24-2014, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpcraft View Post
I did mine the same way as the original poster and the great thing about it was that it prevented the toll tag plazas from being able to see my plates so I never ended up paying any tolls on my bike.
haha that's great! Never thought of that! Lol

post #16 of 19 Old 09-25-2014, 07:37 AM
Cornicen

The previous owner of mine used the reciprocating saw approach. Simple and effective, haha. I'll have to clean it up sometime.

What about that exhaust though, I want to know what you did.

Bikes:
2004 V-Rod (sold)
2004 CBR600F4i (sold)
2003 RC51
2003 CB900F
2004 CBR 600rr

Non Bikes:
2007 JK Sahara
2005 CTS V (sold)
2006 Audi S4
post #17 of 19 Old 09-25-2014, 11:04 AM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
The previous owner of mine used the reciprocating saw approach. Simple and effective, haha. I'll have to clean it up sometime. What about that exhaust though, I want to know what you did.
I actually bought the exhaust from another member on here two or so months ago. Its the stock headers with the two bros mid pipe made for the 919s with the two bros m7 black series silencer. The guy I had bought it from had pieced it together from what I know since you can't get the m7 can with the 919 mid pipe as like a package deal. It looks and sounds awesome and really increased the throttle response. Eventually I plan on cutting the can down 4 inches so it doesn't stick out as far.

post #18 of 19 Old 09-25-2014, 12:23 PM
Cornicen

I'm pretty sure I commented on that when it was on his bike, haha. Ok, so stock headers, and Two Brothers mid pipe. I love how that looks, but I also agree with you that the slip on could be a bit shorter. I'd like to see the pictures if you modify that too.

Thanks

Bikes:
2004 V-Rod (sold)
2004 CBR600F4i (sold)
2003 RC51
2003 CB900F
2004 CBR 600rr

Non Bikes:
2007 JK Sahara
2005 CTS V (sold)
2006 Audi S4
post #19 of 19 Old 09-25-2014, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Tirone

Quote:
I'm pretty sure I commented on that when it was on his bike, haha. Ok, so stock headers, and Two Brothers mid pipe. I love how that looks, but I also agree with you that the slip on could be a bit shorter. I'd like to see the pictures if you modify that too. Thanks
yeah I remember you commenting on that! I honestly couldn't be happier. I got a great deal on that setup and it made a bug difference from stock. When I cut it down I'll post a before and after pic or something!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode