Sportbike Forums on WristTwisters banner

Bike Lift?

3K views 38 replies 16 participants last post by  gpzTurbo 
#1 ·
Thinking about getting a bike lift of some sort. Going to be awhile before I feel like crawling around on the floor again once I get my knee back in shape, and even before I wrecked my knees always hurt after a day wrenching in the garage, even wearing knee pads.

Anybody have a recommedation or experience to share? My initial thought would be something like this: pitbullmotorcyclelifts

Attachments

See less See more
#6 · (Edited)
hi
I have the Craftsman version of that. It was okay. I was able to get both wheels off the ground when necessary and it could shove over in the corner or stand against the wall. No good for oil changes though.
I eventually bought a DirectLift ProCycle : ProCycle Motorcycle Lift and it is the absolute greatest.
I wouldn't mind that type of lift but my home garage isn't set up for it. Need something more compact and manually operated.

#13 ·
I'm never opposed to an opportunity! So far every link I've found is inactive or taken over by another site, not even sure how much it costs. Let's see, 325 British Pounds is about $530, but shipping from the UK would be significant.

#14 ·
i lift my bike with telekinesis.... its not that hard to do just concentrate...

i did once accidentally throw a bike down the street and up against a tree because i sneezed while levitating it.... but i have since learned to control my powers better... *(unfortunately the neighbors lost 12 cats due to my learning curve...*(and that b.s. about landing on their feet ain't true))..

anyway i digress...

i also use my telekinesis to lift the backs of womens dresses as they walk... let me tell you that makes for a fun day at the park....

anyone interested in "telekinesis" lessons just mail me a self addresses stamped envelope with 2 $100 bills inside... i will send you the fool-proof 100% guaranteed method *(don't forget $5.00 shipping and handling)...

#18 ·
haha... my son asked me once... "daddy... whats another word for hard water??"

my answer....

"ice"..... :D...

nothing funner than messing with your kids heads.....

like the other day... the school guidance counselor calls and tells me my boys got "low self esteem".....

i told her... "if he was half as good as his brother he wouldnt have low self esteem".....

*(this is a joke... my kids have great self esteem... cause i beat them if they don't)

#20 ·
- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices
i have a older version of this one, really nice for the price, plus you can lift any bike with the foot pump, or a small air compressor, which activate the hydralic pump. plus it goes really high so you can polish/remove your wheels standing or lube the chain. works really good. plus you get this and you can start helping your riding buddies out with stuff.

#25 ·
I used pitbull stands.

You can also use jackstands under the peg brackets or put screwdrivers in the swingarm bolt holes.

You really need to buy some front and rear stands inorder to utilize the lift properly. In the long run, its worth the investment in the lift and stands.

#24 ·
use a race stand or a car jack i have done it both ways. works good for shock/ swingarm removal too. stick a bar through the centerstand holes jack up on that with front end strapped very very solid. to work on front of bike push it on backwards. i recommend 2 people for this untill you get used to it.

#27 ·
I have this one and LOVE it!!
- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices
I did buy a better wheel chock for it off of eBay however! I think the stand is on sale right now too! I have had both wheels off at the same time, just used my T-Rex race stands on the lift, worked great! I actually usually have the wheel chock off the lift and just use my race stands, it makes it much easier for cleaning the wheels, adjusting & lubing the chain etc. being able to roll them! The lift is also low enough when down that I can roll my Avalanche over it to park in the garage!

#28 ·
#31 ·
Thanks Mike, I love the GPR's as well! The just sound better all the time too! I wish Honda would have seen fit to provide us a location for the buttons on the swingarm!

#34 ·
...It wasn't being praised enough in that other thread? lol.....

...WOW! That's a nice bike lift, Scott!

...yeah... another time, a different site, i know...
Well you know, I thought maybe I could stimulate some conversation in this ghost town by reopening an old thread. What is this other site you speak of? :whistling:

#37 ·
i used to use one of those on the gpz, which is 550 lbs. Having a tube frame though gives me places to attach the tie-downs for xtra support. Lift + roller seat = less back torture (gotta be careful using the word 'stool' on a forum with these nutjobs - who knows what they'll post :) )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.