Corbin+Givi+Yoshi TRS? - Wrist Twisters

post #1 of 13 Old 09-11-2011, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
No association w/ Tirone.

Awards Showcase
Veteran 
Total Awards: 1

Corbin+Givi+Yoshi TRS?

I've been looking all over the place on here and haven't been able to find a post that says it, but has anyone had the Givi topcase rack mounted with a corbin gunfighter and lady seat, with the CF yoshimura tri oval TRS pipes?

I think that is about my end goal but can't seem to find any confirmation that that will work.

THANKS

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 09-11-2011, 04:28 AM
Milites Gregarius

I'm not sure whether that will work. I've been looking at Givi side racks and I've seen on several websites that it won't fit on aftermarket exhaust. That was for the side racks though. Just a guess, but looking at the mounting instructions the Givi top rack should fit no matter what exhaust because it mounts to the grab bar.

Check out this thread for some ideas: https://www.wristtwisters.com/forums/...obs-23536.html

You can see some installation pictures on Givi's website too: Cases, Side Hardbags, Soft Luggages, Screens, Spoilers HONDA CB 919

post #3 of 13 Old 09-11-2011, 04:49 AM
Gran Tirono

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

I have satos and use the SW Motech for the sidecases, no problem at all, just remember that you need both the stock fender and the stock passenger footpegs. I know it's not exactly the same thing as the yoshis, but there is plenty of room between the racks and the pipes, so I don't see why they wouldn't fit.

As far as the top rack and the gunfighter/lady seat, I can't say. I use the SW-Motech top rack for my Givi, but I don't have the corbin seat. The rack mounts in the same place as the rear passenger grab railSo I would guess that if you can leave the grab rail on you might be ok with that rack. I took a ton of pictures after I installed everything, maybe it'll give you an idea if it looks close: https://www.wristtwisters.com/forums/...nts-26696.html

post #4 of 13 Old 09-11-2011, 04:56 AM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 9

The Givi top rack will work with the Corbin seat, I had one a earlier this year. I'm not sure about the Yoshi's and the side racks, I'm sure the heat wouldn't be a problem, you may need to adjust the mounting brackets for the cans to make them work with the top case rack though.

post #5 of 13 Old 09-11-2011, 05:40 AM
Serial Monogamist

Awards Showcase
Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance Wrist Twisters Event Attendance 
Total Awards: 21

The GIVI top case rack does not appear to have enough clearance between the rear cowl and the can to fit the bracket arm tab. Some have modified the tab by re-drilling a new hole or shortening the arms altogether and eliminating the tab thereby using the grab bar bolts as the sole anchorage.

The alternative would be to purchase an Alu rack from SW-Motech with the appropriate adapter plate for your top case choice. Make sure you specify Monolock or Monokey if you stay with GIVI luggage. I have Yoshi cans, the Alu-rack, and an E36 topcase.

Either way you may not be able to fit side case racks in the future.

Think ahead.

Doc

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS EARLY APEX."
post #6 of 13 Old 09-11-2011, 06:03 AM
rmb
Let's go!

Awards Showcase
Total Awards: 9

^^ The alu-rack may need to be modified to work with the Corbin, I'm pretty sure there's a thread with pics of the modification.

Found it:

https://www.wristtwisters.com/forums/...oje-26378.html

post #7 of 13 Old 09-11-2011, 08:49 AM
Serial Monogamist

Awards Showcase
Total Awards: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb View Post
^^ The alu-rack may need to be modified to work with the Corbin, I'm pretty sure there's a thread with pics of the modification.

Found it:

https://www.wristtwisters.com/f94/hey-kcvoje-26378.html
Good point Rick. I had forgotten all about that mod to accommodate the Corbin.

Doc

"FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS EARLY APEX."
post #8 of 13 Old 09-11-2011, 10:28 AM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmb View Post

Found it:

https://www.wristtwisters.com/forums/...oje-26378.html

I think this may be the key. I'm only wanting the top rack for the most part, and with that alu-rack only using the handle holes, I will also be able to use the Yoshi's whenever I get them. Thanks for all the help guys, and if any of you have any of the pieces mentioned above for sale I may be interested.

post #9 of 13 Old 09-11-2011, 11:42 AM
...is a Nihonjin.

I have Yoshis with a Givi e46 topcase. Used to have a Corbin - but if you put the backrest padding on the Givi, you don't need the one on the Corbin.

post #10 of 13 Old 09-11-2011, 08:55 PM Thread Starter

Awards Showcase
Veteran 

Shmoo which rack mount did you have, the givi or the alurack? Also did you go back to stock or did you upgrade to a better seat? I'm looking for the best 2up seat option to switch out when I take my wife out.

post #11 of 13 Old 08-18-2013, 09:31 AM
(Quintus) Pilus Prior

Awards Showcase
Extraordinary Ride 

I guess I'm just in the mood to bring up dead threads... I just got givi mounts, and have yoshi trs's... I went to mount them up last night, and the bend in the topcase rack hits the end of the muffler. I have some ideas to remedy this, but I figured someone on here has already done this, and probably has a better idea than me, so who can help a brother out?

Love is the feeling you get when you like something as much as your motorcycle - Hunter S. Thompson
I just mı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̨ade you wipe your screen.
-2009 Suzuki GSX-R 750 Race Bike
-2007 Honda 919
-1995 Nighthawk 750 (Tboned)
-1983 KZ 440 (Sold)
post #12 of 13 Old 08-18-2013, 01:05 PM
Canadian Blue

Garage

Awards Showcase
Donation Donation 
Total Awards: 2

That's exactly the reason I did not buy a set of Yoshi's. I didn't want to give up on the givi mount just to get a nice exhaust.
I'll be interested to see what solution you come up with!

Good luck,
Mark

post #13 of 13 Old 08-18-2013, 01:29 PM
Tirone?

Garage

Awards Showcase
Total Awards: 12

That's odd, my yoshis don't come in contact with the givi topcase rack at all.

2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
2001 Honda Blackbird
2007 Honda 919

49/50 visited on two wheels. 1 more to go!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Wrist Twisters forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode